Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

1 hour ago, john wawrow said:

I only post citing people whom I trust and are in a position to know.

One more thing: If Brandon Beane was so busy involved in all these trade talks, why did he spent a good half hour doing one on one interviews with a whole host of reporters following practice today?

jw

It was a diversion....pretty sneaky huh?

6 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

McCoy

Zay 

4th 

This my offer yesterday when I was posting on this....anything more and its a bad deal because there are no guarantee's he even signs with us

McCoy....we have protected ourself here with Gore....drafting singletary....can keep Yeldon....and maybe even give our rugby player a chance

Zay.....he might get cut anyway.....but our CFL player Duke can fill that void

4th round pick

Anything more then that Miami can have him and watch him walk at the end of the year

1 minute ago, LSHMEAB said:

Zay and Foster could both potentially be cut. Murphy is mostly known for being injured. ANYONE could have signed Yeldon in the offseason if they thought he was someone they'd be willing to trade for. Shaq and maybe Foster are the two guys in the discussion that I could see providing trade value. I could see a team intrigued by Foster's big play ability and Shaq is a "proven" commodity with SOME upside. But you never know how another team views these players. Maybe they think Zay just hasn't had a QB. Maybe they think Murphy is a stud. I doubt it, but it's theoretically possible.

Pretty sure that Zay and Foster are subject to the waiver system where the teams with the worst records last season have first dibs.  Yeldon had a very mediocre season last year but has had a pretty good camp.  No guarantee that any of these guys will be there for Houston like 10 dollar street walkers.

10 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

One more thing: If Brandon Beane was so busy involved in all these trade talks, why did he spent a good half hour doing one on one interviews with a whole host of reporters following practice today?

jw

Appreciate the insight.  For real. 

9 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

jw

Well, that was fun while it lasted.  Thanks JW!  (Seriously, thanks for posting)

20 minutes ago, Bockeye said:

I’m with you on not giving up a first round pick. Next draft will be loaded with WR’s in the first and we need one. Having said that, I’m on board with what some of the vet posters here are saying - mid round pick and player(s). 

Another aspect to think about is Brady. We HAVE to invest heavily in our D as there is no way we will match NE’s offense until he retires or falls off the cliff. That could be another 2-3 years. 

I would be shocked if we could get Clowney for a player and a mid round pick.  If that’s it, I’m totally on board.  Heck, I’d go a second and a player.

Im actually not as worried about Brady specifically anymore.  That NE offense has changed.  He’s not who he was and I think this will be his last year.  The last two years of his contract void and he has a no tag clause.  He’s a free agent after this season. 

13 minutes ago, john wawrow said:

jw

I'm gonna hold out hope that you're wrong. ;)

That being said, have you heard anything about Clowney to other teams? I'm on the fence about him coming here, but I definitely don't want him going to Miami... 

7 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

Top 5 sure.  When you discuss the best defenses last year Buffalo wasnt the top of many lists.  They weren't a dominant Defense.  The Bears Defense was in a similar place as ours.  Enter Mack and they went to another level.  Clowney isnt that, but he would have a similar impact for the overall team.  The team is lacking a disrupter.  Clowney is that.  Run or Pass Clowney has the ability to blow up either one.

I'm a huge Jerry Hughes fan , feel he's criminally underrated.  He's an elite pass rusher and disruptor, and Oliver has the makeup to be one on the inside . Clowney would add another elite , disrupting DL. 

I personally don't want anything to do with him . I think we're talented and deep at DE but that would be a lethal combination , backed by arguably the best secondary in the game. 

I would guess McCoy... and Foster (not Zay) are the likely players on the block. Texans wouldn't want Jones. Might also include Dawkins in the mix with Nsekhe and Bates waiting for their shot. 

The Dolphins would be stupid to trade Tunsil for Clowney.  So I hope that happens.

Edited by unbillievable

6 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I'm gonna hold out hope that you're wrong. ;)

That being said, have you heard anything about Clowney to other teams? I'm on the fence about him coming here, but I definitely don't want him going to Miami... 

Yeah as i was stopped at a red light i saw someone in a eagles hat and i said clowney to philly he gave me a thumbs down nothing in  philly happening 

TJC

Edited by TheJauronClap
  • Haha (+1) 1

5 hours ago, DJB said:

Not to be a dink but couldn’t this have gone in the massive Clowney thread?

This is a thread about an event, not a player. 

Also, this would definitely make incarceratedbob a bit more legit in my mind.