Power Rankings

aristocrat

37 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Pats being first is surprising to me.  

I think it is just the "they're the best until someone beats them" thing, but as good as the Pats are, and winning another SB is a huge feat for them and for any team, last year's Pats team seemed to do it with more smoke and mirrors than ever. BB's game plan against the Chiefs in the AFC Championship and his plan against the Rams in the SB are the real reasons that team won last year. Can Bill keep winning with less and less talent every year? So far, yes, but the ride has to end, right? How long can BB and TB12 keep that team going? Hopefully, not much longer. Credit to them, but hopefully it is our turn.

Edited by mykidsdad
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Bangarang said:

Fair

Very respectfully, Bangarang, it is not.  Additionally, I am tired of all the "well, they'll get respect when they win" BS.  This is an analysis of the teams and where they are at right now.

Therefore, I absolutely can't buy any reasonable person looking at this team and saying, "yep, they'll finish one spot worse than last year...that's the way it looks now."

"Well, the Jets have Darnold and he improved, plus they got Bell so..."

Why do the jets get to move up because of year 2 Darnold and Bell and we don't get any improvement with year 2 Allen, and the multiple moves we've made?!

Its BS that they don't acknowledge Allen's improvement. 

Wasn't he 200 yards per game when he got back from injury?  Wasn't he the 2nd highest rated QB (well, maybe fantasy wise, but still) in the last six weeks of the season?  Didn't they go 4-2 down that stretch? Aren't the 2 QBs remaining on this team after last year's debacle 6-5 in games they started and finished?  Didn't the League's number 2 defense only lose 1 player and replace him with a top 10 pick?  Didn't they change 9 positions on offense with guys who are, to say the least, to a man better than the guys they replaced, and therefore, making Allen better?

Do they really mean to tell us that overall this team is only a couple games better than the 4-2 stretch that they put up during the last six games of the season?

Really?...REALLY?!

It is wrong.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

The Jets will always get the benefit of the doubt in the off season. I think the NJ market is so big, and hope blooms eternal for the fanbase, that the media tends to give them just a little bit more offseason credit than they deserve. But that could just be my perception. All in all, I think 20 is about right for us and the Jets, although I think we're a better team from top to bottom. The proof will be in the eating of the pudding as it were. We need a convincing win week one, and then we will see a "real" power ranking list that has at least a little meaning.

6 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Very respectfully, Bangarang, it is not.  Additionally, I am tired of all the "well, they'll get respect when they win" BS.  This is an analysis of the teams and where they are at right now.

Therefore, I absolutely can't buy any reasonable person looking at this team and saying, "yep, they'll finish one spot worse than last year...tat's the way it looks now?"

Why do the jets get to move up because of year 2 Darnold and Bell and we don't get any improvement with year 2 Allen, and the multiple moves we've made?!

Why its BS that they don't acknowledge Allen's improvement? 

Wasn't he 200 yards per game when he got back from injury?  Wasn't he the 2nd highest rated QB (well, maybe fantasy wise, but still) in the last six weeks of the season?  Didn't they go 4-2 down that stretch? Aren't the 2 QBs remaining on this team after last year's debacle 6-5 in games they started and finished?  Didn't the League's number 2 defense only lose 1 player and replace him with a top 10 pick?  Didn't they change 9 positions on offense with guys who are, to say the least, to a man better than the guys they replaced, and therefore, making Allen better?

Do they really mean to tell us that this team is only a couple games better than the 4-2 stretch that they put up during the last stretch of the season?

Really?...REALLY?!

It is wrong.

Dude, not sure how long you've been a Bills fan, but eventually you will learn to pick your battles about what sends you into a rage.  There's plenty of opportunity for that once the games start.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Jobot said:

Dude, not sure how long you've been a Bills fan, but eventually you will learn to pick your battles about what sends you into a rage.  There's plenty of opportunity for that once the games start.

I'm 50, so just short of that, 200 plus in attendance games including the Comeback and the Super Bowl Wide Right and the end of the Miami losing streak, listened with my brother as OJ went over 2000 yards in '73, we were in our shared bedroom.

And there is plenty of opportunity once the games start...and there is just as plenty opportunity right now, too.

It is pure laziness as a writer or critic to not actually look at the teams you are commenting about.  Waiting until the games are played is for suckers and too f***ing easy.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Therefore, I absolutely can't buy any reasonable person looking at this team and saying, "yep, they'll finish one spot worse than last year...that's the way it looks now?"

Do they really mean to tell us that overall this team is only a couple games better than the 4-2 stretch that they put up during the last six games of the season?

Really?...REALLY?!

It is wrong.

Who cares who acknowledges anything...just win, baby!!!?

• Awesome! (+1) 1

2 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

Therefore, I absolutely can't buy any reasonable person looking at this team and saying, "yep, they'll finish one spot worse than last year...that's the way it looks now?"

Really?...REALLY?!

It is wrong.

Taking off the red and blue blinders ... How have the Bills improved?  Allen in 2nd year like Darnold.  Replaced one aging RB for another.  OLine *may* be better but who knows (certainly not a lock), Picked up Beasley in the slot, otherwise receiving is probably a wash,  D is about the same (hard to go up much from last year).  They probably are looking at this season.  Their assessment is just different than yours.  And quite frankly, everyone is guessing at this point.

Edited by CodeMonkey
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, CodeMonkey said:

Taking off the red and blue blinders ... How have the Bills improved?  Allen in 2nd year like Darnold.  Replaced one aging RB for another.  OLine *may* be better but who knows (certainly not a lock), Picked up Beasley in the slot, otherwise receiving is probably a wash,  D is about the same (hard to go up much from last year).  They probably are looking at this season.  Their assessment is just different that yours.  And quite frankly, everyone is guessing at this point.

if you say so.

• Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

I'm 50, so just short of that, 200 plus in attendance games including the Comeback and the Super Bowl Wide Right and the end of the Miami losing streak, listened with my brother as OJ went over 2000 yards in '73, we were in our shared bedroom.

And there is plenty of opportunity once the games start...and there is just as plenty opportunity right now, too.

It is pure laziness as a writer or critic to not actually look at the teams you are commenting about.  Waiting until the games are played is for suckers and too f***ing easy.

Well I hate to break it to ya, but ESPN/NFL websites are looking for 'clicks'... Also, they care more about large market teams, because, more 'clicks'. 

Week 1 can't come soon enough!!!