Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

2 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t suspect that it will go anywhere but that’s what I’ve heard from a few people. NO ONE is happy about this around the league.

My fear as well.  Goodell is polishing up his Commish speak as we are sitting here.  "I have every reason to believe that the AB signing by NE did not violate ..................."

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I don’t suspect that it will go anywhere but that’s what I’ve heard from a few people. NO ONE is happy about this around the league.

It does set a bad precedent... guys that don't like the contracts that bind them can act out, get themselves released, and become free agents with no real fallout.  The most talented will always be rewarded.  Diva players everywhere are getting ideas.

If the Raiders had exiled him without releasing him, they would still have to pay him, right?

I hate to see a team take a moral stand with a childish player and be punished for doing so... just glad the Bills didn't find themselves where the Raiders are today.

10 minutes ago, from_dunkirk said:

Nope. Doc said AB's actions were racist. That is in dispute.

The post in question.

So AB called Mayock a cracker: confirmed

AB threatened to punch Mayock in the face: confirmed

Where is the politics?  OHHHH! From you!

Again,  I really hate that you used Dunkirk in your name.  Likely the reason I left and you stayed.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, RochesterRob said:

My fear as well.  Goodell is polishing up his Commish speak as we are sitting here.  "I have every reason to believe that the AB signing by NE did not violate ..................."

He may or may not BUT he is the voice of the owners and I cannot believe they vast majority of them do not want this to become normal.

Like I have already said, this has to be addressed in the next CBA.  

37 minutes ago, Gary Busey said:

Pats are going to live and die with Brady this year. Brown doesn't change much IMO

Stidham showed the system works and Bellicheck schemes to get mismatches. Having Brown is a huge upgrade over Jakobi Myers or Dorsett.  AB will make it even tougher to double team anyone. Spread out Edelman, Brown and Gordon and you still have to deal with 3 RB's who can tear you up in Michel, White and Harris. Give Brady any time at all and he will pick a defense apart with all these weapons. The only weak spot is TE and watch Gronk come back around game 8 for a Super Bowl run.  My hate grows by the minute for NE. 

1 minute ago, BillsRdue said:

Stidham showed the system works and Bellicheck schemes to get mismatches. Having Brown is a huge upgrade over Jakobi Myers or Dorsett.  AB will make it even tougher to double team anyone. Spread out Edelman, Brown and Gordon and you still have to deal with 3 RB's who can tear you up in Michel, White and Harris. Give Brady any time at all and he will pick a defense apart with all these weapons. The only weak spot is TE and watch Gronk come back around game 8 for a Super Bowl run.  My hate grows by the minute for NE. 

Spot on and something I really don't even want to watch. 

2 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

its a big problem when the MLB has the most parody of any league in the US.

A big part of it has to be the lack of salary cap. We have got to get rid of that ***** here.

I don't pretend to know the other 3 sports in the US... they all suck... but let me tell you from European soccer experience no cap means 6 or 7 teams totally dominating basically forever. 

3 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

So was this ploy all along he wanted to be in NE so acted like an ass to get released so NE could sign him?   Wonder if some tampering occurred.

I'm gonna go with Yes since Steelers said they wouldn't trade him to NE.

I think it was posted earlier.

Edited by The Wiz
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, GunnerBill said:

Impossible to police. 

I'm not sure that is true.  I'm sure there could be changes that protect a team against this.

If a player is suspended by a team there could be a rule that he cannot play in the league that year for any other team.