McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

On 9/1/2019 at 12:41 AM, John from Riverside said:

You know as well as I do that it factored.....because we could not trade him.  You think they didnt try to trade him?

Does it matter? It was the last year of his contract and we had the room. Now, we have really old Gore and a unproven Devin.  People are missing when McCoy was on all cylinders he could alone basically win you 2 games a season with poor QB play.

What does a trade matter anyways?

I'm sure the Chiefs are Happy. McCoy was prob wheeling and dealing with teams all day. I'm happy for him and will still enjoy watching his ankle breaking runs.

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Real McCoy said:

Does it matter? It was the last year of his contract and we had the room. Now, we have really old Gore and a unproven Devin.  People are missing when McCoy was on all cylinders he could alone basically win you 2 games a season with poor QB play.

I'm sure the Chiefs are Happy. McCoy was prob wheeling and dealing with teams all day. I'm happy for him and will still enjoy watching his ankle breaking runs.

Ohh and F Yeldon.

So....I realize this is going to come as a shock....but McCoy....no spring chicken

IT WAS A BAD CONTRACT...you know how NFL football works...down year last year (not all his fault)

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

So....I realize this is going to come as a shock....but McCoy....no spring chicken

IT WAS A BAD CONTRACT...you know how NFL football works...down year last year (not all his fault)

You miss the point that the contract was Mute unless we are bringing in say Clowney and signing him on a multi mill deal. He served his time, played damn well here and got screwed as we set him up to fail at the QB and O-line last year. 

I would understand your contract point if it actually meant something but it doesn't at all. You make it sound like the NFL and owners are struggling financially due to the cap they set for a reason? Should I feel bad about Pegulas $ when it has zero impact on the team this year?  Hell no, all we know is Gore is OLD AF and DEVIN is Unproven.  

We knew what McCoy looked liked behind a good O-line prior? 

Edited by Real McCoy
  • Like (+1) 4

30 minutes ago, That's No Moon said:

This obliterated several fantasy teams. Damien Williams was going in the 2nd round in fantasy drafts. Shady was in the 8th. Now they are sharing work to some extent but nobody knows how much. If you took Williams that high you are pissed. 

Imagine if you took Williams and Luck. There have to be more than a few teams with that.

It’s foolish to draft before cutdown day. 

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, StHustle said:

My thoughts exactly. My league always drafts the Sunday after cutdown day. I don't understand the rush of these other foolish leagues.

Tuesday should be fun for me: 4 pm, 7 pm, and 8:15 drafts (all auction) for my 3 leagues this year. Not looking forward to work on Wednesday..

I took Williams in my draft. And I wanted the Bills to keep Shady. What a ***** Saturday.

Ah well, got one more draft left and will be targeting Singletary for sure.

19 minutes ago, StHustle said:

My thoughts exactly. My league always drafts the Sunday after cutdown day. I don't understand the rush of these other foolish leagues.

Because ten years pass and then there are kids, work, etc. Sometimes just finding a time that the entire league can all be available for a live draft is the best you can do. I'd rather have a live draft in late August than a late draft after cut-day with three fools auto-drafting. 

Edited by Nelius

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Got no problem with this and good luck to Shady

but like I said......follow the money.   We were paying him NINE MILLION DOLLARS this year....signed a contract for 3 Million

If you would have offered us that deal he would probably still be here.

I think it was more about having touches for Singletary. I think Beane believes he is more than just a guy. He's the future. 

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Got no problem with this and good luck to Shady

but like I said......follow the money.   We were paying him NINE MILLION DOLLARS this year....signed a contract for 3 Million

If you would have offered us that deal he would probably still be here.

Surprised no one made the correction. His salary was 6MM, not 9MM. So, 4MM from the Chiefs with a possible SB run and a wide open offense that will allow him to run against less stacked boxes. Its a good situation for him. I wish him well. I just don't forgive him for spoiling Endgame.

• Like (+1) 1