McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

19 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Oh, please!    McDermott and Beane gave McCoy a big pay raise when they didn't have anybody else on the offense to give the fans hope that the Bills could be competitve.  Allen's replaced him in that role, so McCoy was expendable.  That's not "how the NFL football works" for teams that are truly interested in winning football games and try to amass as much talent as possible under the limits of the cap rather than maximizing profit by minimizing player salaries and paying lip-service to the building a football team that wins consistently.

Beats the crap out of making the playoffs once every every twenty years.  That's the Bills' MO.

Well, that’s one wrong way of looking at it. 

7 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

You know as well as I do that it factored.....because we could not trade him.  You think they didnt try to trade him?

Seems to me if they ate some salary they would have been able to get a pick for him.   

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

At some point you need to get control of yourself.  Comparing the previous Bills regimes to this one makes no sense but you do it over and over again.  And the comments are about the Chiefs and not the Bills.  Reid has built an asymmetric team that will fold in the playoffs like his teams have always done.

How does Reid get this phenomenal reputation when he has had one team in like 20 years make it to the show and then lose?

At some point you need to take off the blinders.   McDermott and Beane have the same losing record over 32 games as Ryan and Whaley and Marrone and Whaley had 15 wins, 17 losses.   McDermott and Beane have built an "asymmetric team" that isn't likely to even make the playoffs except in rare incidents when the moon, planet and stars all align perfectly. 

8 hours ago, mykidsdad said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1168011282693414912?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^tweet

I'm happy for Shady. I wish him the best. He will probably have shot at SB, too.

He had a shot at a Super Bowl in Buffalo too. Bills will win the 2020 Super Bowl before the Chiefs. 

Bills Number 1 Defense plus Bills Number 1 Rushing Offense = 2020 Super Bowl Champions. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SoTier said:

At some point you need to take off the blinders.   McDermott and Beane have the same losing record over 32 games as Ryan and Whaley and Marrone and Whaley had 15 wins, 17 losses.   McDermott and Beane have built an "asymmetric team" that isn't likely to even make the playoffs except in rare incidents when the moon, planet and stars all align perfectly. 

Here is you in a nutshell.  Anything other teams do is great, anything the Bills do is terrible.

His cut and reduction in Pay does not bode well for the position overall.  The NFL has seriously devalued running backs and I think this trend will likely hold firm.  I get it that Shady’s talent may have slipped, some, but he remains an elite talent.  The Bills were overpaying for the position and it was time to move on.  

With that said, the chiefs, absent injury, are going to have a very scary offense. 

55 minutes ago, SoTier said:

Oh, please!    McDermott and Beane gave McCoy a big pay raise when they didn't have anybody else on the offense to give the fans hope that the Bills could be competitve.  Allen's replaced him in that role, so McCoy was expendable.  That's not "how the NFL football works" for teams that are truly interested in winning football games and try to amass as much talent as possible under the limits of the cap rather than maximizing profit by minimizing player salaries and paying lip-service to the building a football team that wins consistently.

Beats the crap out of making the playoffs once every every twenty years.  That's the Bills' MO.

This is true, but most folks who participate here don't want to see or think about that.

The wiling suspension of disbelief runs strong in these parts.

Just now, ScottLaw said:

Yea. The Bills offense will go where Josh Allen goes.... unfortunately don't think they provided the 2nd year QB with the playmakers around him are lacking.

They are counting on the offensive line and Josh to carry the offense.... I expect them to be ranked around 20th overall on offense and the team to be around .500. 

I think that's fair.

Now if Allen really makes a jump and the OL turns out to be dominant, then I could see a top -12 finish.

All in all I think that this offseason was about bolstering the OL and bringing the skill positions up from brutal to stable. 

With the WR talent available in FA and the 2020 draft (which looks to me like it'll be as good if not better than the 2014 WR group), next offseason should most certainly be about loading up at WR.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

This is true, but most folks who participate here don't want to see or think about that.

The wiling suspension of disbelief runs strong in these parts.

The willing belief to lump a team with a new owner coach and GM to 20 years ago defies any logical explanation.

• Like (+1) 2

Great move for Shady and for Chiefs. Feels a little like when Jamal Charles got cut (ironically from  Chiefs) and went to Denver. Still could play, but wasn’t a difference maker anymore. Reid understands his strengths, weaknesses, and psyche and should handle him well during the end of his career.

7 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Yea. The Bills offense will go where Josh Allen goes.... unfortunately don't think they provided the 2nd year QB with enough playmakers around him, unless Foster rebounds off a disappointing preseason and builds off last season. 

They are counting on the offensive line and Josh to carry the offense.... I expect them to be ranked around 20th overall on offense and the team to be around .500. 

Unfortunately I have to agree here. Beane DID appear make us better on offense (hope this is clearly the case),  but what scares me is that there is no one on our offense that will consistently demand double coverage. No one that requires specific game planning for. 

But yes, this will be on Allen.

Hoping he becomes the guy that defenses have to worry about. Or he is able to seriously elevate our WR’s. Or Singletary somehow becomes a beast very quickly..

Not worried about our D (stay healthy!).. but our offense needs to prove that they can scare teams.

I was just listening to KC Joyner on Sirius NFL radio and he was discussing Singletary who he happens to be very bullish on from a fantasy perspective and then they got to talking about Shady.  Joyner has this metric system and one of the metrics he looks at is "when there is good blocking" metric.  Shady ranked 2nd to last in the NFL at what he called an "abysmal" rate.  Also there was a similar metric for screen passes when there was "good blocking" from the team and again Shady ranked in the bottom 5 of the league.  He mentioned how in just about every category metric they look at he was exceptionally poor this past year.

I'm a fan of shady and thought he was a great teammate but he did have an awful year this year and it wasnt all the line's fault as dome have suggested.  

Edited by Magox

4 minutes ago, Playoffs? said:

Unfortunately I have to agree here. Beane DID appear make us better on offense (hope this is clearly the case),  but what scares me is that there is no one on our offense that will consistently demand double coverage. No one that requires specific game planning for. 

But yes, this will be on Allen.

Hoping he becomes the guy that defenses have to worry about. Or he is able to seriously elevate our WR’s. Or Singletary somehow becomes a beast very quickly..

Not worried about our D (stay healthy!).. but our offense needs to prove that they can scare teams.

I agree.  But Shady at this point in his career isn’t forcing the opposition to game plan for him either.

There is only so much you can do in one off season.  I think the smartest thing they did is to revamp the O line.  Especially given the paucity of O line talent in the league.  Hopefully that triggers a better run and pass game.

Love the armchair GMs that would solve all of the Bills’ issues by simply GETTING ELITE OFFENSIVE PLAYMAKERS. Sheesh, this is so simple and obvious, it’s just plain a dereliction of duty that McBeane didn’t get it done!

Fun bonus points for those GMs that feel entitled to every free agent and lambasted the front office for attempting to trade for Antonio Brown. 

This was going to be Shady's last year with the Bills anyway.  And with the number of RB's they added, it was going to be RBBC.  The Bills did him a favor by allowing him to latch-on with the Chefs.  Good luck to him (unless the Bills face the Chefs in the playoffs).