QB Tyree Jackson likely to start preseason finale

HOUSE

19 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

He's big, can run, don't know about catching and blocking but it worked for Logan Thomas, one thing is for sure, he's not a QB

Is there more than one Logan Thomas?  I would not call the first Logan a success.  He hung around for a few years but not a star TE.

Edited by Just Joshin'

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is why preseason sucks.  I watched the guy for 3 years at UB.  Legit has all the physical nfl talent in the world.  But because he is struggling to transition to the nfl which getting less than 1/3 of the snaps, he sucks and has no future.

he is the definition of a developmental qb.  But let’s give him for Alex Tanney who has no good nfl skills. 

I mean yeah his physical gifts are off the charts but I did foresee this and got called out 10 million times when I said he wasn't draftable

Physically he has everything you want but is lacking in almost all other departments

I want him to succeed but this doesn't surprise me

3 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

This is why preseason sucks.  I watched the guy for 3 years at UB.  Legit has all the physical nfl talent in the world.  But because he is struggling to transition to the nfl which getting less than 1/3 of the snaps, he sucks and has no future.

he is the definition of a developmental qb.  But let’s give him for Alex Tanney who has no good nfl skills. 

I agree 100%.  I don't understand the hatred for this guy, who obviously has a number of NFL-caliber tools and was a productive college QB.  As you point out, he gets few snaps in practice and he's thrown out there with third stringers.  Not saying he's played great, but for FFS, there's no reason to write the guy off forever.   

3 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

I plan to watch the dawning of the Matt Myers Era over at UB Stadium Thursday against a tomato can called Robert Morris. (I guess Villa Maria was busy.) It's on ESPN+ Thursday. I'll watch the Bills on replay after.

I'll be there and don't kick RM

It wasn't but a while ago that UB lost to Albany

8 minutes ago, mannc said:

I agree 100%.  I don't understand the hatred for this guy, who obviously has a number of NFL-caliber tools and was a productive college QB.  As you point out, he gets few snaps in practice and he's thrown out there with third stringers.  Not saying he's played great, but for FFS, there's no reason to write the guy off forever.   

He was super productive his last year

His RS SO year he was outplayed by UBs backup. He is physically super gifted but has alot of mental lapses

10 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

It wasn't but a while ago that UB lost to Albany

He was super productive his last year

His RS SO year he was outplayed by UBs backup. He is physically super gifted but has alot of mental lapses

Understood.  Bottom line is, I'd rather give a practice squad spot to a guy like Jackson who has NFL-caliber tools than a more polished guy like Jeff Tuel, who might be more game-ready, but has a very low ceiling.  

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mannc said:

Understood.  Bottom line is, I'd rather give a practice squad spot to a guy like Jackson who has NFL-caliber tools than a more polished guy like Jeff Tuel, who might be more game-ready, but has a very low ceiling.  

He definitely deserves a year on the PS because with his size and athletic ability you never know

He was great for the program and the first day he stepped on campus I circled 2018 as MAC champions

unfortunately that fell short but he did take big strides from year 3-4 which did out him on the map

Edited by Buffalo716
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ChattanoogaBills said:

I've been impressed with sloter for the last two preseasons... I might put about 300 on Minnesota. Im seriously debating it.

Sloter looked great against Seattle last week. I'm assuming he's playing btw. I have some down on Minnesota money line but thought about giving the 3 points. Tyree looks bad to me, not even close to being worth a team investing a practice squad spot in IMO. He may need to go to CFL/AFL/XFL and work.

Edited by 2020 Our Year For Sure

21 hours ago, bilzfancy said:

Let him play the whole game, it just may be the last time he sees an NFL field, I see nothing that suggests he has what it takes to be a QB in the NFL, maybe a move to TE would be a good move for him.

Hey he is an undrafted free agent... They take time to develop. Of course he was gonna struggle... It's be foolish to think he wouldn't. 

And a switch to TE would take his best football trait away... Arm strength.

6 hours ago, StHustle said:

Tyree got very few reps in training camp...then gets put on the field with very subpar talent around him who also got very few reps in TC. But yeah let's not consider that and rag on him for not looking like an NFL QB. 

Come on, it doesn't matter what talent he has around him. If you watch him you see terrible decision making, no accuracy, and a propensity to tuck it and run it instead of scanning the field and making throws.

Josh Allen last year, on the other hand, truly was hurt by a lack of talent around him, specifically oline talent. He made tough throws into tight windows, made good decisions often (obviously not always), and showed that he could stick in the pocket and go through progressions. Allen had flaws, but he showed a ton of ability and Nobody would be ragging on Jackson if he showed even a little ability to be an NFL QB. He just hasn't.

• Like (+1) 1

22 hours ago, DJB said:

I say play a drinking game. Take a swig whenever Tyree makes a terrible throw. 

Ill be pinned by half time i think hopefully and be able to watch the rest of the game. 

I'll be there to watch Tyree's last throws in the NFL. I will not be playing a drinking game at the stadium. Between Tyree's bad throws and beer prices, it would cost me in the thousands of dollars.

At this point I'm assuming their mind is pretty much made up of who's making the final 53.  My main focus may be on the punter.  Should be a fun night.

15 hours ago, mannc said:

Because some fans thought they got a steal when we signed him as an undrafted free agent and were even predicting he beats Barkley out for the backup role.  People hate being wrong.