The missing offensive weapon is TE

Frez

It's pretty obvious when you really think about it to what this Bills offense is missing. 

A field stretching pass catching TE. 

Knox and Sweeney are yet to step up and take that part. Until we plug in that missing piece I'm afraid this offense will struggle. I'm hoping Knox will play the part this coming week vs the Eagles. 

• Like (+1) 2

It ain’t for lack of trying.  With Sweeney, Knox, along with Lee, Kroft and Duke (who isn’t a tight end but he’s pretty big) the attempt to find that guy is pretty clear.   It’s a shame that Allen hasn’t built an on-field rapport with any of them yet, but I have faith that he will. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Let Kroft get acclimated and Knox hopefully will settle down and make the easy catches like he makes the difficult ones. 

Kroft really is the best all around TE on the roster when healthy. It appears he is healthy now and hopefully get some worked into the game plan more this week and moving forward. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, atlbillsfan1975 said:

Let Kroft get acclimated and Knox hopefully will settle down and make the easy catches like he makes the difficult ones. 

Kroft really is the best all around TE on the roster when healthy. It appears he is healthy now and hopefully get some worked into the game plan more this week and moving forward. 

Actually, Knox is a beast blocker already.

He just needs to hold onto the ball. Hopefully that will come.

6 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

They need to work on Knox's hands. They target the kid a lot, just has lapses in concentration. Five drops already is bad!

I think he’ll get past that, and the good will outweigh the bad. I’m excited to see more of him. 

31 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Knox will be that guy.

when he actually starts catching passes that bounce off his hands and chest

26 minutes ago, BurpleBull said:

Missing offensive weapon is last year's Robert Foster; there wouldn't be all this discussion to trade for a receiver if that Robert Foster was in the mix.

wtf happened to him... he just disappeared

• Like (+1) 1

50 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

It ain’t for lack of trying.  With Sweeney, Knox, along with Lee, Kroft and Duke (who isn’t a tight end but he’s pretty big) the attempt to find that guy is pretty clear.   It’s a shame that Allen hasn’t built an on-field rapport with any of them yet, but I have faith that he will. 

Lee as in Lee Smith? He doesn’t belong on that list. You aren’t signing that guy to be a threat in the passing game.

Edited by Bangarang
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

57 minutes ago, Frez said:

It's pretty obvious when you really think about it to what this Bills offense is missing. 

Knox and Sweeney are yet to step up and take that part. Until we plug in that missing piece I'm afraid this offense will struggle. I'm hoping Knox will play the part this coming week vs the Eagles. 

I’m thinking Foster or similar opposite John Brown to fully stretch the opposing D, with Beasley and Williams underneath, it then becomes a pick your poison sort of thing as to who and if you can double anyone of them, just a thought...

Go Bills!!!

Edited by Don Otreply

58 minutes ago, Frez said:

They also have Kroft. 

if you want a real “burner” type pure pass-catching TE, well that’s something to wish for but it ain’t appearing this season.

45 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

Knox will be that guy.

You should go teach him how to hold on to the ball then.

Miami is having a fire sale down there - Gesicki did not look too shabby - seriously though pretty sure he is not going anywhere.

It is a bit early to give up on Knox or Sweeney, but we do need those reliable hands and Daboll has schemed him open so many times for the drive-killing drop. He has made some great catches too, but needs to be a more consistent target.

He has a ways to go as a route runner too, but have to remember that Ol' Miss did not really have much of a passing tree for their TEs. 

20 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

In McD interview today he was asked about Foster.  McD said that its just game planning and that they are trying to put the best players on the field.  Foster must not be looking good in practice or something.

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

They need to work on Knox's hands. They target the kid a lot, just has lapses in concentration. Five drops already is bad!

At least 1 Service reports it as 6, which is the most drops in the league and that is with only 23 attempts. 

Think about that. 

12 catches, 6 drops + 5 other, meaning that he catches very catchable balls only 2 out of 3 times.

Add that to 3 penalties, Kroft being back and to me, it looks to be time to send him back to Phase 1 of the process.

Make him inactive and give Sweeney a swing at success.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

Groin injury apparently. Perhaps they're trying to nurse him back to 101% health, before letting him hit the field again.