JLO and Shakira to perform Super Bowl halftime show

2 hours ago, Steptide said:

I get j lo cuz she's still relevant, but Shakira? Where has she been for 10 years 

Only won a Grammy in 2018. What has JLO done beside marrying a Roid Head?

3 minutes ago, stony said:

She married a famous soccer player and became a stay at home mom. I think.  

Won a Grammy in 2018. 

also Judge on the voice. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 Latin female artists whom are world famous is why they were chosen is my guess... its a worldwide market they are catering to not solely American anymore so I can kind of understand it  but for me its underwhelming....I'll watch the Puppy bowl on animal planet instead

• Like (+1) 2

Who cares?  The halftime show is for the casual viewers. It’s on, and I catch a bit of it, but I could care less who does the halftime show. 

Unless it is Journey, with the lead singer from the Philippines.  Then, I’m watching. That kid is amazing. 

I love that you guys are arguing Grammy’s like that’s had any relevance to good music in over twenty years.

This is about the most accessible and non-offensive to anyone mainstream act that the NFL can schedule for casual football fans and casual “music” fans.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2014 was a big year for Shakira.

In 2014, Shakira became the first musical act to perform three times at the FIFA World Cup.[85] In the same year, Aleiodes shakirae, a new species of parasitic wasp was named after her[132] because it causes its host to “shake and wiggle” [133]

Her mentioned 2018 Grammy was best Latin pop album.

In all seriousness though, she was the mother of all crushes for me as a teen, and she will still have my interest at halftime.