Josh Allen fined for throwing ball into stands

YoloinOhio

55 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Well, that's what he SAID.  But given that he hesitated and looked off to his PR handler, then cracked a little grin when he said it, um...

....I think he was trying to throw it out of the stadium.

No, Im talikng back in September when the whole Patrick M vs Josh Allen talk was going on. He was enquiring as to the fees for throwing it out. Also, he stopped his throwing motion . If he was going for the parking lot he would have followed through.

12 minutes ago, Augie said:

Regular players flip balls into the stands all the time. Josh is not regular, for him that was just a flip.

But seriously, wouldn’t you stay behind late one day and see if you CAN jack it out of the stadium? 

For those who complain about his accuracy, he had the entire planet to hit. All Of Earth! There was only one little speck to miss, New Era Field.....and he missed the rest of the planet! I’m deeply concerned going forward. 

I'd be pretty surprised if he hadn't done so at one or another point.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, fansince88 said:

No he wasn't.  He actually pulled back and said he threw it to the crowd that was cheering the best.

I think the fine for throwing it out of the stadium is 10k. He said he asked around.

I believe he made a comment on that in the interview along with Jim Kelly.   I believe it doesn't cost them anything if they hand over the ball to the kid. 

Edited by ganesh

6 minutes ago, ganesh said:

I believe he made a comment on that in the interview along with Jim Kelly.   I believe it doesn't cost them anything if they hand over the ball to the kid. 

You believe correctly! He discussed this very thing with Jim and the intent of the large fine is to keep people in the stands who aren’t looking from getting bonked in the head a’la a baseball game. Handing a ball to a fan is completely fine. 

The video is from not too long ago when they were chatting about celebrations. It was posted here. 

Edited by TroutDog

1 hour ago, JimKellyTryouts said:

Players give people in the stands (front rows) footballs all the time; technically there's no difference...smh

Not that I agree with the fine (at all), but this could injure a fan if that rocket hit a kid or someone in the face. Not the same thing. But still No Fun League. I'm a insurance underwriter, so that's kind of where my mind goes on these things.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Bubba Gump said:

Waaa, we lost a $30 football. Let's charge him $7,000. League is a ***** joke. 

They cost a couple hundred bucks I think. He was probably fined for the action, not because he lost a ball.

3 hours ago, freddyjj said:

I want to note for the "can't complete the long bomb" crowd that this throw was completed.  To a Bills Fan to boot!

Lol if only he had thousands of receivers grouped together in all directions, he may be able to complete one of those on the field!

• Haha (+1) 1