Thurs. night football: Giants at Pats 8:20 ET (Fox, NFLN))

Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Jones.  Nah, Bills O in general played with more discipline.  Better D too.

The Bill's O that had 3 picks, 2 fumbles, and a blocked kick?  I mean we moved the ball a little better but mistakes vs the Pats always equals the same result.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Maine-iac said:

Jones or Allen?  I can't tell if this is the Bill's or Giants game anymore.

Actually Allen was taking deep shots and getting picked.  Both throws by Jones seemed worse IMO.

As an aside, shouldn't someone arrest NE for child abuse here?  Jones could have had 2 more INT's!

Bottom line though is that this game provides no special insight into whether Jones is the guy for the Giants.  This is what the Pats do to young QB's. 

1 minute ago, The Dean said:

I'm not saying this means anything, but against the Bills and tonight (and on a few other occasions when I glance toward the Pats* game), Brady has seen ordinary. I'm kicking myself for even typing that. But with plenty of time, I've seen him miss badly. Then again, could it be the WR?  Edelman?  

I guess I'm in the minority but to me he's been ordinary for years.  All he's done is make short timing passes in an offense that he's been in for 700 yrs - and of course benefit at least once a game from requisite phantom PI calls on his "long ball".  

Just now, Maine-iac said:

The Bill's O that had 3 picks, 2 fumbles, and a blocked kick?  I mean we moved the ball a little better but mistakes vs the Pats always equals the same result.

First of all, the Bills O did not kick, so they didn’t have a blocked kick.

Second, the Bills O “in general” did not have the 3 picks and the 2 fumbles.  2 of the picks and 1 of the fumbles were 100% on Allen.

If you’re watching you should know what I mean.  Giants O is not playing like a well-coached team.

5 minutes ago, Maine-iac said:

Don't kid yourselves.  Manning won the SB after getting benched half the season.  The way the Pat's defense is playing Brady doesn't have to do much.

They are good. No where near what that Denver D was. 

This is like watching the Bills game. The Giants are beating themselves. NE isn’t doing anything exotic. Oh and Brady is an average QB at best now.

1 minute ago, stevewin said:

I guess I'm in the minority but to me he's been ordinary for years.  All he's done is make short timing passes in an offense that he's been in for 700 yrs - and of course benefit at least once a game from requisite phantom PI calls on his "long ball".  

"once a game"...that's funny 

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Some idiot GM will save NE by trading them a top WR

Without one they ain't going anywhere

You mean like Josh Gordon?  Pats haven't thrown to traditional WR's in years.  Everything is rub plays and crossing routes or Gronk.  This year is going to be much different for them.

The Pats are winning, will win a lot, and could win the Super Bowl.

But Brady is what made them scary,  and they’re not scary anymore.  They’re just one of many teams we’ve seen over the years who were able to put together a great D for awhile.

Hey, it’s something.

• Like (+1) 1