Gronk Hired as Analyst

Virgil

51 minutes ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

What the hell is this meathead going to analyze?

can't be any worse than the marble-mouths or robot zombies that the ex-jocks are enacting

I'll be watching tomorrow night and wishing him the best

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

23 hours ago, K-9 said:

Well, the spectrum of the Moronic Scale ranges from Witten ( complete moron) to Gronk (moron). So the potential to fail is there. 

For someone everyone calls a moron, he was smart enough not to spend one penny of money he made from football.  He lived off of endorsement deals.. The Man is a big kid at heart but he is far from stupid. 

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

For someone everyone calls a moron, he was smart enough not to spend one penny of money he made from football.  He lived off of endorsement deals.. The Man is a big kid at heart but he is far from stupid. 

somewhat envy the family ties he has, would be tough to be the youngest getting pummeled al the time...

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, PatsFanNH said:

Nope, he’s a moron. 

But still well north of Witten on the Moronic Scale. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Gronk wasn’t as bad as I thought he’d be, wasn’t as good as he should be for that job either. More WWE than NFL imo. But maybe that’s what they want? 

I agree.   He is an awkward guy, kind of like a four year old who has candy right before bed.  However, compared to the going through the motion guys who bring absolutely nothing to a broadcast, and repeat the same tired garbage every week, I think he is watchable.   If nothing else you may get a nugget like saying Edleman gets the nut once and awhile.    Very surprised someone was willing to put him on TV, a bit of a ticking time bomb, but thats the fun of it for me.

• Like (+1) 2

On 10/8/2019 at 5:12 PM, Gugny said:

10 years.  One dirty hit.

It was horrible and inexcusable.  But I will not label him a "dirty player," or define his otherwise very clean career based on one terrible decision.

tee-rollin, rollin, get them doggies trollin

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

tee-rollin, rollin, get them doggies trollin

Absolutely not.  I'm on record here multiple times sharing the same sentiment.  The guy played a clean career.  The dirty hit on White was disgusting.  But it was an isolated incident.

Would it be fair to label you based on one bad life decision?

I certainly wouldn't want to be labeled based on the one worst thing I've ever done.

1 minute ago, May Day 10 said:

His speaking was very smooth and he has what it takes.

You could tell though that he was struggling a bit with the mind to mouth connection, but that is to be expected with any person stepping behind a mic.  

It will be interesting to hear how he does when it isn't a Patriots game.  All of what he had to offer yesterday was anecdotes from information he knew from the Patriots.  Moving forward, he'll have to do his research like the others.

19 minutes ago, Gugny said:

Absolutely not.  I'm on record here multiple times sharing the same sentiment.  The guy played a clean career.  The dirty hit on White was disgusting.  But it was an isolated incident.

Would it be fair to label you based on one bad life decision?

I certainly wouldn't want to be labeled based on the one worst thing I've ever done.

SInce when does fairness matter for anything?

On 10/9/2019 at 11:23 AM, Dablitzkrieg said:

What the hell is this meathead going to analyze?

it's a child's game and there's not much to say about it beyond what you already saw watching it

he can add the goofy fun side to things