Bills problem in a nutshell

Big Turk

1 minute ago, Lurker said:

Or anybody on defense that can lay the lumber.   They're all drag down defenders...

which goes kind of hand in hand with a lack of identity, in a way. 

we’ve got a bunch of good players and some young guys that might step into that but what’s the teams identity? It’s not on the offensive side yet for sure. On defense we’ve invested heavily in the center of the D but with star, Oliver and Edmunds we aren’t there (at least yet). The team just doesn’t have a spot to really say “this is who we are” and I think that’s why we are seeing “but we are 6-2” and not “but we bring the hurt to our opponent” or “but you see anyone slowing down -insert name here-“

12 minutes ago, keepthefaith said:

Dabol is calling a pass happy game nearly every week without players that can execute it at a high level consistently.  With a young QB and 3 capable running backs, the ball should be handed off more often. 

So play like the bills with shady and tyrod or fitz and fred jackson is what your saying. Cause if you are then man we are screwed 

Edited by TheJauronClap

36 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

Yes.  I have given up. I am no longer delusional enough to believe the Bills can beat a good team.  They just are not very good. I have to agree with Terry Bradshaw.

So next week if they win, will you predict them to go 13-3?

57 minutes ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills are not very talented.  That is their problem in a nutshell.  

But have you seen the culture around that place?!

It's just fantastic.

15 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

Bills problem in a nutshell (for years):

They don’t have a competent NFL quarterback. 

BINGO! 

I have to say, though, it is fun to read all these explanations as to why we lost today or what the "real" problem with the team is.

Almost nobody mentions the QB.

It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, zevo said:

This is probably one of the dumber statements I’ve read here today. 

Name the players on either side of the ball who are "game breakers"?   They have tons of JAGs, some decent aging veterans, a handful of young "projects", and only one bonafide outstanding young veteran -- Tre White.  I'd call that a serious lack of talent to try and compete with the likes of the Pats, Rams, Saints, Chiefs, Cowboys, Packers etc.

14 minutes ago, Buffbills123 said:

Bills problem in a nutshell (for years):

They don’t have a competent NFL quarterback. 

They also don't have a competent FO or coaching staff which is why they don't have a competent NFL quarterback.

15 minutes ago, SoTier said:

They also don't have a competent FO or coaching staff which is why they don't have a competent NFL quarterback.

If only the archives went back far enough.  Insert this exact same narrative for:

Tyrod Taylor, EJ, Fitz, Trent, Bledsoe. 

It’s rinse and repeat. 

Fan base starts to become worrisome over state of team given poor QB play - results in blame of OC, front office, HC, personnel, etc.

Self realization later comes to fruition that it was the QB holding the team back all along. 

Should be in medical textbooks. 

Edited by Buffbills123
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Johnnycage46 said:

The Chiefs lost at Tennessee today.  Just sayin.  The Colts lost at home to the Dolphins today.

Just Sayin.  The Falcons won at the Saints today.  Just sayin.  Stuff happens.  Just sayin.

those are outlier results.  The Bills have basically been playing the same all season and it is catching up to them.  The offense is terrible in terms of its  play calling and QB play. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Seven-N-Nine said:

This is McDermott's coaching style, it's why he rarely has any blowout wins and has too many blowout losses all the while only beating bad teams. He's a play not to lose coach. Play to not lose teams never win anything meaningful.

I agree - but - I think he knows that the team has very average talent.

1 hour ago, Chill said:

Play Jauron ball and most games will be tight.  We have to get the bounces and calls to succeed, which we usually do not. 

Margin of error is too tight to be consistently successful. We need a coaching change. 

I said over and over that Sean is Dick Jauron JR and plays too conservative on both sides of the ball,  after taking the lead they should have shown heavy dose of blitzing.  We have to last or near the bottom of league in getting turnovers.  Want to help your QB then start getting more turnovers and giving him good field position.

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

Or anybody on defense that can lay the lumber.   They're all drag down defenders...

I want say this as politely as I can. Leave the defense alone. Anyone complaining about our defense needs to get a grip. It's not perfect, but consider the following:

Points against per game:  16.66

Points scored per game:   19.33

We've given up 20 or more points only twice this season. TWICE.

We've held 2 teams to single digits scoring.

We've SCORED LESS than 15 points 3 times.

We've had games of 10, 13, 14, 16 and 17 POINTS SCORED this year. 

Please leave the defense out of this. And before anyone says the defense is doing this against a soft schedule, tell it to the offense. They're playing that same soft schedule.

1 hour ago, FUTURIST said:

The Bills are not very talented.  That is their problem in a nutshell.  

That’s pretty much it, especially on offense.  Zero playmakers in a playmaker league.  They have to scrap for every point and if one or two things go wrong—like missed FG or two—it’s a L. Oh, and it’s boring as hell.

Edited by mannc

19 minutes ago, Dopey said:

I want say this as politely as I can. Leave the defense alone. Anyone complaining about our defense needs to get a grip. It's not perfect, but consider the following:

Points against per game:  16.66

Points scored per game:   19.33

We've given up 20 or more points only twice this season. TWICE.

We've held 2 teams to single digits scoring.

We've SCORED LESS than 15 points 3 times.

We've had games of 10, 13, 14, 16 and 17 POINTS SCORED this year. 

Please leave the defense out of this. And before anyone says the defense is doing this against a soft schedule, tell it to the offense. They're playing that same soft schedule.

I agree no one else seems to see this the d is fine and the offense is garbage 

1 hour ago, Buffbills123 said:

19 points today. That’s a job well done. 

Football is a violent game.    Intimidation and exerting your will on an opponent is an important part of that game.    

I'd like to see some anger from this team...