Sign in to follow this  
mykidsdad

Fight between Bills and Jets Fans

2 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

That’s what you get when yr a grownass man with your own name on a jersey.

Lookin at you #8....

Is it any worse than being a grownass man wearing another grownass man's name?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Skeptical 1

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Is it just me or are the NJ police uniforms some of the queerest things you’ve seen since the Canadian Mounties or what? 

I thought they were OK.  Kind of a vintage throwback if you will.

Best dressed cops in the world (as far as I have seen) are in Italy. 

They have great uniforms, are all super cool guys, and it's common for them to have Alfa Romeo cop cars.

Where else, but in Italia!   

220px-Carabiniere_a_Bologna_(April_2006)

5732128552bcd05c658c1de9-750-481.jpg

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

Just now, StHustle said:

Is it any worse than being a grownass man wearing another grownass man's name?

Yes. Yes it is.

Personally, I don’t do it. I have a couple throwbacks, but they rarely leave the house, and I’m much younger than Joe Ferguson anyways haha.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

I thought they were OK.  Kind of a vintage throwback if you will.

Best dressed cops in the world (as far as I have seen) are in Italy. 

They have great uniforms, are all super cool guys, and it's common for them to have Alfa Romeo cop cars.

Where else, but in Italia!   

220px-Carabiniere_a_Bologna_(April_2006)

That is like a dress uniform. First of all, it’s not practical. You wanna try running after a criminal on something like that? Also, it’s most likely extremely uncomfortable. 

The Alfas look cool but they aren’t super cars or anything. The Chargers most cops in this country are faster. 

3 minutes ago, mrags said:

That is like a dress uniform. First of all, it’s not practical. You wanna try running after a criminal on something like that? Also, it’s most likely extremely uncomfortable. 

The Alfas look cool but they aren’t super cars or anything. The Chargers most cops in this country are faster. 

Charger might be faster, but you are comparing American trash to classic Italian style.  I always loved the Alfa 156.  Look at the paint job.  

And no those aren't dress uniforms.  Wherever you see the cops, they look like this. It's just that they are wearing their jackets.  Sometimes they take them off. 

Because it's Italy and they are into looking good.

Edited by Nextmanup
  • Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Charger might be faster, but you are comparing American trash to classic Italian style.  I always loved the Alfa 156.  Look at the paint job.  

And no those aren't dress uniforms.  Wherever you see the cops, they look like this. It's just that they are wearing their jackets.  Sometimes they take them off. 

Because it's Italy and they are into looking good.

Yeah. I get everything you said. But based on what police wear in this country, those would be considered dress uniforms. And unless you’ve ever ran to a situation dressed like that vs dressed in the tactical type clothing that cops here wear, you don’t know what your talking about. 

Again, it would be about comfort as well. Wearing that all day long, 8 or 16 hours, I could see myself being super uncomfortable throughout the day. Not to mention hot. 

Yeah, yeah, they look better. Great. Looking better serves no purpose as far as police work. 

4 hours ago, Just Jack said:

Yep, never fight with people behind you, it's too easy for them to shove you down several rows. 

Well that, and the home-town cops in Jersey are just going to single you out as part of the visiting crowd.

Give them grief and you are just going to get another beating on top of the one you may have already gotten.

Went to one Jets home game and got hit with a freaking cow bell on a rope. One and done for me.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, WideNine said:

Well that, and the home-town cops in Jersey are just going to single you out as part of the visiting crowd.

Give them grief and you are just going to get another beating on top of the one you may have already gotten.

Went to one Jets home game and got hit with a freaking cow bell on a rope. One and done for me.

Not funny...but a little excessive.

1 hour ago, mrags said:

Yeah. I get everything you said. But based on what police wear in this country, those would be considered dress uniforms. And unless you’ve ever ran to a situation dressed like that vs dressed in the tactical type clothing that cops here wear, you don’t know what your talking about. 

Again, it would be about comfort as well. Wearing that all day long, 8 or 16 hours, I could see myself being super uncomfortable throughout the day. Not to mention hot. 

Yeah, yeah, they look better. Great. Looking better serves no purpose as far as police work. 

Yeah, but keep in mind that crime in Milan is much different than Chicago or opioid ravaged middle America. They spend much more time standing around looking cool in their uniforms. When big things do down over there, they do bring out guys in tactical clothing. You’ll see it in the videos of riots and such that take place in the streets of Italy. 

Edited by SirAndrew

I love the line ‘don’t go over there...he still has the tag on his jersey’. Why would that matter?!

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

18 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Not funny...but a little excessive.

It's all good.

Just a lesson learned about scouting ahead to see where the chuckle heads sit when visiting another team's stadium, or go in with an army :)

Edited by WideNine

11 minutes ago, SirAndrew said:

Yeah, but keep in mind that crime in Milan is much different than Chicago or opioid ravaged middle America. They spend much more time standing around looking cool in their uniforms. When big things do down over there, they do bring out guys in tactical clothing. You’ll see it in the videos of riots and such that take place in the streets of Italy. 

So what your saying is they are basically the same thing as mall cops and meter maids then? 

Your missing the point. If something does happen and they are around they are at a disadvantage. 

Its fine if they want to look pretty in uniform. I’d prefer my police to look prepared. 

Just now, WideNine said:

It's all good.

Just a lesson learned about scouting ahead to see where the chuckle heads sit. When visiting another team's stadium, or go in with an army :)

I will remember that. I have been going to Wrigley Field as a Met fan with no trouble. Football is a whole different animal.

13 minutes ago, mrags said:

So what your saying is they are basically the same thing as mall cops and meter maids then? 

Your missing the point. If something does happen and they are around they are at a disadvantage. 

Its fine if they want to look pretty in uniform. I’d prefer my police to look prepared. 

They are basically meter maids (or mall security), cops on the street patrol of Italy don’t face the same things that our cops do. When they know something is about to occur, they send in the proper units. Like I said, patrolling the streets of Chicago is a different game than patrolling Milan.

The Italian policing system is broken down into many different units (Carabinieri vs Polizia) etc. The guys with the fancy uniforms are basically ambassadors. When you go to more crime ridden areas of Italy (often in the South) you commonly see officers in full military type uniform.

Edited by SirAndrew

Best fight I saw was at a Bills-Jets in the 80s. Was looking at the end zone with binoculars  (best fights were there as the UB New Yawkers would get drunk and start fights).  I see a Jets and Bills fan arguing.  The Bills fan's girlfriend reaches over  his back and levels the Jets fan with one punch.

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

Unsubstantiated reports claim a large segment of automobile accidents in Italy are from lead footed polizia plowing high powered Alfa Romeo police cars into brick walls on those hilly donkey cart paths some Italians call roads.  🤨

😁

Edited by Ridgewaycynic2013

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

They are basically meter maids (or mall security), cops on the street patrol of Italy don’t face the same things that our cops do. When they know something is about to occur, they send in the proper units. Like I said, patrolling the streets of Chicago is a different game than patrolling Milan.

The Italian policing system is broken down into many different units (Carabinieri vs Polizia) etc. The guys with the fancy uniforms are basically ambassadors. When you go to more crime ridden areas of Italy (often in the South) you commonly see officers in full military type uniform.

That’s just stupid 

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

The dude with his shirt might be a B cup.

you are being much too generous!