Bills (1-0) at Jets (0-1) Postgame thread

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And yet it is the equivalent of a four plus turnover differential because it happened in that way at that time. 

And yet it isn't because the fumbled snap was on 4th down which would have been turnover-on-downs anyway.

2 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

You met Rachel?!

I met her at Hammer's Lot last year. She was alright. Aaron Williams came over and was asking if I was trying to hit on her. :lol:

Also met Micah Hyde's wife, Amanda. She was super cool. She and Rachel have become major contributors in the ketchup ceremony.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Buffalo Boy said:

I didn’t pipe in during the game threads as I was entertaining.

I’m calling BS on all you “ Fair Weather” fans throwing this Offense under the bus before the game was over.

Shameful!!!!!

This was ostensibly a fifth preseason game for the O which has been almost completely rebuilt from last year. 

NFL games and seasons are Marathons, not sprints. Kelly and Crew had absolute 58 minute stinkers, with multiple turnovers and still pulled them out.

I Billieved the whole game !!!!!!!

Right? They sounded like jets fans do now ready to draft a new qb next year. Wwaaayyyy too over the top. Its embarrassing.  Then that ********* fellow... i felt like he had no one to watch the game w bc no one wld listen to his vitching so he had to do it there. That or for some reason he enjoyed trolling more than watching the game. Either way, it was plain sad

• Thank you (+1) 2

Defense really won the game for Bills.  Jets only got 6 points on 4 turnovers?  Offense was Jekyll and Hyde.  They made some good plays but defense picked up the slack.
Good thing was Bills won, bad thing was it was only the Jets and a good team would likely have put the Bills away in this one.  

2 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I think a pretty good sign of which team is better is that these highlights are almost exclusively about one team.

Yeah, it's clear who had the better team. It was the Bills vs themselves and CJ Mosley.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

It's still a turnover though because he dropped it and couldn't get the first down because of the drop. The same way an INT on fourth is still a turnover. 

If you're going to argue that the end-of-game turnover is meaningless, then understand even if the Bills fall on that one and recover, the Jets still get the ball because downs. If you're going to discount the one then do it for both. It's -3 however you want to reckon it.

6 minutes ago, Ralonzo said:

If you're going to argue that the end-of-game turnover is meaningless, then understand even if the Bills fall on that one and recover, the Jets still get the ball because downs. If you're going to discount the one then do it for both. It's -3 however you want to reckon it.

The point is only that it had zero effect on the game. None. Four turnovers over the course of a game has an enormous affect. More than three. It was much, much more of a four turnover game than a three turnover game because the one that made it three had zero affect. And I don't mean that if the other team didn't capitalize it may have had no effect. That's not the same thing. It could not have had an affect of the game because of how and when it happened. 

Edited by Kelly the Dog

23 minutes ago, Warcodered said:

I didn't see that celebration between Allen and Brown before. ?

Looks similar to the one he did with Shady.

4 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

That dinosaur is still around?  Thought he'd be oil by now.

• Haha (+1) 1

A few thoughts about this game:

*  The 1st 3 quarters seemed like a weird dream to me.  On the one hand the Bills were actually moving the ball & on most of his passes Allen was throwing accurate darts.  There were moments when everything we hoped we would see with Allen & the offense was coming true.  But then you had 4 bizzare TO's that completely messed things up.  IMO only the 1st fumble was on Allen the other 3 were a combination of fluke & bad luck.  Hell, Darnold had more balls batted at the line into the air without suffering an INT.  And even when Allen put us in FG range with a nice run we had the taunting call that snuffed out that drive.  It was like an invisible force field of bad Karma once we reached the Jets 35 yard line.  Maybe Thad Brown had a Bills voodoo doll he was stabbing! 

*  While the Offensive troubles were going on the defense played magnificently.  But like a lot of games over the last 3 years it was looking like no matter how well the defense played the offense would screw it up and we would lose a close game in which the D largely dominated the opposition.  That we were only down 6 - 0 at the half was astonishing. 

*  Then the 3rd quarter got even weirder.  The defense softened and the offense yielded a safety to compliment the pick six and the Bills ran ONLY one offensive play through the first 12 minutes of the 3rd quarter!  Down 16 - 0 most of us were thinking a final score of 23 - 0 or maybe 30 - 7.

*  This is where the difference in this Bills team versus others materialized.  The offense would catch fire and on their next 3 possessions score 17 unanswered points.  Allen would get blisteringly hot completing 8/10 passes for over 100 yards & a TD.  Singleterry would show game breaking moves and the Bills O-line would demonstrate that they are a much better unit then last year.  Throw in some clutch receiving by Brown, Sweeney & Singleterry and the Bills EARNED the comeback win with a 4th quarter Offensive explosion.

*  In response the Bills defense smothered the Jets.

*  IMO Allen's TD pass was under-thrown by design.  John Brown is a PRO and when he was streaking down the sideline knowing that he was being single covered HE EXPECTED to get the EXACT pass that Allen gave him.  That's why that play looked so smooth.  Brown, Beasley & Singleterry are going to have some big games going forward.

*  And for the record I agree with those who say that despite the score we outplayed the Jets for most of the game.  Had Allen not lost that fumble on the 1st drive I believe we may have won the game going away.  

• Like (+1) 1