Schefter believes Brady is setting up to leave the Pats next year

YoloinOhio

In reality, he is two flukey Eli Manning passes from working on his 9th championship this year... and if the Pats do what everybody thinks, it will be his 10th SuperBowl appearance... Think about just how close the Pats were to going a perfect 9 for 9 in those Super Bowls.

Either way, 6 rings, 9 appearances,  both Belichick and Brady are the greatest to ever do it at their respective positions, they just happen to be on the same team for two decades.

Edited by Dr.Mantis_Toboggan
  • Like (+1) 2

29 minutes ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

Schefter: Brady staying in New England is least likely option

sorry   I cant copy the hyperlink from ESPN

I'm not sure why most people think its out of the question for Tom Brady ro play somewhere else. I seriously doubt Brady is afraid of losing and If Ryan Fitzpatrick can fire up a winless team enough to almost beat Buffalo. What kind of impact will Brady have?

On any team... 

8 hours ago, Dr.Mantis_Toboggan said:

In reality, he is two flukey Eli Manning passes from working on his 9th championship this year... and if the Pats do what everybody thinks, it will be his 10th SuperBowl appearance... Think about just how close the Pats were to going a perfect 9 for 9 in those Super Bowls.

Either way, 6 rings, 9 appearances,  both Belichick and Brady are the greatest to ever do it at their respective positions, they just happen to be on the same team for two decades.

:)Nope, I’m not bitter at all.
giphy.gif

Edited by NoHuddleKelly12
  • Haha (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, Figster said:

I'm not sure why most people think its out of the question for Tom Brady ro play somewhere else. I seriously doubt Brady is afraid of losing and If Ryan Fitzpatrick can fire up a winless team enough to almost beat Buffalo. What kind of impact will Brady have?

On any team... 

IMO.. Its about EGO with Brady and I just don't see his ego allowing him to go to a losing team 

Tainted Tom wants to hold ALL the records he can and then retire.  He already holds many of them.  A 7th SB ring will break the record and guarantee it

What other legit competitor needs a QB "worthy" of Tom??

Edited by SlimShady'sGhost
  • Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

IMO.. Its about EGO with Brady and I just don't see his ego allowing him to go to a losing team 

Tainted Tom wants to hold ALL the records he can and then retire.  He already holds may of them.  A 7th SB ring will break the record and guarantee it

What other legit competitor needs a QB "worthy" of Tom??

As Yolo suggested, the Bears are a good QB away from possibly winning a Championship.

On 10/22/2019 at 6:54 AM, Beef on Weck said:

It would be interesting if he went to another team to help answer the question: Is it Brady or is it Belichick's system

True, It would go a long way in helping me to figure out where to direct my hatred.

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, SlimShady'sGhost said:

I heard rumors that the Bears might be a good fit for Cam.  

I guess it comes down to ownership.  Do you want a Tom band aid or a proper fix?  

Newtons body might be in worse shape then Brady's

• Like (+1) 2

I don’t see where he’d go. I think if he wins another, he’ll have set himself up to retire nicely. Show Belichick that Brady himself was more the reason they won as opposed to the coaching. 

But i I still don’t see him actually retiring. He’s ridiculous. Iwhat he’s done is truly amazing 

Edited by Dkollidas

some of the history on the contract 

https://www.nbcsports.com/boston/patriots/why-tom-bradys-new-contract-makes-him-free-agent-next-year-report

As Rapoport notes, the final two years of Brady's contract -- 2020 and 2021 -- will actually void after this season, and because the Patriots can't place a $32.5 million franchise tag on him, he'll become a free agent.

But why would the Patriots allow him to walk? They don't have a QB to turn to. That would be a huge gamble.

More likely the Pats work out another extension with Brady that keeps him on for another year or two. They've been doing this extension dance with him for years.

• Thank you (+1) 1

With the good possibility of Brady leaving NE next season, what are some landing spots for him?   

Does he remain in the division?   The conference? 

I for one believe there is one question remaining in Brady's legacy.  Is it Brady's skill or Belichicks intellect that have created a dynasty?   I think Brady seeks to answer that question in the next two years. 

Best landing spot in my opinion, is Minnesota Vikings.   They are stacked with weapons and could immediately push for a SB with Brady at the helm. 

What are your thoughts? 

What if the speculation that Brady’s ego to prove that he can do it with BB is true? What better landing spot to do it than Buffalo, and play BB twice? 

Would you be willing to sit Josh for a year and learn behind the GOAT for a better shot at a Championship? 

10 minutes ago, TwistofFate said:

With the good possibility of Brady leaving NE next season, what are some landing spots for him?   

I for one believe there is one question remaining in Brady's legacy.  Is it Brady's skill or Belichicks intellect that have created a dynasty?   I think Brady seeks to answer that question in the next two years. 

Best landing spot in my opinion, is Minnesota Vikings.   They are stacked with weapons and could immediately push for a SB with Brady at the helm. 

What are your thoughts? 

Wouldn't surprise me if Elway made a run like he did with Manning. 

8 hours ago, TwistofFate said:

What are your thoughts? 

Belicheat has won w/o Brady multiple times.  He did it with Meh Cassel.  Matt freaking Cassel and 11 W's IIRC, Jimmy G and Jacoby B 3 plus games 

11 hours ago, Mango said:

What if the speculation that Brady’s ego to prove that he can do it with BB is true? What better landing spot to do it than Buffalo, and play BB twice? 

Would you be willing to sit Josh for a year and learn behind the GOAT for a better shot at a Championship? 

Ummm, NO