Zay Jones’ Dad - an “Interesting” follow

YoloinOhio

24 minutes ago, Mrbojanglezs said:

If I remember correctly his mom was outspoken too right?

I bet they were a PITA during little league sports. (The yelling and screaming from sideline types)

I think his mom tweeted that zay had to tell KB where to line up 

• Thank you (+1) 1

He was a key part of the 92 and 93 Cowboys Super Bowl teams.  I think we all can appreciate his reaction to the stuff he has read about all of his sons on social media.  Caleyb, Zay and Levi have all railed on a bit at various times over the last 3 or 4 years in the press and on social media.  I know it comes with the territory of being in the limelight, but its still his sons.  He is far from LaVar Ball as @The Jokeman pointed out.  He is more of being a dad trying to defend his sons.

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I think his mom tweeted that zay had to tell KB where to line up 

Its tough to learn plays when you fall asleep in position meetings and the position coach does nothing about it....gonna leave this here...

Man... I thought worthless players talking ***** was bad... it’s even worse when a worthless players parents talk *****.

can someone make a super cut of all the easy drops Zay’s had in the past two years, mixed in with him trying to jump out a window naked, and send it to this guy... 

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

A large majority yes....but someone like Zay's dad will get more notice.  He needs to be an adult about this.

I am not defending him.  He shouldn't be on twitter..but its really hard to not react when its your kids....

41 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

i admit that I had heard he was a bit outspoken on twitter and went after some media people if they tweeted something negative about Zay, but I never looked into it or followed him myself. It’s somewhat common these days for family members to get on social media and defend players. Kind of a dumb tweet by zay’s dad though and I know he played in the league and this isn’t even about Zay but come on ... talking crap about the fan base of a team your kid plays for?

I am reading those tweets in the voice of John Witherspoon as Mr. Jones (coincidentally enough) from the movie, "Friday."

Image result for dad on friday

• Haha (+1) 4
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, JoeF said:

I am not defending him.  He shouldn't be on twitter..but its really hard to not react when its your kids....

I get that but now he's commenting on players that are not his son.  Obviously an indirect dig at the fans in defense of his son but IMO, that's where he makes himself look foolish. 

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Not at the table Karlos said:

She wasn’t lying. He had to do it a bunch of times from what I could see on tv.

Think about it.  A second year receiver was relied upon to be the leader in the room when a lazy vet who should have been a leader was basically just collecting a paycheck and putting forth little or no effort and a position coach did little or nothing to discipline him.  Chad Hall is there for a reason.  So are Cole Beasley and John Brown.  This was more than just a talent infusion it was a bad room. 

6 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I have a kid myself and I would think getting into a Twitter spat with fans and media would just embarrass my son.  

Like I said, he shouldn't be on twitter...but I am not going crucify him or criticize him for biting back, just going to ignore it and take it for what it is-- a dad...

Edited by JoeF

17 minutes ago, JoeF said:

Think about it.  A second year receiver was relied upon to be the leader in the room when a lazy vet who should have been a leader was basically just collecting a paycheck and putting forth little or no effort and a position coach did little or nothing to discipline him.  Chad Hall is there for a reason.  So are Cole Beasley and John Brown.  This was more than just a talent infusion it was a bad room. 

Like I said, he shouldn't be on twitter...but I am not going crucify him or criticize him for biting back, just going to ignore it and take it for what it is-- a dad...

I'm not going to crucify him either....it's just a bad look.