Brees out 6 weeks. Big Ben out for the season.

2 minutes ago, Gray Beard said:

Pittsburgh is not very good these days.  If they somehow get into the playoffs, they won’t go far. Take this as an opportunity to search for your QB of the future. Move on from Ben. 

Can probably make similar statement about NO, but they have Bridgewater who could be good enough to build an offense around. 

The Steelers have "massive rebuild" written all over them.

The warning signs were all present last season, but they tried to squeeze another year out of Big Ben with a sub-par supporting cast.

I would be shocked if this wasn't his last season.

Losing either is a big blow to their team but both teams are not completely screwed. Pittsburgh has a potential starter in Rudolph who they recently drafted and could be Ben's replacement while the Saints have Bridgewater who they believe could be a replacement for Brees. Even in Indy, Luck retired but they already had someone who was looked at as a potential starter behind him.

None of those guys look like or are projected to be Elite top tier guys, but they could end up all as decent starters that can lead good teams.

The Steelers might be alright with Rudolph, he was a solid prospect coming out, he did pretty well yesterday. 

The Saints better throw Hill in if its going to be long without Breese.  I get that Teddy is the more accomplished player, but my gawd he was awful yesterday.  If Hill is what Payton thinks he is, its time to see it, if not, they are staring a top 10 pick in the face if Breese is out for the year.

11 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

Has he hit a QB yet?

Not meaningfully.

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Wow.  This could be the year that the early 2000s era QBs who have dominated for so long finally exit, stage right.  Amazing how quickly a team’s fortunes can change.  The Giants were smart to draft their new guy while Eli is still upright.  The Saints and Stillers are in a for long, lost season.

Mason Rudolph played well for the Steelers.  An early interception was actually a perfectly thrown ball that the receiver let go through his hands to the defender.  He doesn't have Josh Allen's big arm (or Ben Rothlisberger's) but he checks all the other boxes.  There's no reason to think he can't do as well as Daniel Jones, who also lacks a big arm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055644/article/steelers-players-impressed-with-qb-rudolph-in-debut

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Ben has surgery and a long recovery, the Steelers decided to cut bait with Big Ben and move forward with Rudolph long term.

1 hour ago, H2o said:

Baltimore looks to be the head of the AFC North right now. 

Maybe. They played what could be a historically bad team week 1, and last year’s worst team in week 2 (not winning in convincing fashion). 

Like the Bills, let’s see them beat a team that matters. Ravens play the Chefs this week. 

3 minutes ago, John Adams said:

Maybe. They played what could be a historically bad team week 1, and last year’s worst team in week 2 (not winning in convincing fashion). 

Like the Bills, let’s see them beat a team that matters. Ravens play the Chefs this week. 

Yes, and I will be interested to see how Lamar plays against an AFC contender versus the teams he faced in weeks 1 & 2. :thumbsup:

3 minutes ago, TigerJ said:

Mason Rudolph played well for the Steelers.  An early interception was actually a perfectly thrown ball that the receiver let go through his hands to the defender.  He doesn't have Josh Allen's big arm (or Ben Rothlisberger's) but he checks all the other boxes.  There's no reason to think he can't do as well as Daniel Jones, who also lacks a big arm.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000001055644/article/steelers-players-impressed-with-qb-rudolph-in-debut

Personally, I wouldn't be surprised if Big Ben has surgery and a long recovery, the Steelers decided to cut bait with Big Ben and move forward with Rudolph long term.

Thanks, I did not see the Stiller game.  Landry Jones will get his chance now, I guess.  Crazy year in Pittsburgh.