Pro Football Network: Bills one of teams in on Clowney trade

YoloinOhio

Just now, Augie said:

Benadryl?  

?

I kid, you’re just a luck guy! 

Check back in 5 hours. 

While there have been multiple times I've come close, the wife wouldn't let me.. lol

She hasn't really started teething hard yet and my fear is that it's all gonna hit at once and I'll probably die. 

I think what's giving Beane pause is Allen.  If Allen is The Guy, the Bills are a couple of great players from real success, and then it makes sense to get Clowney.  If Allen just never gets it, Beane will need his capital to move on in the 2021 draft.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Hah- the 7 month old is already out cold in bed. :P 

Good luck. 

Thanks.

She's up there whining her best "dada" and keeping her older brothers awake.

Gotta be teeth. She was uncharacteristically clingy to Mrs. Bandit all day today.

I for one hope that we do trade Shady... I just dumped Lamar Miller in fantasy and grabbed Devin Singletary.

Also, I am that guy in fantasy who always gets a ton of Bills players... 

2 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Thanks.

She's up there whining her best "dada" and keeping her older brothers awake.

Gotta be teeth. She was uncharacteristically clingy to Mrs. Bandit all day today.

Oof. That sounds heartbreaking... Mine is the first, so she already owns me.. Not sure what I'll do when she can actually call me instead of just screaming... ?

Edited by whatdrought

19 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

If this goes down, I can't wait to watch Clowney mail it in, and only get 4 or 5 sacks all year.  Then, we can watch him walk at the end of the season, and sign with New England.

GET IT DONE, BEANE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Worked really well for kelvin Benjamin. 

What was the movie with the 14 year old baseball manager who asks the ace pitcher what the going rate for a pitcher who just mails it in is?  Nothing.  Clowney is staring at a 150 million dollar contract. He’s gonna get 15 sacks this year 

22 minutes ago, ALF said:

I want to be able to re-sign Tre , Edmunds , Allen , Dawkins all big contracts .  I want to draft a DE instead of very expensive Clowney, jmo

No need to worry. This team is being constructed so that they can afford an elite free agent DE and still pay all the guys you mentioned when their contracts are up. Keep in mind that Murphy and Hughes will very likely be gone by the time the big contracts for our youth core are needed. Lotulelei will have a very manageable cap hit by then as well. If Beane does end up trading for Clowney, I'm confident that he already thought about this and plans to keep all of White, Edmunds, Allen, Dawkins, Milano, Oliver, etc.

5 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I for one hope that we do trade Shady... I just dumped Lamar Miller in fantasy and grabbed Devin Singletary.

Also, I am that guy in fantasy who always gets a ton of Bills players... 

Oof. That sounds heartbreaking... Mine is the first, so she already owns me.. Not sure what I'll do when she can actually call me instead of just screaming... ?

It would be a lot worse if Mrs. Bandit weren't in the room with her. Little girl is only calling for me because mom hasn't picked her up ? 

I had a few really difficult nights with the twins, but it hardened my resolve for baby #3 ? 

8 minutes ago, Utah John said:

I think what's giving Beane pause is Allen.  If Allen is The Guy, the Bills are a couple of great players from real success, and then it makes sense to get Clowney.  If Allen just never gets it, Beane will need his capital to move on in the 2021 draft.

If they’re drafting a QB in 2021 Beane won’t be the one making that selection. At least I would hope not. 

10 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

While there have been multiple times I've come close, the wife wouldn't let me.. lol

She hasn't really started teething hard yet and my fear is that it's all gonna hit at once and I'll probably die. 

Death might be more mercy than you deserve.  ?

Enjoy these times that often seem horrible. Down the road they will be precious memories. I promise! 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, thebandit27 said:

It would be a lot worse if Mrs. Bandit weren't in the room with her. Little girl is only calling for me because mom hasn't picked her up ? 

I had a few really difficult nights with the twins, but it hardened my resolve for baby #3 ? 

I certainly love being a man... Seems like the mothers get the raw end of the deal... 

Starting with a girl will be bad for any sons I might have as I'll be twice the hard ass to prove that, as soft as my little girl makes me, i'm still the dad. Seems easier going the other way... ?

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Augie said:

Death might be more mercy than you deserve.  ?

Enjoy these times that often seem horrible. Down the road they will be precious memories. I promise! 

Tell me about it... I don't even know where the last 7 months went. I taught her how to put my wedding ring into a little tin box she was playing with, and I realized how far we've come from that January day in the hospital... I can't imagine how fast life feels for those who are sending their kids to school and whatnot. 

1 minute ago, Chemical said:

If they’re drafting a QB in 2021 Beane won’t be the one making that selection. At least I would hope not. 

Don’t be so sure of yourself. Everybody knows drafting a QB is a crap shoot. They have done a LOT right, and if they continue on this trajectory, I’d give them another shot at QB if Josh isn’t the guy. I think the Pegulas as smart people and probably agree. 

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, aristocrat said:

Worked really well for kelvin Benjamin. 

What was the movie with the 14 year old baseball manager who asks the ace pitcher what the going rate for a pitcher who just mails it in is?  Nothing.  Clowney is staring at a 150 million dollar contract. He’s gonna get 15 sacks this year 

Little Big League, mcgreavy didn’t want to play for a kid, so the kid said he was going to play him and then asked Mac what the going rate is for a pitcher with a bum arm who can’t get anyone out lol

1 minute ago, whatdrought said:

Tell me about it... I don't even know where the last 7 months went. I taught her how to put my wedding ring into a little tin box she was playing with, and I realized how far we've come from that January day in the hospital... I can't imagine how fast life feels for those who are sending their kids to school and whatnot. 

Just last night, after dinner at our house,  my youngest was asking his GF’s dad for his blessings as he intends to propose. Her dad said “no way in hell!”  

OK, maybe it was more like “I was wondering when you’d get around to this.” 

It seems like he was teething just last week in some ways. Time and memory are strange things. We are all an accumulation of our live’s experiences. 

Good luck, and enjoy even the tough times. 

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Bray Wyatt said:

Little Big League, mcgreavy didn’t want to play for a kid, so the kid said he was going to play him and then asked Mac what the going rate is for a pitcher with a bum arm who can’t get anyone out lol

Wow you knew the names. I’m impressed 

23 minutes ago, Utah John said:

If Allen isn't the guy, Beane won't be around to pick again.  He traded a starting LT and multiple picks for Allen. His career is in Allen's hands.

• Like (+1) 5