Jump to content
Billsfanatic8989

Bills Can Win the Division

Recommended Posts

Jesus....it is week 2. Just get through Cincinnati next week. 

 

I am not saying we are bad or good, but this is the easiest part of or schedule. We have a lot of proving to do before we start talking about the division. Outside of Miami, we have a lot of tough games and could wins/coin flips but not really any should wins (at least not yet, everything will shift as the season starts to shake out). This is a team that was Jekyll and Hyde last year. For myself, I think they need to get through about 8 weeks without getting their teeth kicked in on either side of the ball, before I start to let myself feel like we have turned a corner. Mostly because I need to see them not lose by 14ish+ to the Pats, and play competitive football against the Titans, Eagles, and Skins. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, row_33 said:

 

way to go out on a ledge Coach Cowher!!

 

he takes on the BIG ISSUES that NOBODY dares take on

 

 

...interestingly, in the OBD upheaval after Donohoe was canned and Marv came outta the mothballs "re-tired", Ralphy offered Cowher 10 mil/yr as HC ...a buddy of mine was close friends with Brandon and saw the "back and forth texts" between Cowher and Brandon...Bill's late wife wanted no part of living in Bflo (just like Sabres and Drury's wife)...besides when Carolina fired Fox, Bill could have had the HC job right in his own NC back yard...he did though recommend Gailey (I think) to OBD.....

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if they will win the division (they might), but right now I think the only 2 teams that are probably better than the Bills in the AFC, are the Patriots and Chiefs, and maybe the Ravens.

Edited by 32ABBA
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well if you want to see the Pats lose twice, beat them twice! We control that. 

 

Yes seems impossible but realistically, if you want to be taken seriously, beat them (at least once).

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, MDH said:

There's always a chance Brady goes down to injury.

Yes, a few bucks on the Bills longshot odds might be worth it if you believe a 40 something QB is likely to get hurt.  Of course, the zebra's are in full protect mode for him.  Maybe not for second year QB's, but for Brady, oh yes.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ChevyVanMiller said:

UndefeatedTeams.jpg

This will be "in the hunt" picture with the Bills at 5-6.

 

But maybe not!

Edited by leonbus23
  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Billsfanatic8989 said:

Patriots play the Chiefs & Texans. We don't. We are both 2-0. And yes I'm serious. This has the chance to be a Cinderella story.

 

Its going to be extremely tough.  The Texans didn’t look so great against Jacksonville and Andy Reid seems to shart his underwear every time he plays Bill Belichick.  I think the division is out of reach until the Bills show they can be New England

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

our luck is win the division and the Pats come in and win huge in the divisional playoff weekend

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, njbuff said:

 

Brady had to throw FOUR INT's for the Bills to even compete.

So the defense playing well enough to force the best qb ever into 4 interceptions counts against them somehow? 🤔

Edited by Chandemonium
  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

So the defense playing well enough to force the best qb ever into 4 interceptions counts against them somehow? 🤔

 

The Bills had to come from behind to win and the Pats moved the ball at will the entire game, like they usually do against the Bills.

 

Brady throwing 4 INT's in one is the exception, not the rule.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, njbuff said:

 

The Bills had to come from behind to win and the Pats moved the ball at will the entire game, like they usually do against the Bills.

 

Brady throwing 4 INT's in one is the exception, not the rule.

I know how the game went, I was there. The defense that day made plays to force those 4 ints. That’s a credit to them, not an extenuating circumstance. The fact that it was Brady they forced into 4 ints and he rarely turns the ball over makes it all the more impressive. 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zero chance Patriots win kess than 13 games, zero. 

 

Zero Chance the Bills win 13. I would say the absolute ceiling would be 11 for Buffalo and I'm counting on 10.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Chandemonium said:

I know how the game went, I was there. The defense that day made plays to force those 4 ints. That’s a credit to them, not an extenuating circumstance. The fact that it was Brady they forced into 4 ints and he rarely turns the ball over makes it all the more impressive. 

 

The way they beat the Pats that day certainly wasn't sustainable. Maybe that is a better way to say it than extenuating circumstances.

1 minute ago, BuffaloBaumer said:

Zero chance Patriots win kess than 13 games, zero. 

 

Zero Chance the Bills win 13. I would say the absolute ceiling would be 11 for Buffalo and I'm counting on 10.

 

I don't want to get into number of wins or anything like that right now.

 

The Bills can only control beating the Bengals right now. That's it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, HOUSE said:

There  are QBs going down everywhere, you never know

 

Well Gregg Williams could give a bounty to player who knocks Br*dy out of the game.

3 hours ago, BuffaloMatt said:

How big was that glass of Kool Aid? 

 

Not as big of your glass of cyanide but you failed to finish it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

Get to 4-0 and the division will still be up for grabs in December.   Bills and Chiefs may be three toughest games for Patriots.  But barring a Brady injury I can't see anything less than 12-4 for the Pats. I see a loss at Buffalo and loss against Chiefs in the regular season battle. Hard to come up with even one more loss let alone two.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...interestingly, in the OBD upheaval after Donohoe was canned and Marv came outta the mothballs "re-tired", Ralphy offered Cowher 10 mil/yr as HC ...a buddy of mine was close friends with Brandon and saw the "back and forth texts" between Cowher and Brandon...Bill's late wife wanted no part of living in Bflo (just like Sabres and Drury's wife)...besides when Carolina fired Fox, Bill could have had the HC job right in his own NC back yard...he did though recommend Gailey (I think) to OBD.....

 

He did.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, njbuff said:

 

The way they beat the Pats that day certainly wasn't sustainable. Maybe that is a better way to say it than extenuating circumstances.

 

I agree with that, you can’t count on 4 ints a game against anybody, especially Brady. Doesn’t make the win any less legit. It was an early season division game that both teams came into undefeated. He was trying his best to beat us the whole game, it’s not like it was week 17 and he played one series and never threw a pass just so he could be credited with the start. 

6 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

 

Well Gregg Williams could give a bounty to player who knocks Br*dy out of the game.

 

 

 100 bucks of my own money to the first of my men to really nail that creep.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Mango said:

Outside of Miami, we have a lot of tough games and could wins/coin flips but not really any should wins (at least not yet, everything will shift as the season starts to shake out). This is a team that was Jekyll and Hyde last year. For myself, I think they need to get through about 8 weeks without getting their teeth kicked in on either side of the ball, before I start to let myself feel like we have turned a corner. Mostly because I need to see them not lose by 14ish+ to the Pats, and play competitive football against the Titans, Eagles, and Skins. 

I would argue home games against the Redskins and Jets are “should wins”.  Maybe throw Denver in there too.

Edited by RiotAct
  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, MDH said:

There's always a chance Brady goes down to injury.

 

hey now!

2 hours ago, BeefCurtns said:

Tap. Yo. Brakes

 

Shut. Yo. Mouf.

  • Haha (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, teef said:

as much as i'm impressed by improvements this year, i just don't think the bills are ready to beat the best team in football yet.  there's always a shot, but what a victory it would be to even split games with the pats.

 

A split to go 10-6 and host a playoff game is a win and a step forward.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Chris66 said:

Ol is fine. Cannon should be back this week. Wynn should be back by week 4. Pats really dont have a tough game till nov 3rd against baltimore.

 

My bet is they do no worst than 5-1.

No better than 4-2.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...