Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

3 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Allen isn't the guy, Beane won't be around to pick again.  He traded a starting LT and multiple picks for Allen. His career is in Allen's hands.

Good thing he didn't trade Shaq Lawson and multiple picks for Allen.  It's bad enough he didn't pick up Lawson's 5th year option, despite having done NOTHING in the last 3 seasons to deserve having it picked up.

2 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

If Allen isn't the guy, Beane won't be around to pick again.  He traded a starting LT and multiple picks for Allen. His career is in Allen's hands.

I’d blame him more for the bad Star Lotulelei and Mitch Morse big $$$ signings than I would if Allen doesn’t pan out. 

6 minutes ago, Troll Toll said:

I’d blame him more for the bad Star Lotulelei and Mitch Morse big $$$ signings than I would if Allen doesn’t pan out. 

Mitch Morse is barely anything of a cap hit if we part ways after next year.  

It was structured in a very responsible way.  

Edited by SCBills
  • Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I mean by that point, Beane should be fired, and Pegula should hire you as the new GM.  Once that happens, you would pick the right QB for this team.

Wow, that’s clever

8 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

Beane/McD get another chance unless the wheels totally fall off this season and next season.  Meaning the team outright fails or quits versus a rash of bizarre injuries.  The Pegula's surely realize that turning over the staff every three years does not make Buffalo a desirable stop for new potential candidates.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, aceman_16 said:

Lol okay... revisionist history at it's worst.

OK. They were #2 in yards allowed.  They were #18 in points allowed. Let's talk about that.

They played the #3, #4 (x2), #5, #8, #9, #11, #13, and #15 offenses last year. They were 0-9 in those games and they allowed 247 points in those games. 27.4 points per game. 

They also managed to lose to the #23 and #26 offenses while surrendering 24 points per game in those games (27 and 21 respectively.

The offenses they beat were ranked 19, 23, 24, 26, 27, and 31.

What this means, in short, is they lost to every single average or above offense they played last season and also lost to 2 poor offenses.  But you're right. I'm revising history to make them sound bad.  In reality they were tearing it up.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, SCBills said:

Mitch Morse is barely anything of a cap hit if we part ways after next year.  

It was structured in a very responsible way.  

Im assuming you mean after 2020? A 2 year 28m deal that’s leaving 5.5m in dead space isn’t a particularly impressive out on a contract for a center.

50 minutes ago, Augie said:

He’s no Kelvin Benjamin! 

OK, it wasn’t a tag, but the KB thing is one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen in sports. 

It was as much strange from the player as the front office. For guys so process driven and so familiar with the player I was VERY surprised they’d trade for a guy that showed up to camp at like 280 lbs the year prior 

• Like (+1) 1

21 minutes ago, Ethan in Portland said:

normally I would agree, but I expect he would get another shot unless something else really bad happens.

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

It was as much strange from the player as the front office. For guys so process driven and so familiar with the player I was VERY surprised they’d trade for a guy that showed up to camp at like 280 lbs the year prior 

A head scratcher on both sides, and one I doubt I’ll EVER understand. No doubt. Had he been free, then fine. For a 3rd? Crazy stuff. I don’t get it, and wonder what I don’t know about how that went down.  ?‍♂️

I would give up some value for Clowney, even though it would be a one-year deal. I'd make the bet that once he's in Buffalo and gets to see the environment, facilities, and fanbase firsthand, that there's a solid chance he'd want to sign a long-term deal afterwards.

• Like (+1) 1