Week Two: Bills at Giants

YoloinOhio

44 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

I don't want to underestimate an opponent, but I honestly don't agree with your assessment. 

The Giants have been very weak on the O-line last year, and they really have not much to fix it. Golden Tate is still suspended, so they have very little in terms of an outside threat. I have more faith in White and Wallace to hold in single coverage than I am with Milano and Edmunds stopping the run.

If the Bills can get the penetration up the middle that they did last week, I think Eli is in for a bad day.

They signed a new starting RG and RT, and their Center returns from injury. Not saying they have a GOOD line, but they def. attempted to fix it. Now they are banged up on the line after sunday, and could likely be missing their current #1 WR to concussion....so yea, we are in good shape but you still gotta play on Sundays 

31 minutes ago, PaattMaann said:

They signed a new starting RG and RT, and their Center returns from injury. Not saying they have a GOOD line, but they def. attempted to fix it. Now they are banged up on the line after sunday, and could likely be missing their current #1 WR to concussion....so yea, we are in good shape but you still gotta play on Sundays 

Fair enough. I hadn't heard, and didn't see any signings when I did a quick search for offseason moves so I assumed. 

You definitely still have to play the games, but my gameplan hasn't changed. With a pretty threadbare WR group further reduced with Shepard's concussion, I am trusting Levi, Tre and Neil in single coverage and focusing on containing Barkley. Overall, after containing Bell, and seeing the pressure that was put on a more mobile QB I still don't imagine that the Giants are going to be putting up gangbuster numbers against us.

But like you said, that's why they play the games.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, eball said:

I know you're probably talking about XXV but I'm remembering the last time the Giants visited OP...I was so convinced the Bills would whoop 'em and then we came out completely flat.  Shut down OBJ but did not much else right.  Tyrod the Terrible showed up to play.

What comforts me this week is that the coach "preparing" the Bills for that prior contest was Wrecks Ryan himself.  McD & Co. won't make the same mistakes, I hope.

Also 2011 when the Fitzmagic Bills were 4 and 1.

13 minutes ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Fair enough. I hadn't heard, and didn't see any signings when I did a quick search for offseason moves so I assumed. 

You definitely still have to play the games, but my gameplan hasn't changed. With a pretty threadbare WR group further reduced with Shepard's concussion, I am trusting Levi, Tre and Neil in single coverage and focusing on containing Barkley. Overall, after containing Bell, and seeing the pressure that was put on a more mobile QB I still don't imagine that the Giants are going to be putting up gangbuster numbers against us.

But like you said, that's why they play the games.

oh 100% dude!!! Agreed. Make them throw to beat you, stack 9 in the box. Eli physically doesnt have the arm strength to beat us deep (even IF his threadbare WR group COULD beat Tre/Wallace in single coverage). Get after Barkley and Eli in the backfield...period. 

Listened to a bit of Bob Papa and Charlie Weis on Sirius this morning...Papa is the Giants' play-by-play guy but is typically a non-biased straight shooter.  We all know who Weis is.  Both of them significantly underrate the Bills' offense and it's clear they didn't really watch the Bills-Jets game aside from a few highlights (I don't fault them for that, by the way -- Papa has been busy and Weis has to eat).  They acknowledge the Bills have a good defense but Weis actually said the Giants' edge is that they are playing Buffalo's offense that "isn't any good."

Now, in their defense both Papa and Weis have previously said they believe the Bills could be "one of those teams" who rise up and compete for a playoff spot, but I think they both feel as though the Giants are the better team.

• Haha (+1) 4

3 minutes ago, eball said:

Listened to a bit of Bob Papa and Charlie Weis on Sirius this morning...Papa is the Giants' play-by-play guy but is typically a non-biased straight shooter.  We all know who Weis is.  Both of them significantly underrate the Bills' offense and it's clear they didn't really watch the Bills-Jets game aside from a few highlights (I don't fault them for that, by the way -- Papa has been busy and Weis has to eat).  They acknowledge the Bills have a good defense but Weis actually said the Giants' edge is that they are playing Buffalo's offense that "isn't any good."

Now, in their defense both Papa and Weis have previously said they believe the Bills could be "one of those teams" who rise up and compete for a playoff spot, but I think they both feel as though the Giants are the better team.

Mike Francesa on WFAN thinks the Bills are a "bad team" the Giants ought to beat.

• Haha (+1) 4

4 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Mike Francesa on WFAN thinks the Bills are a "bad team" the Giants ought to beat.

Well, that's a plus.  I don't listen...but have heard that Francesa is so out of touch and clueless that calling up to troll him has become a favorite NY sports fan pastime.

• Like (+1) 1

On 9/9/2019 at 11:56 AM, Logic said:

God I hate the "putting each through burning tables" thing. What are Bills fans, a bunch of WWE loving 8th graders circa 1998? 

Foolishness.

Show up, be loud, represent the team with pride, but for the love of God....quit putting each other through flaming tables.

Love it or hate it, it's the first thing out of peoples mouths when I say I'm a Bill's fan. Hopefully soon its "hey man, Josh Allen is incredible".