Zay Jones’ Dad - an “Interesting” follow

YoloinOhio

i admit that I had heard he was a bit outspoken on twitter and went after some media people if they tweeted something negative about Zay, but I never looked into it or followed him myself. It’s somewhat common these days for family members to get on social media and defend players. Kind of a dumb tweet by zay’s dad though and I know he played in the league and this isn’t even about Zay but come on ... talking crap about the fan base of a team your kid plays for?

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

His dad is immature and lacks impulse control.  Same spat with Sullivan last year.

@Alphadawg7 I would not be shocked if Zay isn't on the team opening day!

He's losing reps, played into the 2nd half in game 3 and now his dad is criticizing the fan base.  

Can’t help but wonder if they actually want him to be traded 

He has a point, but he should also know that all sports fans are flawed human beings.  To be human is to be flawed, and sports fans don't get a pass.  It usually doesn't help to dump on a whole group of people for the actions of a few.  Just challenge us to be better, like coaches do to players all the time.

Edited by TigerJ

5 minutes ago, Buffalo_Stampede said:

Nevermind. I don't understand what was said about Cole or what he even did.

I haven't followed fan reaction myself, but I can imagine that a bunch dumped on Cole Beasley for the drive killing drop he had in the Detroit game.

16 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

I want Zay off of this team... ZaySAP.

Why? Was it because he dropped that one ball in a meaningless preseason game?

Edited by MJS

1 minute ago, Cripple Creek said:

Take it up with the HC who benched him after the fumble.

I, personally, haven't seen any fan overreaction, but, I'm not a twitter. 

Me neither but given it was preseason I didn’t expect any. Not sure where he saw it 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Stank_Nasty said:

is there a lot of people talking sh** on beasely?.... I forgot about that fumble about 5 minutes after it happened.

Same here. Not like he has a history of it. He’s proven to have great chemistry with Allen so far. One of my favorite off season additions. Everyone fumbles in their football career.  

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i admit that I had heard he was a bit outspoken on twitter and went after some media people if they tweeted something negative about Zay, but I never looked into it or followed him myself. It’s somewhat common these days for family members to get on social media and defend players. Kind of a dumb tweet by zay’s dad though and I know he played in the league and this isn’t even about Zay but come on ... talking crap about the fan base of a team your kid plays for?

It could be worse, he could be LaVar Ball. 

• Like (+1) 1