Antonio Brown RELEASED, signed by PATS

Chandler#81

6 minutes ago, ddaryl said:

I read that as Mulder was right about the Allen invasion...

Only the smoking man knows for sure

He's dead.  Thankfully.

7 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Yes.  Teams that consistently win, especially arguably the best dynasty in nfl history with arguably the best coach and qb ever, get more benefit of the doubt than the Bills or Raiders.  I mean this seems pretty obvious. 

Did you see Breer's tweet, CB?

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

That is how the Pats generally operate isn't it? Bring him in on a one year prove it basis, with the option to cut him loose.

I can see the Pats passing. He publicly disrespected the GM, and did so by threatening him with violence while invoking a racist trope. If that doesn't give him a year off to think about his actions, I don't know what would.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ddaryl said:

Gruden took a chance but after this debacle AB has been downgraded even further

So instead of the appearance of crap and being soft and sweet on the inside, it turns out it's an actual piece of *****. 

Sounds about right. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Im sure most agree with this, but I think he needs to be on 5150, (which is an involuntary psych evaluation hold for 72 hours in CA.) He could be suicidal/homicidal. His actions aren’t normal. 

Edited by stevestojan

1 hour ago, SirAndrew said:

How do you know that AB is exhibiting behavioral changes? Only those in the Steelers locker room know if this is something new for him. Sometimes things are hidden from the public. Remember when he filmed a video in the Steelers locker room? That isn’t much different than the twitter video from

yesterday. I think this is just AB being AB. 

That's not so much AB as it is AB since 2017 or so.

As a young guy, he was a team player. For whatever reason, his last two or so years in Pittsburgh, that changed. 

Could it be CTE? Maybe. Could it be ego and success and riches? Yup, absolutely. Success has ruined a lot more people than traumatic brain injury. But for whatever reason, he's changed. 

And it's not like things that start in locker rooms stay in locker rooms. If that were so, we wouldn't have learned about his problems in 2017 and 2018 in Pittsburgh or this year in Oakland. But we did. And that's a huge change from the beginning of his career.

Somewhere I remember someone being quoted early as saying something like, "when he gets money, he'll become a monster." He wasn't a monster at the time. I'll quick look it up and edit it into this post. He wasn't always the dick he is today.

3 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

I can see the Pats passing. He publicly disrespected the GM, and did so by threatening him with violence while invoking a racist trope. If that doesn't give him a year off to think about his actions, I don't know what would.

Me too.  People like to point to the Randy Moss signing but Antonio Brown seems way more difficult to manage.  His social media posts alone today doesn't spell Patriots culture.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, K-9 said:

The only thing obvious is the hypocrisy of a position that allows for two completely different judgments for the EXACT same action. 

But they aren’t and that’s what you fail to understand.  But he didn’t want to come here because he didn’t believe in the Bills or Allen.  

He wanted to NE. They have a history with these idiots.  They didn’t need AB and would have just cut him.   

Like me I said, I hope he ends up there and blows up that team.  

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Golden Goat said:

Yeah, seems like we are getting ahead of ourselves here. There may be no Brown signing anywhere right now. He may be out longer than we think. With the season just under way, who would want to disrupt the unity of their team with Brown's psycho drama. You just don't threaten your GM with physical violence...there is no way to get passed that, no turning back. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Me too.  People like to point to the Randy Moss signing but Antonio Brown seems way more difficult to manage.  His social media posts alone today doesn't spell Patriots culture.

Moss was a "im the best at what I do" cocky/a-hole attitude. 

AB is just acting WTF crazy. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But they aren’t and that’s what you fail to understand.  But he didn’t want to come here because he didn’t believe in the Bills or Allen.  

He wanted to NE. They have a history with these idiots.  They didn’t need AB and would have just cut him.   

Like me I said, I hope he ends up there and blows up that team.  

It would be interesting to see BB show emotion towards something other than a surface pro. 

Edited by The Wiz

8 minutes ago, stevestojan said:

Im sure most agree with this, but I think he needs to be on 5150, (which is an involuntary psych evaluation hold for 72 hours in CA.) He could be suicidal/homicidal. His actions aren’t normal. 

Yeah, said to some buddies when this all started to unfold that he has to have some mental issue that hasn't yet been diagnosed because this is just not normal behavior, even for a high maintenance diva WR. The whole situation is sad and bizarre. If he does have a condition, I hope it is discovered soon before he does harm to himself or anyone else. 

5 minutes ago, The Wiz said:

Moss was a "im the best at what I do" cocky/a-hole attitude. 

AB is just acting WTF crazy. 

Yeah, I dont like lumping Moss in with the other problem children.

But even without Moss, the Pats still signed OchoCinco and Josh Gordon. So the overall point that they dont shy away from WRs with issues still stands.

• Like (+1) 1