Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

11 hours ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Please dear God Let It Be True!!!!! 

11 hours ago, HOUSE said:

Don't tease me...

Until he goes to the Jets or Dolphins and they become dominant like the Pats* have been. 

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

Peyton did have a prolific offense the previous 3 seasons including that record setting 2013 year. But in 2015 Peyton was broken down and at best a game manager who used his veteran smarts to compensate for a poor physical profile. He definitely got carried to that second ring. 

Not to mention that he was benched in favor of Brock Osweiler for a period of time furring that season and he won some games in place of Peyton. 

11 hours ago, FUTURIST said:

He plans on retiring with a 19-0 record and record 7 Super Bowl championships.  Right now it is a real possibility. That defense is unbelievable and their offense is going to just keep improving.  Hard to see anyone, maybe with the exception of the Saints with their starting QB, beating the Pats.  You can't score on them and their offense will always put up the points they need to win.

Sadly, I agree

8 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Oh, Yeah.  Like maybe WR who aren't on the verge of checking into the Geriatrics unit, an OL .... little pieces like that.

It's just that going for an aging QB who has won Superbowl(s) seems to be Elway's MO

8 hours ago, Figster said:

Seems to be the only winning formula John Elway has been able to find at the QB position.

So yes siree bob, Elway would show some interest...

...in my humble opinion...

Agree Elway would show interest, but why would Brady want to go into that situation where not likely to win in the next couple of years.

29 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Agree Elway would show interest, but why would Brady want to go into that situation where not likely to win in the next couple of years.

Because Denver offers the best trade and Brady can go along with it as one last gesture to help the team.

Or retire...

3 minutes ago, Figster said:

Because Denver offers the best trade and Brady can go along with it as one last gesture to help the team.

Or retire...

Does he have a contract after this season ends?  From what I'm reading that'd rather debatable,  likely would become a FA unless he agrees to extend in NE.

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Ed_Formerly_of_Roch said:

Does he have a contract after this season ends?  From what I'm reading that'd rather debatable,  likely would become a FA unless he agrees to extend in NE.

IIRC, Brady is on a year by year contract, nothing long term.  I'm not so sure he'll play anywhere else next year; I can see him retiring a Patriot and making a ton of money during special Patriot event appearances for/with Kraft.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, The Jokeman said:

He could be another Romo in the booth if he wanted. 

Brady comes across as having absolutely nothing like the fun, likable personality that Tony Romo has.

Sure Brady would know what he's looking at could probably intelligently communicate that to fans, but he wouldn't be close to Romo!  Can you tell I really like Tony Romo!?  

Always disliked him as a player, but never really knew the real Romo.  He comes across as an extremely likable guy.

16 hours ago, Beef on Weck said:

It would be interesting if he went to another team to help answer the question: Is it Brady or is it Belichick's system

I think that's at the heart of these two (uber successful) egotists -- they both want to prove that THEY are the reason for the Pats dynasty. Belichick was apparently ready to do it a couple years ago with Jimmy G. but Kraft stopped him. Neither one can rest until he proves his point.

17 hours ago, aristocrat said:

he would get murdered on a different team. tom always has the top defenses and the offensive system that helps.

That's not true. Brady gets the ball out super fast or he throws it away. He doesn't take hits.

And the Patriots have not always had a to defense. There have been years where they have been quite porous.

20 hours ago, ALLEN1QB said:

Send him to the Dolphins if you can take them to the Super Bowl then I will say he truly is the greatest

no WAY is he going there, team is at rock bottom. He is going to look for a solid franchise. I could see Jacksonville. Would have been the colts but Brisett is doing well there.

Piggy backing off of YOLO's thread about Tom playing else where . Where do you think he will go if he leaves the Patriots??

Im going with Jacksonville because they have a good defense and some offense weapons and dont think Coughlin is sold on Minshew as a permanent starter and would love a proven winner.

Edited by Buffalo Barbarian

I just don't see any way but if I had to pkay along I see only 4 possibilities, all of them remote:

Bears- they have a team and a need but I don't see what is in it for him....no connection there.  Maybe the Rodgers in the division challenge?

Raiders - I don't think the team is good enough but a brand new city brings lots of marketing opportunities

Denver - Meh.  Barely makes the already iffy list

SF - only in some weird trade scenario with Jimmy back in NE