Zay Jones’ Dad - an “Interesting” follow

YoloinOhio

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

His dad is immature and lacks impulse control.  Same spat with Sullivan last year.

@Alphadawg7 I would not be shocked if Zay isn't on the team opening day!

He's losing reps, played into the 2nd half in game 3 and now his dad is criticizing the fan base.  

Pops RG II 1/8 take two.......who needs these meddling mouthpieces?.....

Just now, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

Wait. What? Why? The family didn’t sign a contract. Zay did. It’s crazy they should be considered to have any obligation. This is identical to colts fans thinking luck owed them something. Would it be better? Probably, but that isn’t our prerogative.  

Never said they were contractually obligated—I said their families should play along in order to minimize things like exactly this—none of which actually helps their player in any way, or? Zay needs to be focused on what he needs to do on the field, not on having to worry about what the old man is doing to gain unwanted negative attention. Maybe I’m thinking a little too old school about the issue though. :flirt:

8 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

His dad is immature and lacks impulse control.  Same spat with Sullivan last year.

@Alphadawg7 I would not be shocked if Zay isn't on the team opening day!

He's losing reps, played into the 2nd half in game 3 and now his dad is criticizing the fan base.  

he's not gonna be held accountable for one of his family members actions.  That definitely would not be a good look for the team.  Maybe they should start suspending players if their parents get DWIs

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

he's not gonna be held accountable for one of his family members actions.  That definitely would not be a good look for the team.  Maybe they should start suspending players if their parents get DWIs

He took a shot at Bills fans, the team that his son plays for.  It’s a lot different than a parent getting a DWI.

One of the major topics in drafting Lonzo Ball was his father.  Magic Johnson had to tell Lavar to calm it down at one point.

Its not about being held accountable, it’s just a stress they may not want to deal with.

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He took a shot at Bills fans, the team that his son plays for.  It’s a lot different than a parent getting a DWI.

One of the major topics in drafting Lonzo Ball was his father.  Magic Johnson had to tell Lavar to calm it down at one point.

Its not about being held accountable, it’s just a stress they may not want to deal with.

You're right his dad saying something mean on twitteris much worse than his dad actually breaking the law.  Really?  People on this message board may care, but obviously not all of us.  His dad is over the top emotion, much like some people on here apparently are.  You think players would sign here if they did something like that.  Lol.

Not only has he said all the right things he's done everything that's been asked of him that's what matters

Edited by formerlyofCtown

2 minutes ago, formerlyofCtown said:

You're right his dad saying something mean on twitteris much worse than his dad actually breaking the law.  Really?  People on this message board may care, but obviously not all of us.  His dad is over the top emotion, much like some people on here apparently are.  You think players would sign here if they did something like that.  Lol.

Yes his father going off on twitter like that has much more chance to effect Zay's career than him getting a DWI. He certainly isn't helping his son's image amongst the fans, which CAN effect Zay's play on the field. You think players arent affected by their image amongst fans? Especially an emotional guy like Zay?

11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

Mama Jones is a hoot at times.  Zay tried to zing her about dropping her cooking and she zinged back “no surprise you drop everything”

rough family  lol.

Hope Zay finds his footing, whether it be with the Bills or elsewhere.

9 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Exhibit A as to why professional athletes really should avoid social media. Too much noise, too many trolls. It’s not worth the stress. Life’s too short to worry about what a few keyboard warriors say. 

Only if they're insecure creampuffs with no sense of reality or self-control should they avoid social media.

3 minutes ago, Wayne Arnold said:

Only if they're insecure creampuffs with no sense of reality or self-control should they avoid social media.

Insecure creampuffs are the exact personality type drawn to social media, and needing that for their own validation.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, StHustle said:

Yes his father going off on twitter like that has much more chance to effect Zay's career than him getting a DWI. He certainly isn't helping his son's image amongst the fans, which CAN effect Zay's play on the field. You think players arent affected by their image amongst fans? Especially an emotional guy like Zay?

Lol its funny you guys actually believe that.  The only thing that matters is if he can contribute.  If they do trade him it will have nothing to do with this.

1 hour ago, Sig1Hunter said:

Insecure creampuffs are the exact personality type drawn to social media, and needing that for their own validation.

That way they can hide behind their keyboard and monitor.

2 hours ago, formerlyofCtown said:

Not only has he said all the right things he's done everything that's been asked of him that's what matters

You’re completely missing the point.

Okay so a DWI is worse in general, I agree.  That’s no issue to the Buffalo Bills.  But a father going on social media, taking shots at fans isn’t a good look.  

So if Zays dad takes it further and saints “Zay wants out of Buffalo.  He wants to play with a better QB, better coach and fan base”

Since it’s not a DUI, not that big of a deal right?

2 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Okay so a DWI is worse in general, I agree.  That’s no issue to the Buffalo Bills.  But a father going on social media, taking shots at fans isn’t a good look.  

So if Zays dad takes it further and saints “Zay wants out of Buffalo.  He wants to play with a better QB, better coach and fan base”

Holy speculation.  Has his dad also been colluding with Russia as well huh.  I agree his dads an ass hat, but most fans arent going to care.  Much like myself they will at least agree that their are some questionable fans.  Even on this board.  He should not have generalised, but you and anyone else that feels this way needs to toughen up and not be so thin skinned.

I'm picturing a 15 year old pimpley fat kid behind a keyboard.

Lol...Living in LA I am thrilled to be done with the LaVar ball era.  

Someone should let Robert Jones know that he aint LaVar and neither him, his son, or even Buffalo is relevant enough for him to get the attention he seems to be seeking lol.  

At the end of the day, maybe he should keep quiet until his son can backup his fathers bravado on the field and not drop perfect TD strikes in preseason and maybe look for the ball on great passes for what should have been a first down.  Just saying.

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

End of the day it doesn’t matter what his father says. Either Zay performs or he doesn’t the rest of it is irrelevant. 

Not sure why anyone would care one way or the other.

Just now, formerlyofCtown said:

Holy speculation.  Has his dad also been colluding with Russia as well huh.  I agree his dads an ass hat, but most fans arent going to care.  Much like myself they will at least agree that their are some questionable fans.  Even on this board.  He should not have generalised, but you and anyone else that feels this way needs to toughen up and not be so thin skinned.

I'm picturing a 15 year old pimpley fat kid behind a keyboard.

Yeah you bringing up a DWI wasn’t speculation.

LOL...you think I’m a 15 year old pimpley kid?

You're calling out toughness on the internet?

1 minute ago, billieve420 said:

End of the day it doesn’t matter what his father says. Either Zay performs or he doesn’t the rest of it is irrelevant. 

Not sure why anyone would care one way or the other.

I even said I believe Zay makes the team.

I just simply said it isn’t a good look.

10 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Yeah you bringing up a DWI wasn’t speculation.

LOL...you think I’m a 15 year old pimpley kid?

You're calling out toughness on the internet?

I even said I believe Zay makes the team.

I just simply said it isn’t a good look.

No thats called a comparison.  

Lol.  What does it matter what I think.  No Im talking about not being thin skinned.  You know sticks and stones may break my bones.... 

You're easily offended as are a lot of people now days.

My response to what he said is along the lines of "take a Zanyx dude" Lol.

1 minute ago, formerlyofCtown said:

No thats called a comparison.  

Lol.  What does it matter what I think.  No Im talking about not being thin skinned.  You know sticks and stones may break my bones.... 

You're easily offended as are a lot of people now days.

My response to what he said is along the lines of "take a Zanyx dude Lol.

LOL okay bud.