Gameday Thread Eagles @Bills 2nd Half

Chandler#81

The turnover bug finally caught up with us. That changed everything it happen at the worst possible time. Changed the momentum of game completely..and the miss fg(bad weather) right before the half. We gave a dying good but desperate team life...we are still a young team but they still need to go to the playoffs even if they were to lose the first game they need the experience. So when we do have a complete team we can do real postseason damage

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Johnnycage46 said:

Right now.

It’s not just that, rushing 4 in 3rd down is killing us. Zero adjustments made.  Coaching lost us this game, not the players.  Just awful all the way around.  Offensive and defensive game plays were trash. 

• Like (+1) 1

38 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Problem is that in McD's defensive scheme, the MLB is not a typical run stopping thumper.  He's supposed to cover the middle for short route passes.  The D-line is supposed to stop the run, MLB just assists and finishes up.

I think that is his primary role, but our interior run D exposes him a lot. I think our defense is pretty aligned to how we need to play a team like NE with those shallow routes and picks. 

Got to take a deep breath, I get too worked up and I think I am pretty pissed at Dabol right now and the play calls with the conditions. He seems immune to on-field conditions. Will just leave it there.

Edited by WideNine
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, HalftimeAdjustment said:

Well, we get to play Washington. That should make us look better.

This team (and I really should say we, the fanbase) shouldn't be overlooking ANY opponent.  What makes you think they'll walk the dog against the Redskins?  They play to the level of the opponent, without fail.

This was a good game but a few bad decisions and bad execution are going to be the undoing.  The Eagles aren't the powerhouse they were but they're closer to fundamentally sound and they have a better overall roster and coaching.  Tip of the hat to them... they were backed into a corner after last week's loss to Dallas and they came out and played a better game.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1