Patriots cut Russell Bodine

YoloinOhio

23 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

but there's a number of guys he could have just picked up without giving up a pick. 

those guys wouldn't have intel on a division opponent, a center knows a lot about the offense & the QB, more than most other positions

Edited by uticaclub

3 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What is less well known is Beane (aka the Almighty Wizard) inserted a clause into the trade that if the Patriots cut him before week 1 the Bills don't just get a 6th round pick but the Patriots next 8 first round picks. True fact. 

I think the cut had to be on a Tuesday for the clause to kick in 

3 hours ago, Buddo said:

No great surprise really. While Belichik might glean a nugget or two from Bodine, I don't think that truly was the object of the exercise. I think it was a reaction to losing Andrews, that meant they were in need of finding an adequate starter in a hurry, and gave us the pick to ensure they could look at him.

Neither Bengals fans, nor ourselves, have been very impressed with Bodine, so it comes as little surprise that BB wouldn't be either. He might know a bit more than we do, methinks.

If he knew a bit more than we do, then he wouldn't have traded a 6th round pick for that bum! Face it, the days of Belichick picking up nuggets are gone. His decision making has been suspect for a while now, and we just haven't seen the end result of it yet... it just might be this year.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm sure this has been stated already, but I was really hoping to see Bodine opposite Oliver later this season. That would have been fun to watch.

Although, if I'm being entirely honest, a certain "Billsy" part of my brain was secretly afraid that Bodine would take the field in a Pats* uniform, and somehow be transformed into a solid center.

4 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Please, someone tell me how many starters on o-line from last year aren't even on NFL teams anymore, let alone not starting for their new team?  This is excluding someone like Teller who kept right up final cut downs, and then got something for him.

Miller may be the only who I believe  may be starting, and  could be wrong about that.

Miller is listed as the Bengals starting RG. (Cordy Glenn is their LT).

Jordan Mills, and Vlad Ducasse, and Ryan GRoy are all currently unemployed.

• Thank you (+1) 1

55 minutes ago, uticaclub said:

those guys wouldn't have intel on a division opponent, a center knows a lot about the offense & the QB, more than most other positions

What? There's a number of guys cut by the Bills that he could have signed...I thought that was obvious, but I guess not.

The Patriots lost their starting center so they were looking for potential depth. Bodine is a center. This isn't some conspiracy. 

Just now, jeremy2020 said:

What? There's a number of guys cut by the Bills that he could have signed...I thought that was obvious, but I guess not.

The Patriots lost their starting center so they were looking for potential depth. Bodine is a center. This isn't some conspiracy. 

Didn't take long for buyer's remorse to set in.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

What is less well known is Beane (aka the Almighty Wizard) inserted a clause into the trade that if the Patriots cut him before week 1 the Bills don't just get a 6th round pick but the Patriots next 8 first round picks. True fact. 

Say it is so ..... :worthy:

2 hours ago, DC Tom said:

It's string theory chess, man.  Belichick's playing Settlers of Catan while everyone else is playing Chutes and Ladders.

Bad example. Settlers is all dice rolling.

24 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

but not any centers, the center knows the most about an offense, sometimes more than the QB. Bodine got a ton of reps at center with Morris being out. We would probably lose anyway, as Belichick is a master game day coach & McDermott has yet to show that skill. This just makes the week 4 go from possible a respectable game to an embarrassment.