Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, Augie said:

If we can talk numbers, great. But it is still not a contract and why I say someone needs to show some trust. I’d like to be able to control the structure of the contract to help the teams cap, and avoid having to use the tag two years in a row. I want a guy who’s happy to be here, not a guy whose happiness we have to buy on unfriendly terms. 

I’ll trust them to be smart and do what they think is best. 

That is why you offer picks that can be converted into higher values once a contract is finalized.  A third that can be changed to a first once the contract is done as an example.  If I were Bills GM any trade would hinge on conditional picks but also involve players.

4 minutes ago, Augie said:

If we can talk numbers, great. But it is still not a contract and why I say someone needs to show some trust. I’d like to be able to control the structure of the contract to help the teams cap, and avoid having to use the tag two years in a row. I want a guy who’s happy to be here, not a guy whose happiness we have to buy on unfriendly terms. 

Agents and GMs typical play fair because if not they get a bad reputation throughout the league and messes up other deals for different clients

8 minutes ago, Augie said:

Nothing in Clowney's history suggests that he would honor a handshake deal.

He's about as money-centric as you can get. All a team needs to do is leak to his agent that they will pay him more and he is gone.

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Agents and GMs typical play fair because if not they get a bad reputation throughout the league and messes up other deals for different clients

I trust agents and GM’s far more than players. Those guys can be nut jobs and change their minds. Who knows what might happen to change his mind? Until it’s signed, there is an element of risk. 

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

I want to be able to re-sign Tre , Edmunds , Allen , Dawkins all big contracts .  I want to draft a DE instead of very expensive Clowney, jmo

Sinking a giant sum of money into a single player on the defensive side of the ball is stupid.

The more this story fizzles into fake news the better off this organization is.

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, unbillievable said:

Nothing in Clowney's history suggests that he would honor a handshake deal.

He's about as money-centric as you can get. All a team needs to do is leak to his agent that they will pay him more and he is gone.

Yep, it’s the player I don’t trust. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If this goes down, I can't wait to watch Clowney mail it in, and only get 4 or 5 sacks all year.  Then, we can watch him walk at the end of the season, and sign with New England.

GET IT DONE, BEANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Do you even believe the things you say, I'm seriously thinking you don't 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If this goes down, I can't wait to watch Clowney mail it in, and only get 4 or 5 sacks all year.  Then, we can watch him walk at the end of the season, and sign with New England.

So let me get this straight: you think that Clowney is going to purposely choose to sign his franchise tender so that he can get traded to Buffalo just to mail it in during his contract year?

I don't even know how to process such a notion

1 minute ago, BillzFreak said:

Do you even believe the things you say, I'm seriously thinking you don't 

Impossible. Nobody is that...well, you know...

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

So let me get this straight: you think that Clowney is going to purposely choose to sign his franchise tender so that he can get traded to Buffalo just to mail it in during his contract year?

Don't waste your time.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Right, because we've never seen that in Buffalo before.

:rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

He’s no Kelvin Benjamin! 

OK, it wasn’t a tag, but the KB thing is one of the strangest things I’ve ever seen in sports. 

8 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Reading your posts like this one is like watching a badly scripted and badly acted reality show pretend to be real.