Josh Allen studying Tom Brady (SI)

Buffalo86

From Albert Breer, SI:

Also, since Allen is playing in a Patriot-family offense under coordinator Brian Daboll, he spent time intently studying Tom Brady.  “[Watching] the greatest quarterback to ever do it, how he changes certain things, on certain coverages what he thinks and where his eyes go, just picking up on little things. … He just knows the game so well, he understands situational football, he’s not going to force the ball into too many windows, he understands his checkdowns, he knows where his outlets are, he’s fine with taking 2-3 yards on a throw. … He trusts his offense and he trusts his receivers and running backs to go make plays for him. And that’s something that this year, we’ll be doing a better job of.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/26/andrew-luck-retires-colts-jason-witten-cowboys-josh-allen-bills

Whatever works!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

certainly can't hurt.

8 minutes ago, Buffalo86 said:

From Albert Breer, SI:

Also, since Allen is playing in a Patriot-family offense under coordinator Brian Daboll, he spent time intently studying Tom Brady.  “[Watching] the greatest quarterback to ever do it, how he changes certain things, on certain coverages what he thinks and where his eyes go, just picking up on little things. … He just knows the game so well, he understands situational football, he’s not going to force the ball into too many windows, he understands his checkdowns, he knows where his outlets are, he’s fine with taking 2-3 yards on a throw. … He trusts his offense and he trusts his receivers and running backs to go make plays for him. And that’s something that this year, we’ll be doing a better job of.”

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/08/26/andrew-luck-retires-colts-jason-witten-cowboys-josh-allen-bills

Whatever works!

8 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I'm going to say it....Allen's girl is hotter than Brady's wife.  Giselle has a manish look to her IMO.  

A mannish look is a preference for Tommy 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I swear to god I’ll smash my remote if I see Allen get scared like a little girl when a d lineman breaks through and he just throws it on the ground and takes the penalty cause he’s scared to be hit. I know it’s a smart play in the grand scheme of things for him and his team but omg I scream every time I see Brady do it. Most gutless play in the whole league.

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BuffaloBill said:

The Detroit game suggested that his studying is not working. Let’s hope it was a single bad showing and some of the NC game comes through when games count.

When Josh puts up a sub 47 QBR like Tyrod did in preseason, then I'll worry.  

other headlines are similar 

The sky is falling because Baker had a bad game 3.  (ok its been getting "progressively" worse in the 3 preseason games) 

18 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I swear to god I’ll smash my remote if I see Allen get scared like a little girl when a d lineman breaks through and he just throws it on the ground and takes the penalty cause he’s scared to be hit. I know it’s a smart play in the grand scheme of things for him and his team but omg I scream every time I see Brady do it. Most gutless play in the whole league.

the thing that gets me about this is they know 90% of the time they can make up for it; penalty or incompletion (unless it's 3rd down) ; i'd LOVE for my team to be in that position.

37 minutes ago, Doc said:

Hopefully he's studying-up on HGH, er, the TB12 method, extra helmet radios and illegal videotaping.

agreed on the whole sentence but the highlighted is especially egregious IMO.  I was watched "A football Life" of Belichick, they actually have a video example of 1 second before Brady snapped the ball you can see/hear BB shouting "pass, pass" in his mic and Brady pulls the ball away from the RB (wasn't a designed play-action move).

I don't think Brady was/is the defensive reader he appears to be or was in the beginning; it's possible he's learned listening to BB for 19 years, i think BB was giving him the breakdown right up to the snap.

39 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

When Josh puts up a sub 47 QBR like Tyrod did in preseason, then I'll worry.  

other headlines are similar 

The sky is falling because Baker had a bad game 3.  (ok its been getting "progressively" worse in the 3 preseason games) 

Baker accomplished vastly more as a rookie. A lot less to prove. There is a bit more of a leash when it comes to Baker. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1