Sign in to follow this  
YoloinOhio

Mariota officially benched in Tennessee

well that should fix everything 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 10

So he'll fetch less in a trade. Make it so Beane. 

• Meh 1
  • Confused 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

If you want to make a QB change to a guy who might suck even more than the predecessor, you should always do it vs the Chargers. 😳

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 16
  • Awesome! (+1) 3
  • Thanks! (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

If you want to make a QB change to a guy who might suck even more than the predecessor, you should always do it vs the Chargers. 😳

Tannehill will at least try to get the ball downfield.

Mariota was getting difficult to watch.  He used to be an exciting QB to watch.

Benched for Tannehill. Now that's a bad day. I never saw why people were so excited by Mariota. Wonder what Chip Kelly is thinking. That was his boy all the way.

Seems like forever ago when he began his career by throwing 4 TD passes in a game.

15 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well then, that’s a fine list of gentlemen who will get no pity from me! 

• Haha (+1) 1

Strange world when you have two former first-round pick QB on a team, with 10 years of starting experience between them -

- and the team can't be sure it has 1 decent QB

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 5

Tannehill is always good for an 8-8 season. As mediocre as they come. Hope he sticks around there. That will be one more team the Bills don't have to contend with.

7 minutes ago, Talley56 said:

Seems like forever ago when he began his career by throwing 4 TD passes in a game.

Did it twice that year.  Threw for over 300 yds per game twice that year too.

3 minutes ago, MJS said:

Tannehill is always good for an 8-8 season. As mediocre as they come. Hope he sticks around there. That will be one more team the Bills don't have to contend with.

I could be completely alone in this, but I don't think Tannehill was the problem in Miami.

• Like (+1) 2

Like Mariota isn’t the answer but Tannehill should never be the solution. Dude gets you no where.  He was like Brady to the Bills, only the exact opposite. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

As he should be, this is year five. Enough of us want to see the light go off as soon as year too. Let alone year three.

3 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

I could be completely alone in this, but I don't think Tannehill was the problem in Miami.

Not a problem, but never a solution either.

• Like (+1) 1

So is this going to be like a competition to see who gets to stay to be the mentor/backup to whoever they bring in.

Edited by Warcodered
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MJS said:

Not a problem, but never a solution either.

tieing threads together, but the Duke Williams quote in Wawrow's article seems a propos:

" "You can never take anything for granted because as soon as you do, that's how fast it can be taken away," Williams said. "It was all fun and games last week, but it's a business now, you know."

Tannehill, to me, falls into the class of "capable NFL QB" - guys who can play well enough to win if they've got a team around him, but who are never ever ever going to be mistaken for Russ Wilson, Drew Brees or Tom Brady.  But then - how many drafted QB ever do get mistaken for Wilson, Rodgers, Brees, or Brady?

Mariota was drafted with a lot of fanfare.  I'm not persuaded he ever has had a quality OC or QB coach - Jason Michael?  - but his play has fallen off for the last two seasons under Matt LeFleur and now Arthur Smith, so the writing's been on the wall.  See Duke quote above.

• Like (+1) 1

Tannehill will last about  one quarter before he gets injured

Edited by ALLEN1QB
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

So is this going to be like a competition to see who gets to stay to be the mentor/backup to whoever they bring in.

I don't know what they think they're doing, actually.

This is Vrabel's 2nd season.  He took over a 2x 9-7 team that had just lost the division round, and he was supposed to improve the team and take them to the next level.

They were 9-7 last year, which was fine for "first year with a new coach, learning my system"

Now they're 2-4 and 3rd in the AFC South and that's not gonna be regarded as good enough.  Certainly, "the guy you told me was Franchise, he's no good, I had to bench him and play the backup" makes a good excuse.

But whether they believe, with Tannehill, they can ride a strong defense to success and win while they look for a new guy, or whether they think he's good enough to ride with for a while, I don't know.  I guess we'll find out.

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

well that should fix everything 

This. Tannehill's worse, and a lot of the problem with Mariota is really a problem with the OL and the surrounding talent.

• Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1