Late Hits

Clemfield2622

I admit I haven't gone through all the threads, but I didn't see any topics about what i perceived as an abundance of late hits yesterday. 

Early on it seemed like every play a guy was diving in late. Adams buried a forearm in someone's head early.

There was one that was called that was obvious. I think it was the same guy Anderson who cheap shot Hauschka last year. 

I'm now rewatching the game winning drive and there was an awful, obvious late hit not called on Anderson on the pass that Beasley dropped. 

Anderson hit Allen in the back of his legs a good 3 or more seconds after the pass was thrown. Luckily Josh was unfazed,  but it was an awful hit.

You can always tell a Gregg William's coached team.

Did anybody else notice this?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I did notice it a few times, especially on Allen's scrambles.  There was one occasion fairly early in the game, Allen dove head first and I think it was Adams that was clearly aiming for his head.  Luckily he just missed.  But yeah, same old Gregggggggggggggggggggggggg......  Bounty was in full effect.  Luckily nobody was able to collect.

Allen got hit late more than once.

My fear is that it's the "Cam Newton Syndrome."  Refs are less likely to call them because the QB is so damn big.

That one year (I forget which year), Cam Newton was getting blasted on a weekly basis and very few flags were thrown.  Since Allen is also a huge QB, it looks like he will be less likely to get flags, too.  

Hopefully the Bills get out in front of it.

• Like (+1) 5

IDK but I thought the roughing the passer on Jordan Phillips was absolute BS.  He was blocked and ended up low (to the ground) and grabbed Darnold around the legs for a tackle.  It was not as if he dove for Darnold’s knees.  He simply finishout out the play at the level he was.  Judgement call for sure but a poor one in my opinion.

• Like (+1) 2

Video of the cheap shot

18 minutes ago, sven233 said:

I did notice it a few times, especially on Allen's scrambles.  There was one occasion fairly early in the game, Allen dove head first and I think it was Adams that was clearly aiming for his head.  Luckily he just missed.  But yeah, same old Gregggggggggggggggggggggggg......  Bounty was in full effect.  Luckily nobody was able to collect.

You're right. It was Adams on Allen. Just missed smashing his forearm into his head 

• Like (+1) 2

32 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I admit I haven't gone through all the threads, but I didn't see any topics about what i perceived as an abundance of late hits yesterday. 

Early on it seemed like every play a guy was diving in late. Adams buried a forearm in someone's head early.

There was one that was called that was obvious. I think it was the same guy Anderson who cheap shot Hauschka last year. 

I'm now rewatching the game winning drive and there was an awful, obvious late hit not called on Anderson on the pass that Beasley dropped. 

Anderson hit Allen in the back of his legs a good 3 or more seconds after the pass was thrown. Luckily Josh was unfazed,  but it was an awful hit.

Yep, especially the one you mention where Anderson rolled into the back of Allen's legs well after the throw. That was complete dirty bull *****. Shouldve been a flag.

23 minutes ago, BuffaloBill said:

IDK but I thought the roughing the passer on Jordan Phillips was absolute BS.  He was blocked and ended up low (to the ground) and grabbed Darnold around the legs for a tackle.  It was not as if he dove for Darnold’s knees.  He simply finishout out the play at the level he was.  Judgement call for sure but a poor one in my opinion.

Cant go into the legs like that. It's that simple, you just cant. They put it on the DL to have better control. Yeah, he was blocked but he wasnt fully engaged.

The second Phillips hit him I was looking for the flag.

I've always thought there was a bias towards QBs who were exceptionally mobile. It happened with Tyrod, and also Vick on a regular basis. I think the bias may come from the fact that a mobile quarterback becomes a runner so frequently (at which time, the special protections for QBs are gone), that they don't look at them in the same context.

55 minutes ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Video of the cheap shot

You're right. It was Adams on Allen. Just missed smashing his forearm into his head 

Henry Anderson. Same player who cheap shot Hauska last year. 

League needs to pay attention and start banning players with low moral and IQ. 

3 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

Video of the cheap shot

I'm not sure about a flag fest as you say but I wouldn't be surprised if they turn a blind eye here and there on questionable dirty plays like on Hauschka last year and possible late hits on Josh.

-------------------  

I posted that comment in response to someone's thread last week. A lot of members here started with the " here we go again, blaming the refs" rhetoric.  I don't necessarily blame the refs for borderline flags that go against us but this is a case of just ignoring blatant  abuse and intent to injure and that's not acceptable. 

11 hours ago, Gugny said:

Allen got hit late more than once.

My fear is that it's the "Cam Newton Syndrome."  Refs are less likely to call them because the QB is so damn big.

That one year (I forget which year), Cam Newton was getting blasted on a weekly basis and very few flags were thrown.  Since Allen is also a huge QB, it looks like he will be less likely to get flags, too.  

Hopefully the Bills get out in front of it.

Agreed, and yet BS like this is called for Brady***

ezgif-1-1.gif.3f159483fed548dd120779930f073302.gif

• Thank you (+1) 4

The Jets are ESPN, and generally, media "darlings" right now because of Sam Darnold and Le'Veon Bell. They wanted to see them win. The commentators during Sunday's game basically drooled on themselves every time the Jets made a positive play of some kind. Glad we could ruin it for them all and create a downward spiral internally in the process. They are not going to give us those calls until, like other posters have noted, we start consistently winning games and the NFL decides to market us like they do other teams. 

12 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

I was torn on this one and tried to take myself out of "Bills fan mode," when looking at the replay.  I think it was kind of a weak call, but I also think if it was Allen getting hit low, I'd have wanted the flag thrown.

28 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Here's another one for you by Anderson, in the third, although he was called for it.

Greggo, the proud papa of this bunch, was only irritated by the fact more Bills didn't leave injured on Sunday. What a joke of a coaching staff over there, SMH.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Greggo, the proud papa of this bunch, was only irritated by the fact more Bills didn't leave injured on Sunday. What a joke of a coaching staff over there, SMH.  

Even though he was called for the one in the third quarter, HUDS, this is ridiculous.  Seriously, they need to do something about this.

Why?  Because this isn't Jerry Hughes heat of the moment type of stuff.  It is 100% "How can I still take a cheap shot on someone and get away with it." garbage.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Clemfield2622 said:

I saw that Anderson hit on Allen. Very, very deliberate. Wtf

2 minutes ago, RU5781 said:

This doesn't get old. In what world is this a penalty? I'd lose my s if I were a player. 

We can expect this bs to continue as long as he is here! 

1 minute ago, rayray808 said:

in the other thread they have pics of his wife defending him on twitter LOL

I mean, I guess that's what she's supposed to do (and I'd want mine to do the same), but in private, she'd better be reading him the riot act!