Josh Allen studying Tom Brady (SI)

Buffalo86

1 hour ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're right that ultimately the only person who can make Allen better is Allen.  But you don't think it's helpful to watch the GOAT? 

I imagine Allen admiring Brady's footwork and committing to working harder on his own.  Or seeing Brady check down and thinking, "Hmm.  I would have made a different decision.  Let me think about that."  And so on.  I can't imagine anything bad happening from studying Brady's film but I can imagine Allen getting better because of the film study.  

I'm glad we have a QB who's committed to his craft.

This ^^^

Why is it some think that learning the QB position would not include watching how the best QBs do the job?  It’s not an osmosis thing, one needs to see how it’s done, then go through the steps to make sure you’re doing correctly, it’s a process, and it goes on throughout a QBs career.

Go Bills!!!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BurpleBull said:

Does Josh Allen really need film of Tom Brady playing smart football before doing it himself?

The only person that can make Allen a more cerebral QB and curb his impulse to force things at times, is Josh Allen. 

Yes, Josh needs such film of Brady and like minded more patient and smart qbs so as to create more healthy  balance in his mind, as Allen grew up watching and seemed to idolize Favre, wanting to emulate him. Allen needs to focus less on his love for his arm strength, and more on being a smart football player. By watching over and over again on film more patient, wise, and efficient qbs, and by him visualizing also him completing mostly lots of the smaller passes, with good footwork and decisions in those repeated daydreams, and doing such with ease, and by seeing those five yard or so gains as successes and not failures, these may replace the more carefree and bad habit ways he had shown last year,  and in any days since.

This is not to say Allen cannot take some chances deeper down field, but hero ball will not work here, when Allen may still have accuracy, decision or foot issues. His strong arm can be used just as much with the safer short to medium throws. I love Daboll’s philosophy of looking short first, especially now that we have Beasely,  Brown, McKenzie, Singletary, and such, who can catch short to medium too. If things are not open there, or on less frequent occasion then look for Brown, Foster or Jones deeper. Allen needs though as many mental and physical reps as possible, including film study of other successful qbs doing such,  seeing successes for shorter up to ten yard throws, to undo his long ball and more carefree mindset. Big deal if he completes one long ball a game, if he is killing drives throughout the game because of inability or a lack of desire to patiently move the chains.

Edited by BillsDude
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, hondo in seattle said:

You're right that ultimately the only person who can make Allen better is Allen.  But you don't think it's helpful to watch the GOAT? 

I imagine Allen admiring Brady's footwork and committing to working harder on his own.  Or seeing Brady check down and thinking, "Hmm.  I would have made a different decision.  Let me think about that."  And so on.  I can't imagine anything bad happening from studying Brady's film but I can imagine Allen getting better because of the film study.  

I'm glad we have a QB who's committed to his craft.

Exactly right.  And now that Allen has his version of the classic NE slot receiver in Beasley it's a good idea to study every throw Brady has made to his slot.  Think about how many yards & TD's Tom has generated with those throws. 

Allen's willingness to LEARN and more importantly admit that he has a lot to learn are one of his strengths. 

3 hours ago, Seasons1992 said:

No wonder @teef doesn't like you.

Frankly, they both look like (and most likely are) a huge PITA. I don't have time for that anymore.

I wouldn't worry too much about having to fend off these types of women; but that's just me.

I agree with the poster who suggested that watching film is great, but it's ultimately going to come down to Allen's execution. You can watch film til the cows come home(whatever that means). That's great. But it's on Josh to read the LOS, properly go through his progressions, make good decisions, and deliver an accurate ball.

Edited by LSHMEAB

16 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

God forbid a young QB decide to watch film on one of if not the best to ever play the position.  Who knows what could happen next, maybe he'll commit another sin and watch film of Montana.

too long ago.  very little  similarities in the game.  

Drew Brees would be better.  

7 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm going to say it....Allen's girl is hotter than Brady's wife.  Giselle has a manish look to her IMO.  

With no disrespect, I’m not really a fan of either of them.  Rachel Bush, with no talking or social media, beats them both.  

And I just worry that trying to make Allen Brady and that’s putting a square peg into a round hole.  

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

With no disrespect, I’m not really a fan of either of them.  Rachel Bush, with no talking or social media, beats them both.  

And I just worry that trying to make Allen Brady and that’s putting a square peg into a round hole.  

I mean I don't know if that's what they're trying to do exactly but they're definitely trying teach and get him to master the short game. So it makes perfect sense to me if you're training him on that to have him watch Brady who has mastered it.

5 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I can understand the attraction to Rachel Bush but she’s not someone I’m attracted to. 

Just now, Warcodered said:

I mean I don't know if that's what they're trying to do exactly but they're definitely trying teach and get him to master the short game. So it makes perfect sense to me if you're training him on that to have him watch Brady who has mastered it.

I think we have a Brady receiving core.  I think we should have a few big guys on the outside and be an offense that takes big shots.  I don’t see Allen as a dink and dunker and think he could get in bad habits. 

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

I can understand the attraction to Rachel Bush but she’s not someone I’m attracted to. 

I’m not dating her for her personality and educational background.

1 minute ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I think we have a Brady receiving core.  I think we should have a few big guys on the outside and be an offense that takes big shots.  I don’t see Allen as a dink and dunker and think he could get in bad habits. 

I’m not dating her for her personality and educational background.

I don’t have any attraction towards her...physically too.