Week 10: Bills at Browns

YoloinOhio

13 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well that makes one person, Cody

Hoping this means a balanced  dose of running "under" Garrett to slow down that rush. 

I like both Ford and Nsekhe in our run game as they can both move people, it is their ability to hang with speed rushers and protect Allen that usually gets me nervous when we sell out "pass" on a play.

59 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I really have no idea how this one is gonna go so I won’t be making a prediction, but I’ll say this: if the Bills can’t go win a game like this I have a hard time seeing them winning a playoff game this year.  This game seems like that kind of test.  They’ll make the playoffs, I expect, but I’m hoping the ceiling is a bit bigger than that this year.

I think that if they lose this game and Pittsburgh beats the Rams, the odds for the Bills making the playoffs get a little more worrisome. Too many non-division winning teams will have a pathway to 10-6: Indy, Oakland (I was bummed they won last night; it was bad for the Bills), Pittsburgh, and Buffalo. Only two will get in. If Buffalo loses to Cleveland, they're facing three more games that they are more likely to lose than win: Baltimore, Pittsburgh (where they haven't won since 1975), and NE. 

Oakland has a very easy schedule: games against the Bengals, the Jets, Denver, TN at home, Jax at home, LAC on the road, and KC. 

The Colts have to face Miami, Jax twice, the Bucs, the Panthers, TN, the Texans, and the Saints.  That's a pretty tough road. 

Pitt faces Cleveland twice, Baltimore, Cincy, the Bills, the Rams, the Jets, and AZ.  

It's going to be interesting, but the bottom line is that this one of the games that the Bills need to win. If they do, their chances of making go way, way up. 

1 hour ago, Logic said:

Nah.

To conclude that, one would have to be looking ONLY at the two teams' records. A more in depth look shows that the Bills have likely been playing a bit above their talent level in terms of win total, while the Browns are under-performing, but have a supremely talented roster.

In my mind, losing an away game against a desperate opponent that has OBJ, Jarvis Landry, Nick Chubb, Kareem Hunt, Baker Mayfield, Myles Garrett, and Denzel Ward would not be a surprise at all. In fact, I'm expecting it. 

You're expecting the Bills to lose this game? Really? Seems they play pretty well on the road. I definitely don't "expect" them to lose this game, however I do expect another one of those closer games than some may think.

But I definitely don't "expect" the Bills to lose to the Browns. If it happens then it happens, but expecting it, come on man!

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, iinii said:

Betting nugget: This is the seventh time in the past 25 seasons that a team with a .250 or lower winning percentage is favored over a team with a .750 or better winning percentage in Week 6 or later. The favorite is 6-0 ATS in the previous six games. And it's just the third time in the Super Bowl era it's happened in Week 10 or later (2-0 ATS previously). Read more.

Don’t call me Shirley but this streak should come to an end......

3 hours ago, Gugny said:

This game scares the crap out of me.

The Bills can win by 1 or 2 points and still lose against the spread.....just saying.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

well at least James Jones is consistent this season.... picks bills to get blown out by 21. While Deangelo Hall picks Mayfield to torch our pass D. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001074363/article/week-10-bold-predictions-richard-sherman-picks-russell-wilson-twice

Is anyone out there picking the Bills? I haven’t seen anyone. 

The Browns are more talented than their record, and they will be desperate. Desperate teams always scare me regardless of record. 

If we lose this game to the 2-6 Browns, this board will resemble Chernobyl. But it’s still only one game, with almost half the season to go. I won’t get too high over a good win, or too low over a bad loss. It’s the NFL, stuff happens.  I’ll just wait and see how it turns out. What else can I do? 

Edited by Augie
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Augie said:

The Browns are more talented than their record, and they will be desperate. Desperate teams always scare me regardless of record. 

If we lose this game to the 2-6 Browns, this board will resemble Chernobyl. But it’s still only one game, with almost half the season to go. I won’t get too high over a good win, or too low over a bad loss. It’s the NFL, stuff happens.  I’ll just wait and see how it turns out. What else can I do? 

The whole "desperate team" thing bit me in the a$$ a couple of weeks ago when I underestimated the Eagles, but the Browns are not the Eagles.  The Eagles have a recent winning tradition and a SB-winning head coach.  The Browns have a bunch of "talented" guys who haven't won anything and an aww-shucks head coach who is in over his head.

If Buffalo plays a solid road game (no turnovers, limit penalties) they should be in good shape.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, eball said:

The whole "desperate team" thing bit me in the a$$ a couple of weeks ago when I underestimated the Eagles, but the Browns are not the Eagles.  The Eagles have a recent winning tradition and a SB-winning head coach.  The Browns have a bunch of "talented" guys who haven't won anything and an aww-shucks head coach who is in over his head.

If Buffalo plays a solid road game (no turnovers, limit penalties) they should be in good shape.

Don’t mess with my method of setting expectations. I know we CAN win, but this approach is important to maintaining my mental health. There are also plenty of ways to lose. I’ll be nervous until we get another one in the “W” column. If that doesn’t happen, I’ll just stay away from here for a while, but not lose my mind over a game in which I did not even participate.   ?

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Is anyone out there picking the Bills? I haven’t seen anyone. 

i'm not even saying this because i'm a fan of the team in this particular instance. I just honestly cant ever remember a team with a record like ours being just completely sluffed off like this. I mean even before last nights game, when the raiders were 4-4 the media had been stroking them for a month now. its really odd.... I think peoples minds are just so made up on the bills sucking year in and year out they cant even register the right thoughts or words to come out right if that's actually not the case anymore. if the bills make the playoffs for the 2nd time in 3 years they will no longer be the easy joke/low hanging fruit and I think the average fan and media presence is just so lazy that they hate the idea of having to find other crappy jokes to make up about other crappy teams.

Edited by Stank_Nasty

47 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Hoping this means a balanced  dose of running "under" Garrett to slow down that rush. 

I like both Ford and Nsekhe in our run game as they can both move people, it is their ability to hang with speed rushers and protect Allen that usually gets me nervous when we sell out "pass" on a play.

Play 'em both.

Put Nsekhe out there as your 6th OLman instead of playing Lee Smith.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Play 'em both.

Put Nsekhe out there as your 6th OLman instead of playing Lee Smith.

Smith plays hard with attitude, but has been a yellow hanky magnet.

Think he's been losing some reps to Kroft now that the foot issues are in the rear view (fingers crossed).

10 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

On NFL network game preview, 1 of the 3 picked us.

Clowns are #30 in run defense. Feed Singletary.  Give Gore some.carries too. DiMarco even.

Keep Baker and Chubb on sidelines cooling heals.  Keep OBJ by his punter net.

If Browns sellout for the run by putting more in the box, then Josh HAS to take advantage of their 2-3 weak safeties. Now that Vernon is OUT, this now is a very favorable matchup for Buffalo. 

Get a lead early and this Defense will do what it does best, defend the pass.

Plus scoring early & often could elicit some boos and Browns lose their cool.

Edited by r00tabaga
  • Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, reddogblitz said:

On NFL network game preview, 1 of the 3 picked us.

Clowns are #30 in run defense. Feed Singletary.  Give Gore some.carries too. DiMarco even.

Keep Baker and Chubb on sidelines cooling heals.  Keep OBJ by his punter net.

NFL PICKS: WEEK 10

cbs - 5 of 8 pick buffalo.

CBSSPORTS.COM

pickwatch - 15 of 22 pick buffalo.

nflpickwatch

espn - 8 of 10 pick buffalo.

espn nfl/picks

sbnation - 6 of 10 pick buffalo.

sbnation

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2