PREDICTION: Will Josh Allen Play This Sunday vs Tennessee?

Will Josh Allen Play This Sunday vs Tennessee?  

272 members have voted

1. 1. Will Josh Allen Play This Sunday vs Tennessee?

• Yes
    • No

3 hours ago, H2o said:

If you tell him it's because you are playing it safe with his health then how can that ruin him? 

If he’s out of the protocol, there’s is not any difference between playing in week 7 or this week . Practice time is the only factor. If you want to play I safe with his health then by your logic Allen backs up Barkley all year. This is concussion protocol, not a hamstring . 

29 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

If he’s out of the protocol, there’s is not any difference between playing in week 7 or this week . Practice time is the only factor. If you want to play I safe with his health then by your logic Allen backs up Barkley all year. This is concussion protocol, not a hamstring . 

No, not at all. My logic is being 3 weeks removed from a concussion out there taking hits versus being 1 week removed and taking hits. At no point did I give the impression I WANT Barkley as the starter over Allen. I just think it is a viable option they have thought about for this week alone given the circumstances and the upcoming bye. 

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm on record that the Bills should not play him even if cleared.  Concussions don't go away in a week.  Give him two more weeks to let his brain heal.  Barkley can handle the Titians.

You trust yourself over the independent neurological consultant who is also on the record saying he can play?

1 minute ago, LeGOATski said:

You trust yourself over the independent neurological consultant who is also on the record saying he can play?

I'm not a doctor, just a Dad who worked on the Safety Committee for an Olympic sport.  Most protocols I've seen are not conservative enough.  I've seen athletes go through these protocols get cleared, only to succumb to second impact syndrome.  I want Josh for the next 10 years, not just the next 10 days.

• Thank you (+1) 1

I think he sits. If he isn't out of protocol Friday, they aren't playing him IMO. I think they can win this game with either QB but it will be a close game. If they can't run the ball, they will have some trouble on the road.

32 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm on record that the Bills should not play him even if cleared.  Concussions don't go away in a week.  Give him two more weeks to let his brain heal.  Barkley can handle the Titians.

Does Barkley handle other Italian renaissance painters as well?   

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Locomark said:

I think he sits. If he isn't out of protocol Friday, they aren't playing him IMO. I think they can win this game with either QB but it will be a close game. If they can't run the ball, they will have some trouble on the road.

Does Barkley handle other Italian renaissance painters as well?   

It's an E Buzz Miller reference :devil:

Just now, Locomark said:

Aykroyd at his sleaziest......right up there with the bag of glass children's toy.

Now, the first one here is called Venus of Irbino, and it was painted in 1538 by a guy in Venice. And, this is for real, his name is spelled T-I-T-I-A-N. TITian! Honest to God!

• Haha (+1) 1

13 hours ago, bigK14094 said:

Dr's and McBean will decide, not Josh.  They can sign that practice squad guy on saturday if they need to.

Dr’s go off of symptoms and tests. Both which are easy to get around if you really want to play. And yes I have seen the tests they use. 

7 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

100% 

there is no way he is healed up from that concussion in a week. 

6 hours ago, Freddie's Dead said:

I'm not a doctor, just a Dad who worked on the Safety Committee for an Olympic sport.  Most protocols I've seen are not conservative enough.  I've seen athletes go through these protocols get cleared, only to succumb to second impact syndrome.  I want Josh for the next 10 years, not just the next 10 days.

Completely agree with you, most of the protocols are way too easy to clear. 

• Like (+1) 1

On 10/2/2019 at 7:14 PM, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

How can a question be a prediction?

Anyway, I say no. It does make sense to sit him Sunday, then have the bye week to fully recover. Also, maybe taking a bit of a step back to reflect on the "hero" stuff and let it sink in might help him and the team going forward. 

Being in stage 4 is good sign for him, and fir his chances Sunday, but it also helps the Bills gain a bit of a competetive advantage, in that the Titans have to dedicate time to prepare for 2 potential starting QBs this week. The film on Barkley in Buffalo may be short, but it helps nonetheless.

A lot of fans are under the impression if he’s cleared through the protocol that he’s still hurt.

Once cleared you are cleared at 100%

He plays when they clear him this week.

Josh was pretty much in stage 5 on Sunday after injury, but the nature of the hit mandated concussion protocol by the league.

He’s had no headaches, been able to exercise and is himself.

2 hours ago, Dr.Sack said:

I think he suits up as the backup but they start Barkley. No way Allen plays Sunday. Too much risk not enough reward. 

If he's cleared there's no risk.  It's not a hamstring injury or something similar that can get worse.

With the Bills releasing McDermott I expect Webb to fill the 53rd spot as a backup suggesting Allen will miss this game.

• Haha (+1) 1