Is Tremaine Edmunds the answer at MLB?

KOKO NFL

I've heard all the talk that our second year MLB is a physical freak with size and speed. My eyes, however, tell me he's not tough or instinctive enough to be a good MLB, let alone a great one. IMO Beane and McDermott need to take a serious look at this position in the off season and upgrade. Perhaps Edmonds is better suited for OLB? Fans can speculate but only the coaching staff can make an educated guess. So... is Tremaine Edmunds the answer at MLB?

• Like (+1) 5

2 minutes ago, BillsFan692 said:

Edmunds is up and down like allen, some gays he is whipping around clicking on all cylinders, other games he is missing horribly and it shows on the TV (like today).

I know losing sucks, but isn't this a little extreme? ?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 10

Edmunds was consistently bad against the run today. He flashed on one play. Outside of that, he was consistently catching blocks and  trailing plays. Teams are running right at him, and he isn't stopping anyone in their tracks. 

Why does he play so close to the LOS? I'd like to see them back him up a yard and allow his speed to make up for his lack of physicality.

Edited by EmotionallyUnstable
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Edmunds is not a pound inside MLB.  He's an athlete, not a pounder.  He'll make plays on the ball carrier, not so much to engage blockers.  We need our tackles to tie up multiple blockers to allow him to run and chase.  That did not happen against the Eagles which have a very good O-line.

In time I believe he'll get better at disengaging a blocker, but he's not there yet.  This year he's better at reading plays.  Being so young, he is still learning on a pro football field.  Some of his flaws would have been worked out in college, but I'm glad he came out early and that we were the team that benefits.

Edited by familykwi
reply to other thread was added here inexplicably
  • Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

When your d line gets their ass kicked your MLB is going to be no factor....everyones. Do you think LB's disengage lineman read the play make the tackle ? They don't if O lineman are allowed to reach the second level your in trouble. Plain and simple the D line was dominated and Frazier and McD couldnt find and answer today.

My concern is not Edmunds its the d line with a huge financial investment being man handled all game

Secondary concern you had a 50 mph winds to help you - never said make him throw it consistently just allowed to be run over

your missing the problem its not the lbs

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, arcane said:

I don't even disagree with you

but my god you're so ***** annoying

This is an Edmunds thread

I totally disagree about Edmunds and Oliver.

This is the best sports league on the planet.  IT IS HARD to play NFL football.  Stop commenting as though rookies should all just come in and be dominant, hall-of-fame type talents immediately. 

McCaffery is playing unreal right now, but he didn't start his career that way.  Mahomes sat a year behind Alex friggin Smith. 

I know how hard this is, but please, for the love of God, have a little perspective.

• Like (+1) 2