Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

22 hours ago, eball said:

I knew the Jets and Giants each had their own "home" locker rooms, but you're saying they have their own visitors' rooms as well?  Seems like a waste...

Jersey taxpayers owed $100M on the old Giants stadium when they tore it down, and I think it's still being paid through 2025. I don't think the North Jersey Legitimate Businessman's Association and Waste Management Consultants employ a lot of accountants to keep an eye on that stuff. 

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Nice. Yards per play might be one of the best judges of how talented a defense is now that I think about it. Per game depends on how much the offence is out on the field, so of course a defense that has to be out for more plays will potentially give up more yards. 

4 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Nice. Yards per play might be one of the best judges of how talented a defense is now that I think about it. Per game depends on how much the offence is out on the field, so of course a defense that has to be out for more plays will potentially give up more yards. 

Yeah, well it just makes sense to be compare the constants for the individual units

Per game is a better gauge for how all the units are performing together.

12 minutes ago, the skycap said:

Had Doug Whaley chosen Deshaun Watson, would he still be GM? 

Had Doug Whaley chosen Deshaun Watson, would he still be Deshaun Watson?

This is why I roll my eyes every time someone says the Bills could have drafted Mahomes. Yeah, we could have...but it’s a near certainty he wouldn’t have looked anything like what you’re seeing in KC. Compared to what he walked into, Buffalo would have seen him play with a worse OL, worse WR group, worse TE, and less QB-friendly coach.

Edited by WickedGame
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

This is why I roll my eyes every time someone says the Bills could have drafted Mahomes. Yeah, we could have...but it’s a near certainty he wouldn’t have looked anything like what you’re seeing in KC. Compared to what he walked into, Buffalo would have seen him play with a worse OL, worse WR group, worse TE, and less QB-friendly coach.

Totally agree on Mahommes....who came into a PERFECT situation for him to include sitting that first year.

I am not saying PM is not a great QB....I am not even saying he would have been a bad qb for us....but look at last year's roster and tell me he would have been as good on the bills....no way

We even brought over his Center to work with Josh Allen for christ sake

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, WickedGame said:

Thank you for recognizing players don't develop in a vacuum.

• Like (+1) 4

I think Singletary will get more touches this week and as the season goes along but lets remember that he is still a rookie and you don't want to put too much pressure on the kid too soon. Same goes with "ED". Keep the rotation going and keep the players fresh would be my thinking. Also start integrating Yeldon into the offense more as well.

2 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Totally agree on Mahommes....who came into a PERFECT situation for him to include sitting that first year.

I am not saying PM is not a great QB....I am not even saying he would have been a bad qb for us....but look at last year's roster and tell me he would have been as good on the bills....no way

We even brought over his Center to work with Josh Allen for christ sake

certainly agree.......but how about the naysaying pundits who said, "an Air Raid QB never makes it in the NFL"......."Air Raid" had "leprosy connotations".....and how many of those "switched camps" with the "shoulda coulda woulda refrain" as far as Whaley/Bflo blowing the pick?....better yet, how many had him penciled in for a historic "sophomore slump (BIG COUGH)"?.......crickets....the kid is damn good and is off to  fast start in year 3.....and fun to watch.........

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

certainly agree.......but how about the naysaying pundits who said, "an Air Raid QB never makes it in the NFL"......."Air Raid" had "leprosy connotations".....and how many of those "switched camps" with the "shoulda coulda woulda refrain" as far as Whaley/Bflo blowing the pick?....better yet, how many had him penciled in for a historic "sophomore slump (BIG COUGH)"?.......crickets....the kid is damn good and is off to  fast start in year 3.....and fun to watch.........

It is too KC's benefit they were wrong. 

Personally....I am good with Josh Allen and Tre White.......that doesnt mean I have to bag on PM to like my players

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, John from Riverside said:

It is too KC's benefit they were wrong. 

Personally....I am good with Josh Allen and Tre White.......that doesnt mean I have to bag on PM to like my players

...HARD to believe awhile back some TBD experts proposed Tre as trade bait......go figure.......