Gronk Hired as Analyst

Virgil

42 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Gronk sounded better than I thought he would, but had nothing to add.  I was expecting him to be somewhere in between a cave man and a rowdy frat boy, so he exceeded my expectations there.  He came in as expected with his "content," which was nil if it wasn't about the Patriots.

what important information has a panelist told you over the years?

seriously, what...

5 minutes ago, row_33 said:

what important information has a panelist told you over the years?

seriously, what...

"Important" is what you came up with, not what I expect from a panelist.  I want a former player/panelist to give me insight into game situations and matchups, various players, and football insights, in general.  Gronk isn't going to do this, outside of what he knows in NE.

Sorry if no one is buying into "your boy."

I have always found the utter hate Gronk receives here to be interesting, considering he is a native WNYer.

If every last thing about him and his career was the same but with him as a Bill instead of a Patriot, there would be a 50 foot tall gold statue of him somewhere in Buffalo and he would be in contention for most beloved Bill of all time.

On 10/8/2019 at 11:22 AM, Virgil said:

I really wish we had a Pats thread so we could dump all this crap in one spot.  It makes me want to throw up posting about these guys.  

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1181584075213160448?s=20

So don't

5 hours ago, Figster said:

I have to admit Gronk comes across very karizmatik and has an easy listening voice.

The Tre White hit still bothers me though... 

Football is a very violent and emotional sport.  I met a lady that used to babysit him.  She seems to think highly enough of him to be a Bills and Patriots fan (anything is possible and this proves it to me).

Edited by formerlyofCtown

Robert Kraft appeared on the NFLN pregame show Thursday night and was talking about Gronk.  Kraft said he has not filed Gronk's retirement papers with the NFL yet.

There is a chance that Gronk just wanted a year off.

2 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Robert Kraft appeared on the NFLN pregame show Thursday night and was talking about Gronk.  Kraft said he has not filed Gronk's retirement papers with the NFL yet.

There is a chance that Gronk just wanted a year off.

Or the first 10 weeks of this season.

18 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

"Important" is what you came up with, not what I expect from a panelist.  I want a former player/panelist to give me insight into game situations and matchups, various players, and football insights, in general.  Gronk isn't going to do this, outside of what he knows in NE.

You have enough time and energy to sit there passively and let them ramble on with useless factoids that you forget ten seconds later?

that is very important to you?

that’s entertainment....

So what important things did Dan Marino have to say 

19 hours ago, Happy Gilmore said:

1 hour ago, row_33 said:

You have enough time and energy to sit there passively and let them ramble on with useless factoids that you forget ten seconds later?

that is very important to you?

that’s entertainment....

So what important things did Dan Marino have to say 

you seem to be pretty obsessed with this thread. no surprise coming from a closet patsie* fan.

Does anyone even watch the Pre Game, Halftime, or Post Game analysts? I may have the TV on but its usually on mute. I cannot stand to watch that crap anymore. Its all just fluff and puff pieces that usually focus on a set few teams. I can get better stuff on youtube watching drunken fans making fools of themselves. 

4 hours ago, thronethinker said:

Does anyone even watch the Pre Game, Halftime, or Post Game analysts? I may have the TV on but its usually on mute. I cannot stand to watch that crap anymore. Its all just fluff and puff pieces that usually focus on a set few teams. I can get better stuff on youtube watching drunken fans making fools of themselves. 

I literally turned the TV off right after they announced he was going to be coming on next.    Dude is a dick.   Hope he gets what's coming to him someday.   If he hung around Kaisertown he would.