Week 5: Bills (+2.5) at Titans

YoloinOhio

They get Taylor Lewan, their All Pro LT, back this week as well which will help both Mariota and Henry. Vrabel is another BB disciple so you can bet he was taking notes on Sunday. Mariota, while not piling up the stat sheet, has been fairly effective at managing the offense. They have a solid WR group which includes Corey Davis, Tajae Sharp, Adam Humphries, and AJ Brown. They also have the seemingly ageless Delaney Walker who is the team's leading receiver at 35 years old. To me, this stacks up like the Bengals game all over again only our defense will be facing a better OL. Cam Wake is still playing at a fairly high level as well for his age. I hope whoever is playing RT on Sunday is ready to go. Our defense is going to need another lights out performance and whatever QB is playing will need to be accurate while getting the ball out quickly. 

Edited by H2o
  • Like (+1) 4

2 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Titans got shutdown vs jags and indy.  Our defense should be able to shut marcus down and if we can have no turnovers we should win this. 

Just win baby. I don’t care if it’s a 12-3 field goal fest. Get the win and head into the bye 4-1 with Allen coming back for a cupcake matchup against a horrendous Dolphins team. 

25 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

Barkley or Allen. I am sure McD will keep that decision all the way until game day.

I think we wont see JA until after the bye. I think if DS returns they may have a chance with the titans 15th against (14th pass) the run?

it would be great to chalk up another road win but with JA out I think their chances are pretty slim?

13 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

Not sure if I understand this. Barkley left a lot on the field yesterday, too. 

I’ll take Josh over him every time. I think that, while they said all the right things in the lead up to last week (just another game), the reality is they knew the gravity of that game. That, I suspect, got into Josh’s head. 

Just my opinion. 

Getting thrown into a game is really, really tough.  However, he made some good throws. He got hit during his throw on the interception, so I'm not as worried about turnovers. But I think he will be really good about getting every one in position making the right throws. That is what he did last year at least. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The offense cracks were shown, Titans D is legit, and on the road as it is a disadvantage.

Right now Titans are a better team given Allen’s performance yesterday. Not much better but Bills are up against it

No.

Mariota will be wrecked this week. Take it to the bank

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, corta765 said:

The offense cracks were shown, Titans D is legit, and on the road as it is a disadvantage.

Right now Titans are a better team given Allen’s performance yesterday. Not much better but Bills are up against it

How exactly were the "offense cracks shown"?

Are you gonna hit us with NE provided the blueprint?   Sure, the blueprint is a top 3 defense with hoodie at the helm.  It also helps when you knock out a QB with one of the highest 4th Quarter QBR's in the NFL at the start of said quarter.

What is Tennessee going to do, scheme/personnel wise to replicate New England's success against us?

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Are you gonna hit us with NE provided the blueprint?   Sure, the blueprint is a top 3 defense with hoodie at the helm.  It also helps when you knock out a QB with one of the highest 4th Quarter QBR's in the NFL at the start of said quarter.

What is Tennessee going to do, scheme/personnel wise to replicate New England's success against us?

Belichick is a nice guy, he’s going to hand his game plan over to the other 30 teams in the league. 

We should be able to move the ball more effectively against the Titans no matter who our QB is, getting Singletary back would help too. Eliminate the 5 turnovers and dont get a punt blocked and returned for a TD and I think we can win this game.

37 minutes ago, patzen said:

Man I'm excited about this one. Whenever Barkley plays for us he looks like one of the best backups in the league, so if he has to go on Sunday I believe he'll do well even though Tennessee's defense is pretty formidable. Let's get to 4-1 baby!

That doesn't say much. Missed 3 open receivers in a row yesterday with underthrown balls.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, jletha said:

We should be able to move the ball more effectively against the Titans no matter who our QB is, getting Singletary back would help too. Eliminate the 5 turnovers and dont get a punt blocked and returned for a TD and I think we can win this game.

We've moved the ball against everyone we've played this year.  That's something absolutely worth noting. 

The Offense needs to be better, but the main issue is Allen and co. making stupid mistakes in the first 3 quarters of the game.  Whether it's interceptions, fumbles, ill-timed penalties or sacks, we've had a knack for racking up yardage and then failing to match that output with points.  

The good thing is we can move the ball and are extremely effective in the red zone with Allen.  The bad (mistakes) are at least correctable. 

I don't know what this offense looks like with Barkley instead of Allen though, so all of that goes out the window Sunday if Josh can't go.  

• Like (+1) 1

16 minutes ago, SCBills said:

NE sat their D line 3 yards back so anytime Allen ran he didn’t get much. Forced him to stay in pocket and the Bills skill guys at WRTE drop hard after Beasley Brown Knox. Cover those three and Josh is lost

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

I'm not holding my breath on allen being able to go so i'm pretty worried for this week. winnable, but worried.

I am too. 

I'd feel much more comfortable if Allen plays but it's not looking good, especially with the bye the following week, good chance he sits and gets nearly 3 weeks to heal up...

Either way it's a tough outing . I'm optimistic the D and run game could lead us to victory but worried as well

5 minutes ago, corta765 said:

NE sat their D line 3 yards back so anytime Allen ran he didn’t get much. Forced him to stay in pocket and the Bills skill guys at WRTE drop hard after Beasley Brown Knox. Cover those three and Josh is lost

Ok, so if Josh plays, Tennessee (or future teams) are just going to sit their DL 3 yards back, whatever that means, and it's game, blouses? 

They clearly didn't just sit their DL back in contain because they had a decent amount of pressure off the edge. 

They also have, potentially, the best secondary in the league.  Sure, I guess if it's as simple as just "covering" Brown and Beasley then we're cooked.  Good thing none of the first 3 teams we played thought it would be important to cover Brown or Beasley. 

We also get back, eventually, Singletary and Kroft.  I suppose teams will just "cover" Kroft, along with Knox too.

Edited by SCBills

6 minutes ago, klos63 said:

That doesn't say much. Missed 3 open receivers in a row yesterday with underthrown balls.

And he also dropped in some dimes against one of the best defenses in the league. Yes, he's a backup for a reason but I think he has played at a high level for us in that capacity. If he continues to play like he did for us last year and yesterday I think we win the game on Sunday.

8 minutes ago, wppete said:

Think they will go with Barkley and give Allen this week and then bye week to recover. This is a huge game for Barkley! 

if he clears protocol I see no need to recover... if you clear it, you clear it.

i don't think he clears it in time and I would agree with you if it was some other sort of injury. but if he's cleared what exactly does the extra time do?

• Like (+1) 2

I think this could be similar to the Bengals game.  The Titans have a great D, but a somewhat inept offense.  We need to push the ball down the field all game (not a 1/2 of game offense), and get to Mariota.  Pressure him into bad throws.  A few sacks would be nice also.