Devin Singletary (highlights)

HOUSE

1 hour ago, FiftyPercent said:

Yeah, he needs to be the feature back from now on.  Gore is a cool story but lets be real here.

I think you will find a completely different offense from this game forward.  Give it a little more time guys

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, FiftyPercent said:

Yeah, he needs to be the feature back from now on.  Gore is a cool story but lets be real here.

I don’t disagree that Singletary needs touches, but Gore has had some really good games. I think a balance would be good, and fees the hot hand.

• Like (+1) 5

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I don’t disagree that Singletary needs touches, but Gore has had some really good games. I think a balance would be good, and fees the hot hand.

Gore needs to spell Singletary only, he should not be part of the game plan going forward I feel.

Just now, whatdrought said:

When Singletary is in the game, there’s just a different energy.  He’s a legit, top of the line playmaker at the RB position.  So glad we are finally making him the feature back. 

Gore is fine as the rotational back, but we need to do better at disguising the offense when he’s in the game.  It seemed like, even when run heavy, the offense was unpredictable with Singletary in the game.   Then Gore comes in and it’s power run, power run, power run...  

Heaven help me when we brought Gore in and sent him out wide.  It worked so I’ll hold my tongue but mannnn.... haha

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, FiftyPercent said:

Gore needs to spell Singletary only, he should not be part of the game plan going forward I feel.

He’s averaging 4.1 yards a carry on the season and is a completely different kind of runner. He still has a place on the offense. 

• Like (+1) 3

14 minutes ago, atlbillsfan1975 said:

loved the screen play. That initial burst allowed the big gain to happen. Let’s hope this becomes another play and that Daboll adds a wrinkle to it.

Three o-lineman in front with no one there to block initially.  Then they look for work and Feliciano finds his about 50 yards down field.  They will have fun watching that one when they do their video review today.

1 minute ago, JESSEFEFFER said:

Three o-lineman in front with no one there to block initially.  Then they look for work and Feliciano finds his about 50 yards down field.  They will have fun watching that one when they do their video review today.

A slower back, not naming names, might not get away from the lineman trailing the play. 

13 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

He’s averaging 4.1 yards a carry on the season and is a completely different kind of runner. He still has a place on the offense. 

I think a move to full on Singletary is what the Bills need to wake up this offense, they just need to score more damn points. It's not that I don't like Gore, but I think featuring him is the wrong move by the coaching staff.

4 minutes ago, FiftyPercent said:

I think a move to full on Singletary is what the Bills need to wake up this offense, they just need to score more damn points. It's not that I don't like Gore, but I think featuring him is the wrong move by the coaching staff.

Im fine with not featuring him. It’s really about what the other team does. Some games they’re gonna sell out to stop gore, and Singletary is going to look great, other times they’re gonna sell out to stop Singletary and the physical pounding of gore will be useful. I like having the variety there. We can be dynamic on offense, we just need to get out of our own way.

• Like (+1) 3

Watching this highlight reel I realized we got lineman that are good at pass blocking and getting into space but not power rushing. I think(hope) Daboll is slowly working the game plan to benefit the lines strengths. Because we can not plow at the point of attack.

2 minutes ago, pop gun said:

I said Motor needs 25 touches a game the week he came back and got laughed a here. That kid is good Barry Sanderesque good with his vision and moves. Looks like Dumbell heard me. 

It would have happened a lot sooner if not for the hamstring injury. I'll give the coaching staff the benefit of the doubt and assume they were being cautious, knowing they need Motor for the second half of the season. 

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, FiftyPercent said:

I think this would land Singletary on the shelf again. Let Gore get the tough inside the tackle runs or maybe go two back once in a while and alternate between them. Gore has made a career of getting tough yards after contact. That's his job here and if Dumbo was smart he'd play them both 70/30 Devin and Frank.

6 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Freakin gore.... I’m sure he may have felt some slight disappointment that this may have been a changing of the guard type of game and he still takes the time to make sure the youngster still gets a valuable meet with another legend. 

What a guy. What a teammate. 

Edited by Stank_Nasty
  • Like (+1) 1

12 hours ago, pop gun said:

I said Motor needs 25 touches a game the week he came back and got laughed a here. That kid is good Barry Sanderesque good with his vision and moves. Looks like Dumbell heard me. 

He’s also the kind of RB that gets better the more you feed him. When you watch his college tape they give Singletary a ton of carries and he gets stronger in the 2nd half. He seems to be able to feel out the speed of a defense the more carries he gets. Gore should only run the football when Singletary needs a breather.

• Like (+1) 1