McCoy to Chiefs

mykidsdad

1 hour ago, StHustle said:

My thoughts exactly. My league always drafts the Sunday after cutdown day. I don't understand the rush of these other foolish leagues.

Some of the fantasy “experts” had drafts right after the NFL draft.  I was listening to the Sirius XM fantasy channel back then and they were conducting one.  Made no sense to do it then.

2 hours ago, That's No Moon said:

This obliterated several fantasy teams. Damien Williams was going in the 2nd round in fantasy drafts. Shady was in the 8th. Now they are sharing work to some extent but nobody knows how much. If you took Williams that high you are pissed. 

Imagine if you took Williams and Luck. There have to be more than a few teams with that.

Shady won't see that many touches. Williams will get the workload. 

Good luck to him. Yes a down year last season, but overall he played pretty well and was fun to watch. He also bought in after being unexpectedly traded, which even with the new contract, wasn’t a given. Nice that he gets to rejoin Reid also. 

So why not trade Shady instead of cutting him.  We got something for friggin Bodine, after all.

My theory is, since if he was traded the new team picks up his full salary, there weren't many takers for even a mid-round pick, and the Bills didn't want to embarrass him by trading him for a 6th or 7th.  So they cut him instead, which except for a paycut which shouldn't matter that much at this point in his career, puts him onto the best team in football.  I'm sure getting cut hurts for him, but he'll feel a lot happier right quick.

I will miss him.  He is not what he used to be, but what he used to be was really special.  The fourth best Bills RB of all time, which doesn't sound impressive, but that's after Simpson, Thomas, and Gilchrist.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Utah John said:

So why not trade Shady instead of cutting him.  We got something for friggin Bodine, after all.

My theory is, since if he was traded the new team picks up his full salary, there weren't many takers for even a mid-round pick, and the Bills didn't want to embarrass him by trading him for a 6th or 7th.  So they cut him instead, which except for a paycut which shouldn't matter that much at this point in his career, puts him onto the best team in football.  I'm sure getting cut hurts for him, but he'll feel a lot happier right quick.

I will miss him.  He is not what he used to be, but what he used to be was really special.  The fourth best Bills RB of all time, which doesn't sound impressive, but that's after Simpson, Thomas, and Gilchrist.

Salary was too high

3 hours ago, Real McCoy said:

You miss the point that the contract was Mute unless we are bringing in say Clowney and signing him on a multi mill deal. He served his time, played damn well here and got screwed as we set him up to fail at the QB and O-line last year. 

I would understand your contract point if it actually meant something but it doesn't at all. You make it sound like the NFL and owners are struggling financially due to the cap they set for a reason? Should I feel bad about Pegulas $ when it has zero impact on the team this year?  Hell no, all we know is Gore is OLD AF and DEVIN is Unproven.  

We knew what McCoy looked liked behind a good O-line prior? 

PREACH?

18 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

Salary was too high

Everybody is spending the Pegulas money ?

4 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Got no problem with this and good luck to Shady

but like I said......follow the money.   We were paying him NINE MILLION DOLLARS this year....signed a contract for 3 Million

If you would have offered us that deal he would probably still be here.

Then it's obviously not about money----the Bills simply didn't want him around anymore.

He'll fit right in with Andy Reid's "culture"...

2 minutes ago, Joe in Winslow said:

So much angst in this thread for an old and now overrated RUNNING BACK.

It's just same old Bills is all. There will probably be a good 9 former Bills that Beane let go in the playoffs this year - just like last year - while our guys spend January and February golfing.

Edited by BullBuchanan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2

44 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

It's just same old Bills is all. There will probably be a good 9 former Bills that Beane let go in the playoffs this year - just like last year - while our guys spend January and February golfing.

Right. Why do you bother watching?

• Like (+1) 6