Have You Started To Lose Faith in Josh Allen?

Just now, prissythecat said:

Do some Bills fans lose faith too quickly.  Just like the Ed Oliver is a bust threads?

To be fair Ed Oliver wasn't playing good football early on and fans thought he was. I had many arguments. Glad he's showing up as a pass rusher. We needed him, glad to be proven wrong about him. Long way to go still, but encouraging.

10 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

So can we start a "Have you lost faith in Devin Singletary yet?" post now?

Oh please.... you have to remember the context when this thread was started.  Josh had many subpar moments over the first few weeks of the season, and then play arguably his worst game at QB vs. New England.

I think at the time, it was a reasonable question to ask, though you can make a point that I should have considered the long term

• Like (+1) 2

27 minutes ago, prissythecat said:

Do some Bills fans lose faith too quickly.  Just like the Ed Oliver is a bust threads?

I look at as discussion. If someone is not playing well why not have a conversation about it? Some dont want to hear anything negative. Reality is Oliver was not playing great and was losing snaps. Maybe that was the wake up call he needed to motivate himself. I would say the Allen debates are slightly different, but still why are other QB's doing xyz and Allen is not. Worth a discussion though some will again say your a hater etc. My point of view is always if you dont like what your reading and dont want to actually discuss it then go to another thread. There are plenty out there. If I come across a discussion about baking cookies I am going to move on to the next one, not get all fired up and attack people for talking about cookies.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Oh please.... you have to remember the context when this thread was started.  Josh had many subpar moments over the first few weeks of the season, and then play arguably his worst game at QB vs. New England.

I think at the time, it was a reasonable question to ask, though you can make a point that I should have considered the long term

Yes, that’s always important to consider. 

On 9/30/2019 at 6:28 AM, jrober38 said:

Two QBs who look like they might be done in the NFL. lol

Sure, there's more to it than just stats, but when your stats are as bad as Allen's, it's just a matter of time until you get benched.  lmao

You can't be at the bottom of the NFL in passer efficiency and be a legit franchise QB. At some point the excuses run out and you actually have to put up numbers.  lolololol so good

Attention jrober38...jrober38 your awful takes are running around on aisle 3...jrober38 please come pick up your terrible takes

• Haha (+1) 4

9 minutes ago, ngbills said:

I look at as discussion. If someone is not playing well why not have a conversation about it? Some dont want to hear anything negative. Reality is Oliver was not playing great and was losing snaps. Maybe that was the wake up call he needed to motivate himself. I would say the Allen debates are slightly different, but still why are other QB's doing xyz and Allen is not. Worth a discussion though some will again say your a hater etc. My point of view is always if you dont like what your reading and dont want to actually discuss it then go to another thread. There are plenty out there. If I come across a discussion about baking cookies I am going to move on to the next one, not get all fired up and attack people for talking about cookies.

You make all the bitching sound benign. it wasn't. ever.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/30/2019 at 7:45 AM, H2o said:

No, not at all. Josh had an absolutely horrible first half. He was pressing in this game like no other because he wanted to beat the Pats in front of the home fans. That led to the hero ball we all talk about at times. In playing hero ball he missed a few WIDE open guys underneath that had the potential to catch and run with the ball afterwards for big gains. He was under pressure all day though, ALL day. For all of the work done to the offensive line, you couldn't tell in pass protection most of the time. Even still let's note that on the first drive of the 2nd half he came out 6 for 6 passing with a rushing TD. I truly believe that if he had not been knocked out of the game the result would have been different. The thing that is concerning me this year is where Josh was hitting those deep routes last year, this year he is about 2-5 yards off with every throw. His short and intermediate accuracy is better for the most part, but he seems to have lost his touch on the deep ball. 

And now that I have watched Josh connect on a few of these, along with the steady improvement in the rest of his game, I couldn't be happier. :thumbsup: It is funny to watch people get all bent out of shape about what they previously posted though. :thumbsup:

Bills play well — They were always good, you idiots! Even when they were losing! How could you not see this at the time??

Bills play bad —  They were always bad, you idiots! Even when they were winning! How could you not see this at the time??

Edited by GregPersons

14 minutes ago, Phil The Thrill said:

Sorry Phil the Thrill, just having a laugh here.  Some people on here have their Cody Ford, Ed Oliver and Dawson Knox pitchforks out too!

10 minutes ago, Sunshower said:

And there will still be other bumps in the road that cause some fans to tumble off of the wagon. Until he has another good game and they pile back on again. Isn’t that how things work here?

I fully expect to transition seamlessly back to doom-and-gloom if we lose a close game to Baltimore.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, GregPersons said:

Bills play well — They were always good, you idiots! Even when they were losing! How could you not see this at the time??

Bills play bad —  They were always bad, you idiots! Even when they were winning! How could you not see this at the time??

Nah try again

On 10/5/2019 at 9:10 AM, LyndonvilleBill said:

Definitely have not lost faith. I actually have more faith in the team and his ability to lead a comeback then I have since Kelly (Reich). It has really made the games more enjoyable to watch knowing were not out of a game. I'll take a few INT's over the overly conservative TT days... He's a smart kid and still learning.  One thing I've noticed (maybe it's just me) but when Josh has more time at the line before the snap he seems to be better. Whether it's up tempo or just the call getting in earlier, he seems to be more comfortable. Again maybe it's just my old a$$ eyes...

bro, hammer on the nail!