Buffalo Bills to fans on game day: Behave or be gone

HOUSE

18 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Cracking down on the drunks before they get inside the stadium is a great idea.

99% of the fans act responsibly. Hopefully that's allowed to continue as it has been in the past. 

you know, they are putting "fan ambassadors" in front of the gates now ostensibly to help fans make sure their tickets are ready, ask whats in their pockets..you know just get them ready to get into the stadium a little more easily..i bet they will have some signals for security to take a closer look at some folks as well 

Thinking about this more, I think a big reason behind the Bills trying to squash this is due to liability.

With the rise of social media, and so many videos going viral the last couple years, the lunatic fans seem to always be trying to one up each other. I'm no expert, but if people keep jumping off RVs onto tables, eventually something is going to go completely wrong, and someone will die.

If that happens, I can only imagine the lawsuits that would come down the pipe on the team if it were on their property. Taking steps to eliminate this stuff at least shows the team isn't encouraging the mayhem. 

• Like (+1) 1

Now if only they could do some actual enforcement INSIDE the stadium.  Crack down on the rowdy drunken frat boys puking all over the seats, sexually harassing women, and sitting in our seats and refusing to leave.  Oh and throwing things over the balcony and cheering when they hit people.

Security was slow to respond and ended up doing nothing, and they took forever to get some crew up to us to clean up the flood of puke right beside us.

13 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

They’re simply preparing us for the Downtown stadium/Parking ramp family tailgates coming soon to a city near you.

People keep saying this but look at what any parade/festival/party/Allen Street is like in the city. It’s international waters where almost anything goes most of the time.

When a downtown stadium comes, the opportunity for getting stupid drunk in public will still be there for people who want it.

When i'm drunk worse for me is annoy people at messages and stuff lol. But fun time in person. 

Those people do tables crap it's dumb. And those are too drunk not too realize just enjoy the good time and being at the football game. Don't take it out on others trying to enjoy there experience. 

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

6 hours ago, jrober38 said:

Thinking about this more, I think a big reason behind the Bills trying to squash this is due to liability.

With the rise of social media, and so many videos going viral the last couple years, the lunatic fans seem to always be trying to one up each other. I'm no expert, but if people keep jumping off RVs onto tables, eventually something is going to go completely wrong, and someone will die.

If that happens, I can only imagine the lawsuits that would come down the pipe on the team if it were on their property. Taking steps to eliminate this stuff at least shows the team isn't encouraging the mayhem. 

We've already had a fan slide down the railing and seriously injure someone

And a fan die in the ravine during the game

Edited by Buffalo716

12 hours ago, BillnutinHouston said:

What the...?  Care to explain?

The NFL has ruined the sport so much by the need to make it appealing to casual fans who used to just watch the Super Bowl. It's like the late 90's where MLB started juicing the ball so that every child and adult in America and maybe even abroad knew  who McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds are. Mediocre QBs are laying down 4k yard campaigns and 5k yardsa re being hit with ease by multiple players a year.

Having a slot receiver with the grit to go over the middle and catch a ball in traffic is no longer a valued skill. Having a hard hitting safety who can jar balls or take said receivers out of the game is no longer a valued skill, there are no longer pass rushers who strike fear into QBs, because the QBs have nothing to fear. By turning the game into FlagFootball+, adding insane things to the review process, and making the game about everything besides the game they've watered down the accomplishments in my opinion. I just don't think it's as impressive to win a SB today as it used to be, and generally i don't think fans care as much either. By the time March rolls around everyone has already forgotten.

I'd definitely be excited for a win, don't get me wrong. It just wouldn't be as important to me as it was, and that's all on the NFL.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

The NFL has ruined the sport so much by the need to make it appealing to casual fans who used to just watch the Super Bowl. It's like the late 90's where MLB started juicing the ball so that every child and adult in America and maybe even abroad knew  who McGuire, Sosa, and Bonds are. Mediocre QBs are laying down 4k yard campaigns and 5k yardsa re being hit with ease by multiple players a year.

Having a slot receiver with the grit to go over the middle and catch a ball in traffic is no longer a valued skill. Having a hard hitting safety who can jar balls or take said receivers out of the game is no longer a valued skill, there are no longer pass rushers who strike fear into QBs, because the QBs have nothing to fear. By turning the game into FlagFootball+, adding insane things to the review process, and making the game about everything besides the game they've watered down the accomplishments in my opinion. I just don't think it's as impressive to win a SB today as it used to be, and generally i don't think fans care as much either. By the time March rolls around everyone has already forgotten.

I'd definitely be excited for a win, don't get me wrong. It just wouldn't be as important to me as it was, and that's all on the NFL.

old.jpg

• Like (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Buffalo716 said:

We've already had a fan slide down the railing and seriously injure someone

And a fan die in the ravine during the game

Those were years ago.

Anyways, the team is distancing themself likely for liability reasons. If someone dies, they're getting sued. 

37 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

I understand to a point, however if/when the Bills win a Super Bowl, the euphoria will be palpable I assure you.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, DefenseWins said:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/09/18/bills-warn-fans-about-behavior-ahead-of-home-opener/

OK, i know that some of our fans get carried away drinking and with their WWE antics but "DEBAUCHERY"???

would funneling liquor out of a chicks butt crack be considered debauchery?... because I remember when that video made it rounds.

LEGENDARY.

2 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

would funneling liquor out of a chicks butt crack be considered debauchery?... because I remember when that video made it rounds.

LEGENDARY.

How about a BJ in exchange for a player jersey?  

Does this fall under the gamut of debauchery as well?

Just now, Nextmanup said:

sadly enough I've never experienced one worth anything more than my knockoff Chinese colton Schmidt jersery…… and even then i'd have a hard time parting with it.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

What happens in the privacy of your own car between you and a young lady friend is your business. 

Until someone takes video video and posts it for the world to see. Should have had tinted your windows.