Bodine traded to the Patriots for a 6th round pick

HappyDays

Just now, Kelly the Dog said:

So the Patriots are going to tie him to a chair under a single light bulb and threaten to kill him and his entire family unless he gives them secrets about their own offense? Daboll runs the Patriots offense.

Can you see Bodine on the torture rack with Belichick saying....tell me about the Bills Offense you mother *****.  Tell me all you know....  Bodine saying--gee boss I swear its the same; I swear its the same.

This trade happened because the offenses are the same...A center needs to  make the line calls for Christ's sake.  This knowledge got the Bills a 6th.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Shows how desperate teams are for OL help across the league.  

You can mask it to an extent with scheme and QB play, but there aren’t but a handful of teams that are solid across the board on the line, with depth/versatility. 

We just may be.  

Dawkins - Feliciano - Morse - Ford - Nsehke

Long - Boettger - Bates

EDIT - Forgot about Spain

Just have to hope they gel quick because that, potentially, starting OL hasn’t been able to play together in any of the preseason games. 

Edited by SCBills

1 minute ago, SCBills said:

Shows how desperate teams are for OL help across the league.  

You can mask it to an extent with scheme and QB play, but there aren’t but a handful of teams that are solid across the board on the line, with depth/versatility. 

We just may be.  

Dawkins - Feliciano - Morse - Ford - Nsehke

Long - Boettger - Bates

Just have to hope they gel quick because that, potentially, starting OL hasn’t been able to play together in any of the preseason games. 

Spain?

9 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

As much as I am opposed to trading to the Patriots... This just seems like a win... 

6 minutes ago, VW82 said:

I can't believe we did this. If we cut Bodine and he signs with the Pats then so be it. 6th round pick is not worth the kind of intel he'll give our biggest rival. The last guy I want on that team is the center who's been helping groom our young QB. Very ballsy move by Beane.

My first reaction was WOW, they get a 6th for Bodine?  My second reaction was, they traded a CENTER to NE, are they crazy? What players should know the offense better than the QB and center?

But I think Kelly and the others are probably right. It's basically the Pats* offense.  Still, there are a few downsides to this, but there are to most every trade.

• Like (+1) 2

4 minutes ago, Element115 said:

I can only think a team like the Pats would give up a 6th because they feel Bodine would be picked up on waivers before they got the opportunity to grab him.

Since they would be team 32 out of 32 that's a pretty good bet.  Teams need olinemen and Beane said they had been fielding calls from teams since they have so much depth.

Just now, thebandit27 said:

For those keeping track, this gives Buffalo 9 picks in 2020:

1st

2nd

3rd

4th

5th + Cleveland's 5th

6th + Cleveland's 6th + Baltimore's 6th (via NE)

Buffalo's 7th belongs to Cleveland from the Corey Coleman trade

Bout to get a 7th back for that Kicker. Mark my words. 

13 minutes ago, Rocket94 said:

Good. More ammunition for mid round draft trade ups.

hahaha, i don't even know if you were being sarcastic, but i read it in a super dour jaded bills fan voice (my own perhaps) and it was a cynical joy.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Element115 said:

Then I am baffled as to why the Pats would do this...

Because no other FA center is going to know their offense from day 1 with little or no study necessary.  That was worth a 6th to them and I can understand it.

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, Element115 said:

Then I am baffled as to why the Pats would do this...

Bodine was a 4 year starter and other teams need a backup center just like the Pats*.

They are desperate after their last Center injury.

The good thing is IF the Bills face him this season, EVERYONE on the Bills DL knows how to beat him.