Does Tyree Jackson Remind anyone of Collin Kaepernick?

mykidsdad

2 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

People forget how quickly Kaepernick took the league by storm.  He'd kill you with both his arm and legs his first few seasons.  You had respected NFL analysts saying he might be among the greatest to play the game by the time his career is over.  Then Harbaugh left and his career went downhill as quickly as it launched.

His biggest issue on the field was a change in interpretation of the rule about running QBs. When he was effective the defensive players were afraid to hit him unless they knew he had the ball- the one off-season the NFL said if he was running misdirection and might have ball he was free game to be hit he went down hill quick. 

2 hours ago, Bevis said:

He walks like he's always injured, not sure what's up with that.

He did bang up his knee pretty good during the 2017 season at UB.  But i think it just takes a lot of effort to move his huge frame around. He's like a big Lurch. If he's not scrambling, he's lumbering around.

Overall i don't think he makes it.   EJ Manuel didn't come close to making it as a legit NFL starter and he was a more consistent passer than Tyree.  He just doesn't read the field that well and when he delivers the ball it's often inaccurate or a blanketed receiver.

I was watching another undrafted rookie QB, Trace McSorley, last night with the Ravens and he looks pretty good.  If you could combine Trace's abilities with Tyree's physical tools, you'd have a helluva QB.

Kaepernik was MUCH further ahead in his development than Tyree, and there were still things he couldn't do well.  Both are tall (Tyree - really tall), athletic and have big arms.  Tyree is more likable.  

4 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

People forget how quickly Kaepernick took the league by storm.  He'd kill you with both his arm and legs his first few seasons.  You had respected NFL analysts saying he might be among the greatest to play the game by the time his career is over.  Then Harbaugh left and his career went downhill as quickly as it launched.

Ron Jaworski said CK was going to be the best qb ever! Now he was wrong but CK was dominant his first couple of years.  Even in his “bad” year, he had a 16 td to 4 int. 

I think Jackson has every single physical tool you need as qb.  He’s just not that refined.  Plus, for whatever reason, it is really hard for tall qbs.  I still really hope they give him a shot on the practice squad though.  

Also shout out out to the non sheep who were able to do what the OP asked.  Same people who brought up the other stuff are the same ❄️ who cry about him being talked about too much. 

29 minutes ago, zow2 said:

He did bang up his knee pretty good during the 2017 season at UB.  But i think it just takes a lot of effort to move his huge frame around. He's like a big Lurch. If he's not scrambling, he's lumbering around.

Overall i don't think he makes it.   EJ Manuel didn't come close to making it as a legit NFL starter and he was a more consistent passer than Tyree.  He just doesn't read the field that well and when he delivers the ball it's often inaccurate or a blanketed receiver.

I was watching another undrafted rookie QB, Trace McSorley, last night with the Ravens and he looks pretty good.  If you could combine Trace's abilities with Tyree's physical tools, you'd have a helluva QB.

EJ would have the highest career qb rating on the Bills right now. ?

5 hours ago, Doc Brown said:

Correct. But for a little perspective, the highlights reel from Kaep's first rookie preseason appearance. The first two clips, you see the huge talent. The next 4 or 5, you see a confused rookie. You could probably say the same about all rookie QBs with a few very rare exceptions like Russell Wilson.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/09000d5d8216df66/Kaepernick-makes-his-49ers-debut

5 hours ago, vincec said:

It's crazy. He took his team to the Super Bowl and now he's being compared to a guy who has debatable qualifications to even make the practice quad.

I take it as indicating people see a similarity in body type and overall playing style, not in skill level.

It's sort of like when we compare Allen to a young Big Ben or Cam Newton - Allen didn't bring the same pedigree or skill level into the league, but there is some similarity in body type, attitude, and playing style and we hope he'll grow into it

My viewpoint anyway on what's meant

I was actually taken aback by how overall awkward Tyree looked at times last night.  I was expecting a smoother and more polished athlete.  He looked as though he had to focus not to trip over his own feet at times.