Is Tremaine Edmunds the answer at MLB?

KOKO NFL

Just now, Ethan in Portland said:

The answer is we don't know.  He is still younger than many of the guys that will be drafted next year.  We will know by this time next year.  

McD screwed up in keeping Lorax and not getting a true back-MLB.  If they had a better back-up at MLB, they coudl give Edmunds a few snaps a game at OLB.  

As much as I love Lorax he is old. Players thst age play second string. 

19 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

No and Ed Oliver isn't the answer at DT either.

Ed Oliver is 21 years old and basically learning a new position.

Tremaine Edmunds is 21 years old and already running the defense.

I can't believe you're giving up on these guys already. Quitters will be quitters though.

Patriots bandwagon is still open, buddy.

• Like (+1) 8

10 minutes ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

Edmunds was consistently bad against the run today. He flashed on one play. Outside of that, he was consistently catching blocks and  trailing plays. Teams are running right at him, and he isn't stopping anyone in their tracks. 

Why does he play so close to the LOS? I'd like to see them back him up a yard and allow his speed to make up for his lack of physicality.

I don't know...some of it has to do with the play of the D line which was pretty bad 2 weeks in a row.

15 minutes ago, Rigotz said:

Ed Oliver is 21 years old and basically learning a new position.

Tremaine Edmunds is 21 years old and already running the defense.

I can't believe you're giving up on these guys already. Quitters will be quitters though.

Patriots bandwagon is still open, buddy.

:Lol:

He has more good games than bad ones and he’s still very young so I am ok w Edmunds. He can be a force, just needs to put more consistency in his game

1 minute ago, Chill said:

Tremaine is similar to Zay Jones. A ton of potential, he just has to get straight in the head. It’s the mental aspect that is struggling. 

Nothing like Jones imo

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, ScottLaw said:

He's had several bad games. This wasn't the first. It's concerning. 

And he’s had several good ones.

You’re doing your normal thing, only showing up game day after a loss.  That’s more sad than how the Bills played today.

1 minute ago, Bangarang said:

I still think he’s probably best suited for SLB. 

His size and range sets him up to cover well.  He still needs experience reading run plays but needs to step up more there.  It would help if linemen can’t get to the second level so easily.

The entire front 7 was bad in run defense today.  Their O line killed our D line and vice versa.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think the OP's main issue/concern is with McD's defensive scheme.  The DTs can't be handled like they did, otherwise you get what was seen today, which was the MLB being largely ineffective.  Part of that is Edmunds still not completely capable as a run stopper and another part of that is Edmunds not certain of the defensive scheme.

The DT's play a larger part in run stopping than the MLB in this defense.

Edited by Happy Gilmore
  • Awesome! (+1) 1