Buffalo Bills fan confidence drops despite Week 1 win

HOUSE

2 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

The turnovers from Allen were the concern. Fans are counting on Allen to emerge and prove the new regime right about the QB they traded up to get.

The first INT and fumbled snap weren't his fault.  The INT off the tip was bad luck and tipped passes happen often.  The fumble on the sack was on him and he needs to prevent that in the future.

1 hour ago, boater said:

The Bills were one very bad Jets kicker away from a loss.

One could also opine: one groin injury to CJ Mosley away from a loss.

I can understand a dip in the fan confidence factor.

You discount their fluke negatives but don't discount the fluke turnovers.  It doesn't work like that.  The "what if" game is fun.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree the first INT and fumbled snap weren't on him. 

He also had an awful INT negated by penalty and another throw that should've easily been INT'd. 

Would like to see Allen make better decisions consistently this week.

Unrelated, but did you watch Mayfield play? He threw 3 INT's and had at least one other that was an easy INT that was dropped. One of his first passes of the game.

I think a lot of QB's have dropped INT's or luck out with penalties negating bad plays. I thing it is a little futile to consider plays that don't count because those happen in most games for most QB's.

• Like (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, Doc said:

The first INT and fumbled snap weren't his fault.  The INT off the tip was bad luck and tipped passes happen often.  The fumble on the sack was on him and he needs to prevent that in the future.

Although, Dawkins was severely abused on that play and his man was hitting Allen from his blind side.  Did he even finished his drop? I know you have to keep two hands on the ball, but I’m not sure that would have helped him on that one.  

I think Dawkins deserves some of the blame on that one. 

1 hour ago, Leonhart2017 said:

To be honest this team over the last 20 years along with “winning the off seasons, have had a lot of awesome week one wins as well as fast starts early in the season  only to nose dive by mid season. Not at all saying it will happen this time and I want nothing more than it to not happen. However, I have been programmed at this point to just take it one game at a time.

Yeah Rex’s first game stands out.

• Like (+1) 1

Some putz who asked his neighbors, who are all giants fans....

Even if it was ugly, The Bills won the game. They will gladly take it. These games can be expected once in awhile on a 16 game schedule. We definately know that McDermott fed them a steady diet of film review this week. I certainly don't expect this all of the time. We need to get out of this mind set!

Edited by Rocket94

5 hours ago, boater said:

Clearly the poll did not include some TBD'ers openly mocking fans after the game Sunday.  

5 hours ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Sure...... I would love to win every game 100-0.

Sounds like something McD would say after being asked about his vision for the offense.  

3 hours ago, eball said:

They asked ScottLaw and his extended family.

Efail, still the least funniest poster on TBD.  Never changes.  

3 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

I agree the first INT and fumbled snap weren't on him. 

He also had an awful INT negated by penalty and another throw that should've easily been INT'd. 

Would like to see Allen make better decisions consistently this week.

What part of "free play" don't you people understand?

5 hours ago, boater said:

These are silly statements.  The Bills were 3 fluke turnovers from blowing them out. The Bills were two Sam Darnold bad passes that SHOULD have been intercepted from blowing the Jests out.

People can go all day with their bias to find "these" situations that turn the game one way or another. ANYONE who watched the game saw Buffalo basically dominate the game but not the scoreboard. The better team won.