'Hawks deep in talks with Texans to acquire Clowney (the Trade is complete)

HOUSE

5 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

A 3rd round pick for a rental of Clowney with loads of cap space? 

Im all for that. This is a big year for GM/HC combo.... at least it should be. Need to have a big year. Clowney transforms the defense.... but they are invested in Murphy, who stinks.

I don't think you understand that Clowney chose where he went. Houston screwed up. If they tried to trade him to a team he didn't want to play for he wouldn't have ever signed his tag. That's why Seattle got him for peanuts. He wanted to go there or Philly.

• Thank you (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Nah just saying the Bills have a pretty mediocre roster and could use a guy like Clowney.... but the regime seems comfortable with what they have. Hopefully they are right.?? 

I guess you still don't understand the Clowney situation. At this point I assume it's because you don't want to because it doesn't fit your narrative.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, HappyDays said:

I don't think you understand that Clowney chose where he went. Houston screwed up. If they tried to trade him to a team he didn't want to play for he wouldn't have ever signed his tag. That's why Seattle got him for peanuts. He wanted to go there or Philly.

So they call his bluff and they get a 3rd round pick when he leaves as a FA.  

50 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

It's a pretty below average team offensively with a solid defense that struggles to pressure the QB. 

Looks like a 7-8 win team to me due to the lack of offensive playmakers. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. ? 

You must be kidding.  Their front seven is unreal.  And they have Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett and a great RB in Carson.  They are my NFC Super Bowl pick.

6 hours ago, ScottLaw said:

It's a pretty below average team offensively with a solid defense that struggles to pressure the QB. 

Looks like a 7-8 win team to me due to the lack of offensive playmakers. Here's to hoping I'm wrong. ? 

This. I’m a little more hopeful than you, but this is a team with *zero* upper-tier offensive players except maybe Morse, and he’s shaky given the concussion issue. I like Brown, but he’s no AJ Green. 

6 hours ago, mannc said:

You must be kidding.  Their front seven is unreal.  And they have Russell Wilson, Tyler Lockett and a great RB in Carson.  They are my NFC Super Bowl pick.

Yeah, I like them for the SB too.  They are a good team.

Edited by dave mcbride

6 hours ago, mannc said:

Their front 7 isn't very good outside of Clowney to be honest.

In fact, their D is largely suspect IMO.

13 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

The bills do not have a "mediocre" roster on defense.....the Roster is actually pretty good.

I always enjoy watching you two go back and forth. It’s like Superman vs Lex Luthor or Batman vs the Joker. For the record I tend to see things your way. Particularly in this instance. I would of loved Clowney for a similar deal the Seahawks got. Fact is he wasn’t coming here. Beane values a third round pick to much for a guy who tells him, you got me for a season. Not to mention nothing about Clowney’s behavior this off-season  points to a team first type of guy.

i like the talent on D. I think they are building something the next several seasons. Not to mention maybe Johnson can develop into something special. 

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

Their front 7 isn't very good outside of Clowney to be honest.

In fact, their D is largely suspect IMO.

So you don’t like Bobby Wagner or Jarran Reed?

1 hour ago, ScottLaw said:

I'm talking about the Bills.

Well, I disagree about that too...

4 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Jarran Reed was ok as a rookie; though I thought I saw that he fell out of favor recently.

Wagner is great. You need more than he and Clowney though 

Reed was way better than OK.  As a third year player last year, he had 10.5 sacks as an interior lineman and generally wreaked havoc.  He did not “fall out of favor”; he’s on a six game “personal conduct” suspension to start this year.

Edited by mannc