Duke Williams impressing again...activate him!

Alphadawg7

1 minute ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm just trying to understand this correctly. A guy on our practice squad made a decent catch and he should be elevated to starter because of it? I'm just trying to understand why.

Don’t think you’re trying very hard to understand... jmo ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Alphadawg7 said:

Hence I named Zay and Foster...so why are you saying that to me?  lol

Probably because I may have pegged you wrongly as a “Foster over Zay” type. I just don’t understand that. 

I do do think Duke would be good on the team, I just think Foster is the one to go. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, TroutDog said:

It’s not last year. They now have a possession receiver and a 1/1.5 receiver. Chances will inevitably be less. 

Thats good, in my opinion. Does not make him less of a threat, though. 

I still think Foster has great upside, just saying for whatever reason he's fallen down the depth chart and mostly out of the game plan this year.  So its only fair to include him in any conversation that would included activating Duke.  Neither him or Zay are making much of an impact, so wouldn't be fair to single only Zay out when discussing bringing in Duke.  

6 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

I'm just trying to understand this correctly. A guy on our practice squad made a decent catch and he should be elevated to starter because of it? I'm just trying to understand why.

Ummm no not really just that 1 catch. He has been making good catches all along.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Bring up Duke, get rid of Zay or Foster. No one would miss either of them. 

Just now, Patrick_Duffy said:

Ummm no not really just that 1 catch. He has been making good catches all along.

Exactly. Been impressing in practices and pre-season (at least to me). He was the one guy I wanted to make the roster that didn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, Dopey said:

Wow dude, seems kinda personal between you and Zay now. Are you Duke in disguise? Really man, give it a rest for a day or two.

Zay...is that you? OR.....did you just get a Zay jersey

Edited by fansince88
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  Duke did this today, its a topic today...and LOTS of people want to see Duke get a shot here.  And sorry, when you drop a TD pass in a one score game, then you are going to get criticism as a player.  Especially when you have 32 total yards on the season and also another dropped TD in preseason.  

As well as having about a 50% catch rate over his career so far.

#CallUpTheDuke

• Awesome! (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, Jumpsuit Jim said:

Probably because I may have pegged you wrongly as a “Foster over Zay” type. I just don’t understand that. 

I do do think Duke would be good on the team, I just think Foster is the one to go. 

Honestly, I think Foster has more upside than Zay...but right now, I would say neither roster spot is safe and Duke is making a strong case to take either one of their spots.  

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Lol, doesn't matter this dude has an agenda

21 minutes ago, MasterStrategist said:

Sorry, was referring to OP

LOL.  The stupidity of this comment is hilarious to me, then I read who wrote it and it made it even funnier...I get it, I mean you cant defend Zay anymore, so you gotta try and troll the guy who was brave enough to point his flaws out in February.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

He’s at it again, get this guy on the active roster already!  I see plenty of separation as he just beat Tre on this play and he may have the best hands over anyone on the roster right now.

Why ? 

Lets  just  wait for someone to take him of our hands , maybe giants?? 

#FREEDUKE 

39 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

What are you talking about?  Duke did this today, its a topic today...and LOTS of people want to see Duke get a shot here.  And sorry, when you drop a TD pass in a one score game, then you are going to get criticism as a player.  Especially when you have 32 total yards on the season and also another dropped TD in preseason.  

You aren’t alone in wondering if a guy like Williams makes that catch.... I just wasn’t gonna be the first one to say it....

• Thank you (+1) 2

Slow your roll.  As others have posted, Tre' was in a non-contact jersey, so the Duke was running patterns against air.  While I love the idea of activating the Duke, I don't like the idea of running Foster through waivers.  Hopefully Zay and McBeane will break up, then we can get A#1 where we want him:  on the roster and on the field.

• Like (+1) 1

40 minutes ago, Gugny said:

What the hell is up with Foster?  Serious question.  One more game of nothingness, and I'm all for replacing him with Duke.

It takes him about 13 games to get going??? 

I’ve always been a slow starter, but I finish with a whimper! 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Im aware, but how far has Foster fallen that his number is only called a few times in low percentage Bomb attempts?   

I find it interesting how multiple page debates occured last march about how RF was destined to be this years number one and the thought of slowing the roll was mad. That didnt progress the way they thought. And by no means was i rooting for it- id love a star in the making. It was just a question of is he that good, or a product of being devoid at the position. The scales are starting to tip...

41 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Because he did last week too and all preseason...meanwhile Zay and Foster have combined for 32 yards and a dropped TD through 2 games.  And no one on our roster makes the kind of high pointing and tough catches that Duke has consistently shown to make.

I don't know man if he was making those catches all preseason I'm pretty sure he'd be in our starting lineup right? 

• Like (+1) 1

I have 3 comments:

1- WR play has been pretty good for what we’ve been asking them to do. We’ll need a couple more games before we’re ready to see what needs to be shaken up. I personally think a 16 game season should be treated like 4 quarters and you try to go 3-1 in each quarter (I heard this from Daniel Jeremiah the other day) - that being said, I don’t think you should rush to make a judgement on close things till the end of the quarter- this seems close so I’m happy waiting.

2- that being said, I would be fine if DW does crack the 53 at some point this season. I like the versatility he brings. But not having room for playmakers is a beautiful beautiful thing these days. 

3- Those saying Foster hasn’t done anything need to have a longer memory. Foster earned a long leash in his play last year and I expect him to show up big in the next couple weeks. He has 100% more production at the pro level than Duke Williams. 

Ps- these buffalo news guys (and gals) better shut their mouth about how impressive our practice squad guys are. We don’t need them poached! ?

• Like (+1) 6

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

I have 3 comments:

1- WR play has been pretty good for what we’ve been asking them to do. We’ll need a couple more games before we’re ready to see what needs to be shaken up. I personally think a 16 game season should be treated like 4 quarters and you try to go 3-1 in each quarter (I heard this from Daniel Jeremiah the other day) - that being said, I don’t think you should rush to make a judgement on close things till the end of the quarter- this seems close so I’m happy waiting.

2- that being said, I would be fine if DW does crack the 53 at some point this season. I like the versatility he brings. But not having room for playmakers is a beautiful beautiful thing these days. 

3- Those saying Foster hasn’t done anything need to have a longer memory. Foster earned a long leash in his play last year and I expect him to show up big in the next couple weeks. He has 100% more production at the pro level than Duke Williams. 

Ps- these buffalo news guys (and gals) better shut their mouth about how impressive our practice squad guys are. We don’t need them poached! ?

I - and I think many others - LOVED what Foster brought to the table last season.  Since OTAs, up until last week, he's shown nothing.  Not sure if he got lazy, or if he's hurt - but something is definitely up.  He looked like he had the makings of a legitimate #1 WR last season.  I'm totally confused.

• Like (+1) 3