Your unpopular ideas

Virgil

48 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

You're a fool.

What else is new. ?

I'm sure you'll find many people that agree with me and many that will agree with you.

He was a motivator and his players loved him, but we weren't winning a SB with Marv at the helm. All Pro talent everywhere and got outcoached every SB.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, BillsVet said:

The Bills offense will barely be average this year.

Sean McDermott is not an innovative coach, but is adept at convincing people he is.  

Good one. He is like many people I work with who can recite Lean and the Toyota Production System principles. Sounds great. Continuous improvement. Get better each day. Error proof. It makes sense. Until you realize players aren't machines and that some teams just have more talent.  

• Like (+1) 1

- Doug Whaley is unjustly crucified for putting together a solid roster in a short period of time with zero help from his predecessors or any of the coaches he was forced to live with. Never got to pick his QB or his coach but still had a playoff caliber team that those guys squandered.

- Jim Kelly is a little overrated as a QB by Buffalonians. Great Hall of Fame player, fantastic story and a wonderful ambassador for the region. Just not quite the player some people put him at.

- Bill Polian is grossly overrated as a GM

- If NFL players can't handle the risk of concussions or other serious injury,  they should have stuck to baseball.

- The Pegulas saved Buffalo sports with their money, but have ruined them with their management.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, billsbackto81 said:

Marv Levy sucked as a HC and sucked even harder as a GM.

His best qualities were motivation and his ability to harness different ego's into a single team/family atmosphere.  He was pry one of the only coaches that could've taken that team to four straight SB's.  There were better x's and o's coaches out there and we may have won a SB or two, but we wouldn't of made four straight without Levy steering the ship.

Yes.  He did suck as a GM. 

2 hours ago, Sherlock Holmes said:

Sills V could be the next Thielen

Wow. What have you seen from David Sills that would lead you to THAT conclusion?

He was great at WVU, but it does not seem he has done much in TC or PS games. 

Folks say he has skinny legs (wasn't that Shane Conlan's deal too?), needs to get stronger.

Practice squad would be good for him.

• Sad 1

38 minutes ago, rayray808 said:

Mahomes is not that good, he is just on an insane offense - he is like the "James Connor" of QB's who took over after Bell got hurt 

The Pats will officially bottom out this year

I’m with you on the Pats. This is the year the wheels fall off. Gronk was such a huge part of that team in run and pass game.

30 minutes ago, BullBuchanan said:

How could anyone disagree with any of that?

You can make a case for OJ being best Bill of all time. And conversely you can make an argument that Thurman was the better all around RB. Those are defensible positions. I think Bruce’s dominance and athleticism is on par with OJ and he is almost always in top 2 DE of all time with White. Many could make an argument OJ is not in top 5 RBs.  I put him fourth behind Jim Brown, Barry Sanders, and Walter Payton and just ahead of Emmitt Smith and Ladanian Tomlinson.  But others may have OJ behind Smith and Tomlinson. 

59 minutes ago, billsbackto81 said:

What else is new. ?

I'm sure you'll find many people that agree with me and many that will agree with you.

He was a motivator and his players loved him, but we weren't winning a SB with Marv at the helm. All Pro talent everywhere and got outcoached every SB.

I get what you're saying here, but to say "Marv Levy sucked as a HC" is an extreme exaggeration and a foolish statement.

There are only 22 Head Coaches in the NFL Hall of Fame.  Marv is one of them. 

4 hours ago, Virgil said:

-Shady isn’t “done”.  But he’s no longer a top 15 back.  If he and singletary had the same carries this season, I don’t think the output would be different. Shady doesn’t make guys miss like before and just isn’t a difference maker.  I think a top 5 RB could get 1500 yards in this new offense.   Shady takes what he gets now. 

I couldn't disagree more with you on this. I don't think Shady is a top 5 back anymore but he is still in that top 15 and he is still clearly the best back on the Bills. 

In fact one of my "unpopular opinions" would be that I don't think Devin Singletary will ever be a true RB1 in the NFL. Gio Bernard has always been my comparison. Nice player, good change of pace guy but not a number 1. 

2 minutes ago, Bad Things said:

I get what you're saying here, but to say "Marv Levy sucked as a HC" is an extreme exaggeration and a foolish statement.

There are only 22 Head Coaches in the NFL Hall of Fame.  Marv is one of them. 

Marv's "treat them like men" philosophy let the players stay out all night BEFORE the Super Bowls.  That was not very wise. That is what ticked me off about Marv as a HC.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Saying that one of the highest earning super models of all time is "good looking" takes a lot of guts.  I'm proud of you!

In that case, my unpopular take is that she looks like a skinnier, more horse faced version of Sarah Jessica Parker. 

NFL should dump instant replay review altogether.

Bills should have started Flutie vs Titans and kept him over RJ.

bills should not build a new stadium until Green Bay, Chicago, and KC do. Maybe not even then.

count me in in the red helmet minority.

• Like (+1) 1