Mayfield and Mahomes

vorpma

1 minute ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mayfield says the refs are never an excuse but they were pretty bad:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/13/baker-mayfield-officials-were-pretty-bad-today/

Sounds like making the refs an excuse to me!

Shut up, Baker

I didn't think it would be this quick but they are already starting to implode. Baker doesn't appear to be a fine loser.

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

I didn't think it would be this quick but they are already starting to implode. Baker doesn't appear to be a fine loser.

I don’t think any professional athlete is a good loser.

But as my grandfather used to say, “Even a fish wouldn’t get into trouble if it kept its mouth shut”

5 hours ago, vorpma said:

Since last year I have heard that Mayfield and Mahomes were the new Joe Montana and John Elway and Josh Allen a turnover machine! Looks like Josh is leading in the most important statistic - won loss record!! I also read constantly about the new NFL - pass crazy, showtime, arena football, scoreboards like a pinball machine.  Looks like the mighty KC offense and Andy Reid can get beat by ground and pound offense and great defense - how can this be?

Mahomes IS the KC team if not for him they be 2-4 right now

11 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He also said that he plays better when he's angry. The follow-up question was "Were you angry coming into today's game?" He then realized how stupid he sounded and made some remark about whether the press was being his therapist. He looked terrible again. 

He was the guy I wanted going into that draft but boy was I wrong. So happy to have Josh in every way. 

Edited by Sundancer

16 hours ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mayfield says the refs are never an excuse but they were pretty bad:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/10/13/baker-mayfield-officials-were-pretty-bad-today/

Sounds like making the refs an excuse to me!

Shut up, Baker

16 hours ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Yup.  Mayfield blaming his own/his team's crappy play on the refs.  Mayfield is also clearly forcing the ball to OJB.  This was so predictable it's not even funny.  If they finish the season with a losing record, social media should be fun in the off-season.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honest question: if Mayfield or Mahomes are the Bills qb, what’s our record? Any different? And you can never know but I bet we beat NE with Mahomes.

I take JA any day over Baker. 

Mahomes doesn't lose to NE with the Bills D behind him. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, GoBills808 said:

I bet we beat NE with Allen.

How much did you bet? Was it $5,000? Did you tell your wife???

The Pats* tend to play better later in the year, but I still think we can beat them at their place. That could be the moment that signals the changing of the guard! 

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Honest question: if Mayfield or Mahomes are the Bills qb, what’s our record? Any different? And you can never know but I bet we beat NE with Mahomes.

If our defense is exactly as good as it is now, then I’d be inclined to agree on Mahomes. Not with Mayfield ;at least not yet. 

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

How much did you bet? Was it $5,000? Did you tell your wife???

The Pats* tend to play better later in the year, but I still think we can beat them at their place. That could be the moment that signals the changing of the guard! 

Hey I also took the Bills and the points and we covered...it wasn't a total wash. The ML was too good to pass up.

...and I will probably do the same for the next game, and will probably similarly NOT tell the wife.

1 hour ago, EmotionallyUnstable said:

All this and everyone is subtly missing the fact that Lamar Jackson is the best QB of the 2018 first round “5”

(stirs pot) hehe 

Yep. This draft class has panned out pretty much exactly as I thought it would so far. 

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except he isnt

And I actually like Jackson and was a fan of him before the draft.

Right now it looks like Josh Allen is the best.

Lamar Jackson has a 10-3 win/loss record versus Josh Allen's 9-7

Lamar Jackson's career stats 2708 yards passing, 17 TD's 8 INTs, 91 Passer Rating, 1,155 yards rushing, 7 TD's

versus

Josh Allen's 3,196 yards passing, 15 TD's 19 INTs, 70.4 Passer Rating, 789 yards rushing, 11 TD's rushing

Josh Allen has him in a couple categories, but has started 3 more games, I'm not sure I would label Allen the best just yet. Highest ceiling? Sure I'll give you that, but not so much the best of the bunch yet

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Except he isnt

And I actually like Jackson and was a fan of him before the draft.

Right now it looks like Josh Allen is the best.

Lamar is a second tier MVP candidate right now. None of the others are remotely in the discussion.